General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Jimmy Wont Sleep!!! (Update)

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Big Shaz

Big Shaz Report 24 Dec 2004 20:50

My youngest son Jimmy wont go to sleep.... everynight at 7pm he has his bath and by 7.30pm he is in his bed and asleep within 5mins. If he isnt in his bath by 7.15pm he tells us that he needs his bath and bed! Tonight however he will not drop off... he is yawning his little head off and his eyes are half shut but just as I crept to his bedroom door to check on him his little voice said... "dat you santa"? Awww I wish the morning would come!! Ok... he is now asleep! I thought he'd never go off! all the rest of my kids are asleep now even my 18yr old but Jimmy was the last to go off and that was only after we had taken him down to see that Santa hasnt been yet and then I lay next to him stroking his face till he went off!! Ok I'm away to do my Santa bit... :-) Shaz x

Angela

Angela Report 24 Dec 2004 20:58

Tell him that according to the American Military Tracking Station Santa is heading towards Europe and is slightly ahead of schedule. So if he doesn't drop off soon, he'll be too late and he won't get any presents. Angela

Unknown

Unknown Report 24 Dec 2004 20:58

but mammy - its christmas already in australia lol

♫ Penny €

♫ Penny € Report 24 Dec 2004 21:07

My 2 are still not asleep. Santa is in Greece now so there's not much time before he's HERE!!! Penny

♫ Penny €

♫ Penny € Report 24 Dec 2004 21:27

He's in Rome now - hope Jimmy is asleep but 2 are not yet!! Penny

Clare

Clare Report 24 Dec 2004 21:34

i've still go 3 up.my eldest asked when i was putting the presents under the tree.my 8 year old said that santa did it,he said so why has mummy got them in her wardrobe!little toad has been hunting!!!!

Clare

Clare Report 24 Dec 2004 21:47

sue, i'm leaving his presents in the wardrobe.everyone else will have theirs under the tree.teach him a lesson spoiling it for everyone else.

Julie

Julie Report 24 Dec 2004 21:49

my 2 age 7 and 4 are still awake and i need to wrap their presents help!

Clare

Clare Report 24 Dec 2004 21:55

sue,if he doesn't hurry up and go to bed i ain't going to get any under the tree.he's watching little britain,he keeps saying the computer says no! i'l give him no in a minute!

Unknown

Unknown Report 24 Dec 2004 21:59

lol Clare - computer says no!! My 16-year-old son says he will be going to bed at 11pm - thank goodness for that as I still have to wait till he's asleep to put his stocking out. Yeah - we still keep the spirit of Santa alive in our house! Shaz, is Jimmy asleep yet? Mandy :)

♫ Penny €

♫ Penny € Report 24 Dec 2004 21:59

He's in Paris at the moment - just minutes to go. One of mine down one to go. Penny

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 24 Dec 2004 22:00

Aah, remember when Daughter was that young age!, (she's now 21!).. did catch her peeking at a pressie under the tree earlier though! :) have fun tomorrow folks!

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 24 Dec 2004 22:06

I was under orders from my daughter this evening to phone the grandsons....I had to pretend to be santa..HO HO HO! and all that....Santa told them to go to sleep or he wouldnt come........asleep in no time lol

♫ Penny €

♫ Penny € Report 24 Dec 2004 22:12

Hubbys been out in the street with sleigh bells!!! Both asleep now. Let the work begin :-) Penny

♥ Katz

♥ Katz Report 24 Dec 2004 22:22

Youngest is fast asleep, eldest still awake so I'm still waiting before I can put their stockings in their rooms. Main pressies are all ready downstairs. Could do with bed myself, got a stinking cold just in time for Christmas and haven't been able to sleep properly past couple of nights. Please go to SLEEP kids, want to go to sleep myself. Kxx

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 24 Dec 2004 22:37

Reading these has taken me back over forty years. We had just moved into a large flat before Christmas - son was aged 6 dau. 8. Disaster - NO CHIMNEY. Compromise was reached - we would leave kitchen window open - all flaming night until about 2.00 a.m. we would hear a bedroom door go, feet coming down the hall, one of us would dive across the lounge into the kitchen and open the window. It was our dear son checking - then we were awakened at about 5.00 a.m. as HE HAD BEEN. We were both knackered that day. Christmas is not the same anymore - g.children are in mid to late teens - but son is here tonight insisting he still believes! He has just read this over my shoulder and indigently reminded me that he is 44 not 46!

Big Shaz

Big Shaz Report 24 Dec 2004 23:51

Hooray!!!!! HO HO HO Shhhhhhhh xx

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 24 Dec 2004 23:52

Shhh! :) he's on his way!..

Geoff

Geoff Report 25 Dec 2004 00:05

Last year the daughters set their alarm for 2.30am. They were 21 and 17!

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 25 Dec 2004 00:22

Geoff Did they think that SANTA was going to be a chunky hunky.lol Sue