General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Pocket or purse?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

syljo

syljo Report 19 Dec 2004 19:56

Does your husband keep his small change in a purse or in his trouser pocket. My husband keeps his in his pocket, and that is why I'm forever having to sew in new pockets! Bah! humbug. He spent too much time in Gt Britain I think as most of the men here have a purse! Sylvia xxx

Daniel

Daniel Report 19 Dec 2004 19:57

Isn't it a wallet for men?

Peter

Peter Report 19 Dec 2004 19:58

I keep mine in a purse....THE WIFES..LoL

syljo

syljo Report 19 Dec 2004 20:19

I thought a wallet was only for paper money. Is this true or false? Sylvia xxx

Bec

Bec Report 19 Dec 2004 20:20

All the men I know use either a wallet or their pockets!

John

John Report 19 Dec 2004 20:22

A wallet for notes, a purse for change.

Daniel

Daniel Report 19 Dec 2004 20:25

Must add a purse to my Christmas list then, along with some nail varnish and earings :-)

syljo

syljo Report 19 Dec 2004 20:36

Daniel, what about a handbag? Sylvia xxx

Daniel

Daniel Report 19 Dec 2004 20:39

Got one but if you really want to I'll email you my address :-)

Len

Len Report 19 Dec 2004 20:47

Hi Sylvia, Mines a combi purse/wallet, its not the change that makes the holes ,its the keys. Thought about a handbag but if I want one I can borrow the wifes, trouble is Id have to borrow the shoes to match it and she takes a smaller size, no win situation lol!!! Len in WET Gosport

syljo

syljo Report 19 Dec 2004 20:50

What a funny queer lot you are. Sylvia xxx

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 19 Dec 2004 21:21

Sylvia, You cant say Queer on 'ere, Dear.........LOL

syljo

syljo Report 20 Dec 2004 22:04

Freedom of speech Bob, isn't that queer? Sylvia xxx

syljo

syljo Report 22 Dec 2004 11:59

Most men here use a purse - haven't seen any moths flying though! Sylvia xxx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 22 Dec 2004 12:02

Husband uses wallet for paper money and pockets for keys, coins and anything else he can cram in (probably a few golf tees among the coins. Ann Glos

Jack (Sahara)

Jack (Sahara) Report 22 Dec 2004 12:14

My other half uses both pocket and wallet for coins and notes. My dad uses a wallet for notes and pockets for change. Jack x

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 22 Dec 2004 12:20

Dave uses a wallet If you said the coin bit was a purse he would say Purse !!!! What you "BEEP" "BLEEP" "BLEEPITY BLEEP" "BLEEEEEEEP ! " Elaine x :o))

syljo

syljo Report 22 Dec 2004 16:08

But.............. doesn't anybody elses's husband wear their pockets out? Or perhaps you don't mind sewing in a new one. Sylvia xxx

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Dec 2004 16:14

Husband has a wallet with sections for notes, cards etc and a poppered coin section. He keeps it in his breast pocket or his jacket pocket. I have no idea about the state of his pockets - if there are holes he can sew them up himself. I spent a long time in our early courtship explaining that my handbag was not meant as a receptacle for his things. nell

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Dec 2004 16:15

By the way I think jacket pockets are probably more robust than trouser pockets and possibly a bit more secure - I'm thinking of the inside zipped breast pockets of suit jackets etc. nell