General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gift swap shop

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Dec 2004 11:03

Anyone get any truly horrendous Christmas presents and would like to swap ? I have a really nasty grey acryllic shirt and a really nasty grey roll neck jumper, both very cheap and nasty.

Christine2

Christine2 Report 29 Dec 2004 11:05

Hope the givers aren't reading this Paul :)))))

Lucky

Lucky Report 29 Dec 2004 11:05

According to the paper there are many more - on eBay.

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Dec 2004 11:10

lol no I don't think my Brother has ever touched a computer ! I know "it's the thought that counts", but every year I ask him not to buy me clothing (as he has no taste lol) and every year he does !

Christine2

Christine2 Report 29 Dec 2004 11:15

Perhaps you could try bying him something really trendy and see if it improves his taste :))))

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Dec 2004 11:17

well I alway buy him something nice ! I bought him a really nice jumper from Next, which he wore on Christmas Day, so I know he liked it. I think there's just no hope for him lol

Christine2

Christine2 Report 29 Dec 2004 11:20

Sounds like it's back to e-bay then Paul :)))

Mags

Mags Report 29 Dec 2004 11:21

Paul - you make those things sound sooo attractive - I bet people will be queueing up to swap!! LOL Mind you would gladly swap for one of my husband's presents - an upright band saw thing (can't be bothered to go and look to see what it's actually called!) - constantly cutting walnuts in half is just a bit too much!! Hope you enjoyed Christmas! Magsxx

Christine2

Christine2 Report 29 Dec 2004 11:24

Mags. I was just wondering if I have got anything to swap with you as our nutcrackers broke over Christmas and the frustration of having nuts that I can't get at is proving too much :))))

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Dec 2004 11:26

Christmas was lovely thanks Mags

Mags

Mags Report 29 Dec 2004 11:33

Glad about that Paul! - mine was pretty good too xx Chrissie - As long as it's not for another 'boy's toy' - I'll try and sneak it out!.....even a tea towel is starting to look good!....Or you could just borrow my husband - he cracks them in his hand!.....SOOOOOO - HE DOESN'T REALLY NEED THE SAW THEN!!!....BACK IN A MO!

Christine2

Christine2 Report 29 Dec 2004 11:51

Paul - glad you had a nice Christmas - hope you don't mind if I borrow your thread to reply to Mags. Mags - Would't be able to smuggle one of his "boys toys" away anyway, he would notice immediately:)) I did get a British Medical Association A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia if your interested. It's very heavy though, when I went to pick it up I strained my back LOL :)))))

Joy

Joy Report 29 Dec 2004 22:49

Nothing to swap. Sorry. :) Joy

Joy

Joy Report 29 Dec 2004 22:50

I meant because I had lovely presents!! Joy

Gypsy

Gypsy Report 29 Dec 2004 22:53

Not me, but my brother in laws girlfriend who is 19, was given by my father in law, a tissue box holder/cover!! He even asked if she had one already! Sorry if anyone has one, But she is only young! pat

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Dec 2004 22:55

I don't have anything to swap either, we're only a small family so we tend to pass messages to each other about what the others would like! Hubby got one duplicate gift which was a shame, as it's not naff either! Paul - nice to see you back - yeeeuck, grey acrylic! Glad you had a nice time though! Chrissie - I've got that book! But not for Christmas. We laughed at the time, saying that if we were fit before, we'd soon have an injury picking the book up lol! Huge isn't it? Have you heard from your daughter yet? Thinking of you. Mandy :)

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 29 Dec 2004 23:02

Does anyone want a burgandy photo album?? Gets me, the people who gave it to me know I have a digi camera and all photo's are on CD's!! But it was from Boots with the 'green' parcel tag on it, so mine must hast have been the 'free' one!!! Oh well!!

Christine2

Christine2 Report 29 Dec 2004 23:02

Hi Mandy Glad someone else thought it was heavy (i.e if you needed to read it you couldn't pick it up LOL). No I haven't heard from my daughter yet but thanks for thinking of me. As I said, I THINK and HOPE that she is in the Dominican Republic but I just have this small niggle that I could be wrong. But I try not to be a worrier until I need to be. Chrissie x

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Dec 2004 23:04

Kim - lol! I wish people would remember to take those '3 for 2' labels off before they wrap the gifts! I had some with them on, but as they were from hubby and I got all three, I forgave him! Chrissie - take care xx

Christine2

Christine2 Report 29 Dec 2004 23:08

Mandy I forgot to mention that the reason I got the book was because he had already spent over £25 on books and tapes for me so he could buy it for £5 and couldn't resist a bargain LOL:))))) Chrissie x