General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 7 Dec 2004 17:57

Don't forget 9pm tonight bbc 2 Sue

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Dec 2004 17:57

meera syal isnt it

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 7 Dec 2004 18:03

Hope it is not a travel programme around India as the one the other week around S. Africa.

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 7 Dec 2004 18:09

Yes its Meera Syal Should be good if you have any ancestors that were born in India or were in the army/India Mutiny1857-1859. I have a relly that was in the India Mutiny found him just by chance by googling his surname. Sue

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 7 Dec 2004 18:10

I am looking forward to this one tonight-Rose

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 7 Dec 2004 18:18

I'm looking forward to seeing how another culture deals with record keeping. Did anyone see the send up of last weeks programme on "Dead Ringers " last night? Apparently the programme is having an effect on the buying of certificates. I ordered one on the 29th of November and the date for sending is 9th December. Rosemary(Essex)

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Dec 2004 23:03

it was fascinating - and wow - the records were so well kept werent they

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 7 Dec 2004 23:23

Fascinating and envied the way the village priest kept all the records! Learnt a bit about the history too especially circa 1920's. Ann

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 7 Dec 2004 23:34

I was in tears when she picked up the stone from the house her grandfather built - then her mother's comment 'It smells of India - It smells of dung' totally deflated me!!!! I learnt so much about the partitioning of India, and the fact that the Indians were keeping better records than than the good old british Civil Service!! maggie

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 14 Dec 2004 17:41

Oh good, Thanks for the reminder. Aileen

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Dec 2004 17:43

and remember its the live webchat tonight as well on here with Anthony :-)

Daniel

Daniel Report 14 Dec 2004 20:55

nudge

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Dec 2004 08:03

Pleeeeease can someone tell me what was the outcome of the story of Vic Reeves G Grandfather - the blooming phone rang just as Vic entered the house where Simeon once lived. Linda

John

John Report 15 Dec 2004 08:31

He was a bigamist. The researchers found the daughter of one of Simeon's sons from his first marriage. She'd never heard of Vic. They met her on Merseyside.

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 15 Dec 2004 08:36

I really enjoyed tonights programe. Repeats over Christmas folks! Viv

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Dec 2004 08:39

You mean Simeon just walked out of Mary and the kids life or did he carry on seeing them behind Vic's Grandmothers back. Lin

John

John Report 15 Dec 2004 08:40

He walked out. It was the last his first family saw of him! They showed a photo of one of his son's wedding in 1927. His wife was there, he wasn't.

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 15 Dec 2004 09:17

Hi all, I really enjoyed that one. You just don't know what you are going to find do you when you delve into the past? Aileen

Bec

Bec Report 15 Dec 2004 15:31

Has anyone bought the book of the series? becx

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 15 Dec 2004 16:23

Haven't bought the book,but I have been to the local library and they have a booklet "Family History The Basics and Beyond". This booklet make interesting reading,gives quite a lot of sites. Sue