General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

say a prayer for my gran please

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

The Mad House

The Mad House Report 20 Dec 2004 12:57

ive just had some bad news my gramp passed away last night he was very ill. im going to miss him very much & my gran is'nt taking it to well. he was in his 80's & they had been together since my gran was 16 a long time to be with someone so please say a prayer for her.

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Dec 2004 13:03

oh sweetheart - give her our love , and so sorry to hear about your gramps xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Dec 2004 13:03

Give the poor lady a chance - she's still in shock! Although this is very sad, she must be glad they had so many years together. nell

Poolmaster

Poolmaster Report 20 Dec 2004 13:06

wowee thats a long time together!! i'm sure after the initial mourning your gran will have so many happy times to reflect upon. hope she feels happier soon x

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 20 Dec 2004 13:08

God Bless Joanne,Much love to your Nan.It is such a hard time to go through.Thinking of you all and saying a very special one for you all-Hugs Rose May Angels watch over you and give you strength.

NicolaDunbyNocula

NicolaDunbyNocula Report 20 Dec 2004 13:24

I'm sorry to hear that Joanne, my thoughts are with you at this sad time. Nicola xx

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 20 Dec 2004 13:29

The same thing happened to my grandad 11 years ago He passed away leaving my wheelchair bound nan alone. They had been together for donkeys years, and we all thought nan wouldnt cope. Well she did! Alough bereaved and upset, she went on to live alone, and manage to look after herself, making the tea and getting herself dressed, all jobs grandad did. She used to place her feet on the floor and walk the wheelchair over to where she wanted to go. She went out with her old age club and life went on. You may find elderly people who lose a spouse, come to terms with death a little easier than someone who is younger. It is a sort of acceptance. Sadly (well not sad but gladly) they are now both together. Give your nan a hug from me, She will cope, she will probably surprise you all. Love to you all Elaine xx

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 20 Dec 2004 13:34

im sorry to hear your news give your nan plenty of hugs, i see your expecting a new arrival ,take care of yourself , and grandad will watch over you all

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 20 Dec 2004 13:35

i am soo sorry babes please give your nan a great big hug from me hugs and kisses susie

M&M

M&M Report 20 Dec 2004 13:37

saying a prayer for your gran and your family at this sad time god blees maureen

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 20 Dec 2004 14:07

thinking of you Grandma..... hope you get through this painful time... try and remember the smiles you had rather than the ones you will miss!!

The Mad House

The Mad House Report 20 Dec 2004 14:31

thank you all for your kind word's i will pass on your wishes to my gran she uses my pooter sometimes

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 20 Dec 2004 14:32

sending my love, and to you too! xxxx

☼♥Missy

☼♥Missy Report 20 Dec 2004 15:13

Please send her my love also Joanne. Your grandparents were together for a long time. Lorrainex ps Nice to see you back on the boards - and congrats too!

Nanna Gaynor  (June nr Preston's Daughter)

Nanna Gaynor (June nr Preston's Daughter) Report 20 Dec 2004 15:43

Ahhh Joanne..... sorry you have lost your Gramps - it doesn't matter how old they are, we are never ready to loose our loved ones. Please give you Gran my best wishes, I know it will be little comfort right now, but please pass them on all the same. Thinking of you both Sweetie - Gaynor :-) xxx

Lindy

Lindy Report 20 Dec 2004 17:41

Joanne, Sending prayers and hugs to you and your Gran. Lindyxx

Bec

Bec Report 20 Dec 2004 17:42

All I can say is I'm so sorry and my thoughts and love is with you. Becx

The Mad House

The Mad House Report 20 Dec 2004 20:23

thank you all for your kind words today ive passed them on to my gran she said your all very kind & to the person who she she would be glad they had so many year's together she said you are very right she has so many lovely memories of all the year's they were together xxxxx

Fairy

Fairy Report 20 Dec 2004 20:40

So sorry to hear about your grandad and your poor nan who must be devestated. Why do these things happen just before Christmas? You take care of yourself. Luv from one Joanne to another.X

Deb Vancouver (18665)

Deb Vancouver (18665) Report 20 Dec 2004 20:43

My thoughts are with you and your family. Deb