General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Finally an Update from me

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Dec 2004 17:15

See below

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Dec 2004 17:15

Well – apologies for the huge delay in posting – but going to hell and back takes rather a long time !!!!! And I did manage to attend my best friend’s wedding at the weekend – it was wonderful *Gaynor with BIG smile on face* I am just about pulling out of the last chemo session now and am sure the 3 pint blood transfusion did help terrifically. Am still having problems sleeping so do feel tired all the time BUT I do seem to have more energy and that zombie druggy look has finally left me. A few other little niggly side effects are still there but are getting better daily. Apparently it takes between 4 and 6 weeks for the chemo to leave your body !! No news on the size of my tumours as the next CT scan is due on 30th December and I start radiotherapy in January. They aren’t going to radio the lung tumour, but will do the one on my boob and try and blast the lymph nodes in the chest as that is the killer bit – am not looking forward to it but at least it’s after Xmas *Gaynor with another BIG smile on face*. It’s incredible to think that already 4 months have passed since being told I have 9 to 15 to live – so, in reality that’s just between another 5 and 11 months to go – how precious and short real time is. I am giving it my all to make it more. Thank you so much to everyone who has added to threads and emailed me – my family and I have been uplifted by your warmth and generosity. Hope to be around the boards a bit now – thanks again. Love and hugs Gaynor xxxxx

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Dec 2004 17:16

Bless you Gaynor, fantastic to hear from you. Loads and loads of love and hugs, Mandy, Marston & Jordan xxx

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Dec 2004 17:17

Mandy Why are you a Clothes Horse? :-))) Gaynor

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 1 Dec 2004 17:18

Gaynor thank you so much for updating us all you are such an inspiration. Great to see you back on the boards! Go to the Panto thread and have a good laugh it's hilarious! Love Linda x

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Dec 2004 17:18

Love & Hugs, And don't miss the Pants-o-Mime. It has all the makings of a hilarious evening. Jim

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 1 Dec 2004 17:19

hello babes i am so glad that you are back hun love and hugs susie and terry

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Dec 2004 17:19

hey kiddo - nice to see you - hope you and the family have a great time over the festive season xx

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 1 Dec 2004 17:20

Gaynor, its so wonderful to hear from you! Your always in my thoughts.... Love and HUGE Huggles -x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 1 Dec 2004 17:20

Great to hear from you Gaynor, you sound in really good spirits. Have a look at this mad lot of bu**ers in the pantomime, that'll keep you cheery. Best wishes Christine

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 1 Dec 2004 17:25

Sending all my love & strength to you Gaynor. You inspire so many. Elaine xxxx

Heather

Heather Report 1 Dec 2004 17:26

Hi Gaynor Its lovely to see you here again and I hope you feel much, much better in a couple of weeks so that you can enjoy Christmas. Heather

Josette

Josette Report 1 Dec 2004 17:26

Gaynor lovely to hear from you, glad your feeling brighter now. Hope you and family have a wonderful time at christmas and new year. Thinking of you xxxxxx Luv Jo xxx

Lisa

Lisa Report 1 Dec 2004 17:26

glad to see you back gaynor.love and hugsxxxx(:

David

David Report 1 Dec 2004 17:29

Hiya Gaynor It's very humbling to read your update, such courage should not go unrewarded!!. Still tagging along behind you, Much love David x x x x x x x

Carolyn

Carolyn Report 1 Dec 2004 17:33

It's so nice to hear from you again Gaynor, glad you're starting to feel a little bit better. Hope you and your family enjoy a fantastic christmas together - you certainly deserve to. Carolyn

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 1 Dec 2004 17:39

A good time to pop back! Christmas is a busy time you know. Pants o mime and all sorts on here! Glad to see you back and still fighting. Puts everything into perspective for us all. Take care, Jacky :-) xx

NicolaDunbyNocula

NicolaDunbyNocula Report 1 Dec 2004 17:54

I know we have never spoke before, but I just wanted to wish you all the best in your recovery. Love Nicola and family xxxxxx

Jean Durant

Jean Durant Report 1 Dec 2004 17:56

Gaynor, So pleased you are beginning to feel a little better. How very brave you are. You make me feel very humble. I hope by Christmas you are feeling a whole lot better and can enjoy yourself. You deserve it. Best love and positive thoughts. Jean x.

Speedy

Speedy Report 1 Dec 2004 18:00

Glad your back on the boards, hope you have a good Xmas, and all goes well after, put your feet up and enjoy as much as you can. Bev