General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Light A Candle

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Dec 2004 21:40

Copied from a thread by Maureen on the Records Office Board, Thanks Louise xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Dec 2004 21:40

NEW THREAD 30/12/04 GR FAMILY LIGHT A CANDLE FOR THOSE WHO DIED IN THE TSUNAMI DISASTER Dear Friend Can we please spare a couple of minutes tomorrow night at say 11.30 to light a Candle and ask for world peace in Honour of all those that died on Sunday and will still die due to the disaster. A Sri Lankan has asked if we would do this. He was lucky he survived but thousands didn't. We on GR are like a family let us show we care. Maureen

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Dec 2004 21:42

Lou I will be lighting a candle definitely at 11:30pm. I think its the least we can do. Carleen Poppy xx

♥ Katz

♥ Katz Report 30 Dec 2004 21:43

Definitely - my thoughts are constantly for those who have, who are and who will be suffering. Kxx

Fairy

Fairy Report 30 Dec 2004 22:54

John and I will light a candel too. X

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 30 Dec 2004 22:56

i will lite a candle to

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 30 Dec 2004 22:57

People in Sri Lanka have been asked not to have any sort of celebration for New Year but for the whole country to hold a candle light vigil for the night. Jacky

helenbell

helenbell Report 30 Dec 2004 23:42

I will light a candle Love Helenxx

Sheena

Sheena Report 31 Dec 2004 01:30

My in-laws are there as we speak, luckily they made it to higher ground. They are staying on to help the people of Pukhet find lost loved one's. May our prays help those be found

Bec

Bec Report 31 Dec 2004 01:32

Steedie and I are going out tomorrow night, but we will take a moment to reflect on the awful things happening in the world right now. becx

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Dec 2004 08:24

nudge

M&M

M&M Report 31 Dec 2004 12:38

michael&maureen will light a candle x

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC)

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 31 Dec 2004 12:47

I’ll be lighting two candles….. The first one is for my next door neighbours “ Tina & John ” who went out to visit their Families On the Eastern coast of India for Christmas… And now are overdue for their return… The second Candle is for my fellow Scouts from the Counties involved… Especially the Ones in Thailand… Who at this time last year hosted The World Scouts Jamboree. “ LORD……. Protect and Comfort them…” MIKE.

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 31 Dec 2004 13:26

We will add our candle-Rose

Looney_tunz

Looney_tunz Report 31 Dec 2004 13:30

THANX FOR ADDING THIS MESSAGE,I WILL DEFINATLEY BE LIGHTING A CANDLE AND SAYING A PRAYER!! LORI.X

Lily

Lily Report 31 Dec 2004 14:08

What a good idea, will do this near midnight, if I'm still up! I signed the book of condolences in Manchester Cathedral on Weds and said a prayer for everyone who has been affected. Those women who lost children, they must be nearly out of their minds............

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 31 Dec 2004 14:24

This family too will light a candle and our thoughts are with those thousands of people in this terrible disaster. All we can do is to pray for them and donate what we can afford to help them. Ann

helenbell

helenbell Report 31 Dec 2004 14:56

Nudge

Maggie in Leics

Maggie in Leics Report 31 Dec 2004 18:15

Of all the countries hit, Sri Lanka has been particularly in my thoughts after meeting a group of Girl Guides from Sri Lanka in India last year. Have heard from one that she is safe. Also thinking of friends of a friend who live in Phuket..... My candle will be shining tonight for ALL victims of the tragedy - the inner candle has not stopped shining since news of the disaster broke - brings to mind a song that we sing with the brownies and guides.. Light a little candle in my heart To shine right through the night Light a little candle in my heart To shine right through the night Light a little candle, Lord Jesus Light a little candle, Lord Jesus Light a little candle in my heart To shine right through the night.

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Dec 2004 19:29

nudge