General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What's your favourite Christmas carol or hymn?

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Philip

Philip Report 9 Dec 2004 13:14

Favourites old or new, sing 'em out! Philip

Mary

Mary Report 9 Dec 2004 13:17

Oh come all ye faithful - has more than one meaning that eh? Mary

Anne from Scotland

Anne from Scotland Report 9 Dec 2004 13:19

Philip Mine is Silent Night Anne

Rosalind in Madeira

Rosalind in Madeira Report 9 Dec 2004 13:21

In the Bleak Mid Winter is mine

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Dec 2004 13:21

O Holy Night. I once accompanied the most glorious tenor singing this, and could hardly play for the tears! Moves me every time I hear it. Mandy :)

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 9 Dec 2004 13:25

Away in a manger I can still see myself at four years old, in the infants nativity play. I worked so hard to learn that song. I can still see my lovely mum picking me up from school and me singing it all the way home. Elaine (in tears now)

Lisa

Lisa Report 9 Dec 2004 14:52

i saw three ships come sailing in on christmas day om christmas day. i saw three ships come sailing in on christmas day in the morningxxxx(:

Christine2

Christine2 Report 9 Dec 2004 14:55

One more vote for Silent Night and In the bleak mid winter. Chrissie

Zoe

Zoe Report 9 Dec 2004 15:04

not sure this counts ;o\ I adore the Little Drummer boy/Peace on Earth by Crosby and Bowie makes me feel all snuggly and christmassy

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 9 Dec 2004 15:12

silent night.it always makes me think of my nan. and little donkey. when my kiddies were small i always ended up crying when i watched them sing this at school..lol soppy old mare aint i susie

Saz

Saz Report 9 Dec 2004 16:09

Silent Night for me too (and can I have The Snowman music, makes me feel so festive, lovely) Saz

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 9 Dec 2004 16:55

have trouble choosing a favourite. I like Silent night, Once in Royal David's City O Little Town of Bethlehem Mandy am I right in thinking that you do actually like O holy night and that is not the same one as Silent Night? if so, yes I like that one too. Ann Glos

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 9 Dec 2004 17:01

Silent Night :~)

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Dec 2004 17:11

Jolly ones Hark the herald angels sing God rest ye merry gentlemen O come all ye faithful Quiet ones Let all mortal flesh keep silence Silent night away in a manger In the bleak midwinter Least favourite Once in royal David's city nell

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 9 Dec 2004 18:07

I'm with Ros - In the Bleak Mid Winter - just makes me feel all seasonal! For a hymn it would have to be Abide with Me - which we had for dad's funeral as he was SUCH a footie fanatic - or Shine Jesus Shine - foot tapping!!! Maz. XX

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 9 Dec 2004 18:29

The Holly and the Ivy

Tykerose

Tykerose Report 9 Dec 2004 18:51

Another one for Silent Night Jan

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 9 Dec 2004 18:55

Another vote for In The Bleak Midwinter. Viv

Wendy

Wendy Report 9 Dec 2004 18:58

O Holy Night takes some beating.The words are beautiful.My favourite version is Aled Jones when he sings with himself as a young lad,outstanding. Wendy

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 9 Dec 2004 20:08

O Little Town of Bethlehem and for solo singing Three Kings from Eastern Lands Afar. Once when a teenager, had a really miserable December, I can't now remember why. Walked with the rest of the School to the local Church for our annual Festival of Nine lessons and Carols which as usual was really moving. We sang Oh Little Town of Bethlehem and as we came to the line "...and Christmas comes once more..." it was just as if a great weight had been lifted from me and began to feel more cheerful. It's been a favourite ever since. Rosemary(Essex)