General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Removal of inappropriate material

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Genes

Genes Advisor Report 1 Dec 2004 10:46

The GR message boards are for the enjoyment of all. If any thread or post is deemed inappropriate or offensive it will be removed. We thank your support to make GR a place everyone can visit and feel welcome. If you have questions or comments on our message board policy please use our feedback form.

PolperroPrincess

PolperroPrincess Report 1 Dec 2004 10:49

Looks like we offended someone!! Sorry Michelle just voicing opinions thats all

PolperroPrincess

PolperroPrincess Report 1 Dec 2004 10:52

No Im not sorry for the thread just sorry that Michelle seems to have got it in the neck cos someone has a delicate tummy and didnt agree with our personal opinions

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 1 Dec 2004 10:53

Excuse me. Offence aimed at an individual, yes delete the thread. Conversation about everyday life however distressing. That's life...... get one

PolperroPrincess

PolperroPrincess Report 1 Dec 2004 10:56

Nice one Autumn

Brian

Brian Report 1 Dec 2004 11:23

Hi Michelle, Whilst you're around, I've a question for you: I asked you, in all seriousness, if you (and [possibly] your gang) would like to take part in our zany panto. You scrutinise everything that comes through, so you would know what to expect. And I bet you are not so strait-laced as to not have the odd titter or two. OK, so I didn't really expect you to agree to participate, but you could have entered into the spirit of the thing and declined, possibly in rhyme. But you chose to ignore me....what can all of us GR's deduce from that? That's a second question............ Yours truly, Buttons, ;-x)

Estelle

Estelle Report 1 Dec 2004 11:51

I would love to be in your panto What great fun it would be But with emails to answer And gedcoms to upload I dont even have time for tea. Not only that I have Chatston to read And FAQ's to update And I mustn't forget the all important 'I'm a celebrity'!!!!! Sorry, not so good at rhymes!! Estelle (Genes Team) ;o)

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Dec 2004 11:52

Give them a break. We moan when the sites slow - we don't thank them when it runs just fine. We moan when they don't implement our suggestions - we then say how great they are when they annouce changes, only to start moaning again about something else the next day. We moan when they boot threads and when they don't. We moan when they don't answer every single mail (fair enough, some may say). Now we expect them to read and reply to every thread on the board ? They're obviously extremenly busy running the site.. we really expect them to participate in a panto ???? Whinge over.

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Dec 2004 11:52

Brilliant Estelle - some faith has been restored here! Mandy :)

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Dec 2004 11:53

Estelle, you just proved my point and negated my point at the same time lol

Pat

Pat Report 1 Dec 2004 12:00

Agree with you Paul, Genes normally answer their emails, OK sometimes they are slower than other times. I asked Genes would they consider a proposal and they agreed to consider it, If people could read the thread (GR Answers request about Unwanted Certs) and if you agree please add to it. Thank You Pat x

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 1 Dec 2004 12:03

i think genes do a brilliant job and cant fault them in any way. every site has its problems not just genes. i am glad that they delete the offensive threads,as i for one was accused of being a trouble maker the other night,along with a few other members. i have never participated in any arguments on this site before and nor will i in the future,unless my friends are being hounded.then like any good friend,i will back them up. i think that michelle and the genes team are doing the right thing susie

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 1 Dec 2004 12:11

Thank you michelle Elaine x :o))

N

N Report 1 Dec 2004 12:50

Its nice that g/r have given us a reason etc through a thread, so i thank them, but its hard to say what is offensive and what is not as its a personal opinion. I suppose g/r could set up another board and name it not for the easierly offened, so on that board you could post anything and if you get offened easy then you do not go onto that board. Then i suppose everyone gets what they want in a round about way, LOL. wow, even im confused now,LOL. :-)

Lisa

Lisa Report 1 Dec 2004 12:56

WHAT IS OFFENSIVE MICHELLE.HAVING A DEBATE WITH ANOTHER MEMBER.THAT IS WHAT CALLED DEBATE AND TOPICAL TOPICS.PEOPLES VIEWS.IFEEL THAT I PAY MY MEMBERSHIP AND UNLESS IT IS ANYTHING TO DO WITH CHILDREN OR OF A SEXUAL NATURE THEN I CANNOT SEE THE HARM.AFTER ALL YOU DID SAY YOU HAD TO BE 18 AND OVER TO BE ON HERE.I WILL BE REVIEWING MY DECISION TO RENEW AS I AM GETTING A LITTLE FED UP BEING DICTATED TO.THAT IS WHY SO MANY MEMBERS HAVE LEFT.

Brian

Brian Report 1 Dec 2004 13:11

Estelle, Thank you, thank you, thank you. That response has satisfied me; probably a lot of my other chums too. If that reply, in rhyme as well, is on behalf of Michelle and colleagues of you both then so much the better. Goes to show you do get into the spirit of things....I'll retract my insinuation/criticism unreservedly. oxoxoxoxoxoxoxo........hugs and kisses all round, Buttons, ;-x) P.S.You are most welcome to watch the panto, and feel free to boo and hiss where you feel appropriate (but not at me!)

Estelle

Estelle Report 1 Dec 2004 13:49

I'd love to boo and I'd love to hiss And shout that it's behind you And when I get my equity card Then I will join in too! Oooh, I'm on a real roll here! Must get on - work to do...! Estelle

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Dec 2004 14:05

Lisa et al, All of us, you and I included, have been guilty of occasionally suggesting to someone else that they should or should not post something. However, when you post a message on this board, you're given the following warning; Important Note: Please do not post anything here which may offend, infringe anyone's rights, or breach the law. If you see anything here that may do so, then please inform us of it using the Contact Us page. We do not generally monitor contributions before they appear here, so we rely upon users to help eliminate offending material. GR admin are therefore quite within their rights to remove any post that they feel offends, especially if they have complaints. The threads that were removed this morning were very well intentioned, I don't disagree with the sentiments at all, but some of the wording was very strong, and I for one am not surprised at all that they were removed. Paul

Lisa

Lisa Report 1 Dec 2004 14:06

done it once paul and that was when trouble was caused.we all have rows but that doesn't mean that we have to keep running to G.R to complain.we are all adults and maybe we should all start acting like one.love and hugsxxxxx(:

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Dec 2004 14:14

Bendy, as you said to me a week or so ago... very mature