General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

NO ROOM AT THE INN....... UPDATE 17th December

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Dec 2004 21:01

or at hospital either see below

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Dec 2004 21:06

4 am this morning - husband was struggling to breathe 4.30 am - rang out of hours service 5.10 am - they rang back - oh make your way to A & E 5.40 - b i l arrived to take us to hosp - 5 miles away 5.50 - seen straight away by doctor 6.10 - ecg done 6.30 - blood taken and drip put in 6.45 - chest x-ray taken 7.15 - right lung half collapsed, left nearly 1/4 collapsed 7.30 - decision was made that husband was to be admitted as this was serious 10.00 - oh - sorry - no beds - just go home 11.35 - caught the BUS home 12.10 - finally home

Benjamin

Benjamin Report 6 Dec 2004 21:07

Hi Shiela I hope your husband will be okay. Best wishes.

Felicity

Felicity Report 6 Dec 2004 21:09

Words fail me!!!!!!!!

Joy

Joy Report 6 Dec 2004 21:10

She - what happens next? Do hope things get sorted, and he'll be okay. Joy

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Dec 2004 21:12

if he gets worse have to ring the out of hours doctor again - I know of someone that had a mild stroke last week in another area and since there are no beds THEY are still at home . When my daughter was having her baby earlier this year - her waters broke in the car park and SHE was sent home as well!!!!! shaking my head here

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 6 Dec 2004 21:14

Think that's all terrible, and very distressing for you both She, whereabouts are you?..

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Dec 2004 21:16

we are in Yorkshire here - there was a chap brought into the hosp at 10pm last night with a mild heart attack and when we left he still hadnt been found a bed!!!!

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 6 Dec 2004 21:31

But Tony and his henchmen keep telling us Health Service and hospitals have improved. Just remember that come the election as the horror stories seem to increase day by day. Hope your husband is feeling a bit better.

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 6 Dec 2004 21:35

She If he has to go in again and there is no bed.Ask them about a bed at L.G.I. You can always stop in Otley with me not that far by bus to Leeds only takes just over half an hour. Hugs to you both Sue from Otley

Beverley

Beverley Report 6 Dec 2004 21:39

Sheila, that is terrible, I hope Paul is okay and back to his normal cheery self soon. Bev:)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 6 Dec 2004 21:50

She, that is awful, so worrying for you both. However, Tony had a collapsed lung when we were first married, he was in the Navy then so - straight to haslar hospital. But th only treatment was bed rest, he had to sleep half sitting though to help him breathe. Sometimes I think, if you can recover at home you are much safer reading what the hygiene in some hospitals is like. it seems you are likely to catch more in there than youw ent in with. Bu all that aside, it is worying for you. i do hope paul will recover soon. Ann Glos

Bren from Oldham

Bren from Oldham Report 6 Dec 2004 21:55

Hi She Thats terrible news they should have a bed somewhere in the hospital Well according to Mr Blair and his cronies and the endlesss statistics that the Labour party are always publishing, they should have been What 's happened to patient choice , they should have rung the other hospitals in the group to find a bed Give my love to Paul and I hope he soon gets better take care Bren

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Dec 2004 22:18

Sheila, Poor you. All the best to Paul. We will remember these times when the Election comes. Jim

Frances in Norwich

Frances in Norwich Report 6 Dec 2004 22:22

Sheila, that is terrible! Have you thought about contacting your local newspaper or MP? I hope your husband is ok. Take care. Frances

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 6 Dec 2004 22:24

sending luv to u both and remebr u know where i am if u need anything lou xxxx

Fairy

Fairy Report 6 Dec 2004 22:34

Shelia, So sorry to hear of this, I truly hope your husband is OK. It's dreadful what you are going through. This country is really going down the pan, even the so called National Health Service can't help people anymore. It certainly can't be realied on.

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 6 Dec 2004 22:51

all my love to Paul XXXXX

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 6 Dec 2004 23:05

Shelia, how disgusting to be treated like this in this day and age. It must have been really stressful for you both. Hope Paul is feeling better. Take care Christine

Josette

Josette Report 6 Dec 2004 23:08

She that is terrible, hope hubby is okay Luv Jo xx