General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Large Cardboard boxes needed URGENTLY (UPDATE*****

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Jan 2005 19:36

Hello, Yes me again, The Buddhist centre in Letchworth who are doing a collection of medication, pots, pans etc. etc. have had an overwhelming flood of goods and are now desperate for large strong cardboard boxes we have used every one that we have collected from the outlets in the area, they do not have to be new anyone in the locality can email me or deliver them to 32 High Avenue Letchworth phone 01462 641326 we now have a warehouse full of good ready to go but have much more that needs packing, we cannot get hold of any packaging companies due to the holidays. Help!!!!!!! p.s. I do not live at the centre but there are plenty of people there you can talk to or email me.

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Jan 2005 19:49

nudge

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Jan 2005 20:07

nudge

Andrea

Andrea Report 1 Jan 2005 20:14

Anthony, Have you tried your local supermakets and convenience stores ?? I don't know what else to suggest. Good luck and all the best, Andrea

Emma

Emma Report 1 Jan 2005 20:16

i JUST WANT TO SAY KEEP UP THE FANTASTIC WORK.

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 1 Jan 2005 20:19

That was my first thought too. Asda and places like it will be re-opening tomorrow and will have to re-stock shelves. It may be worth ringing around. Good luck

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 1 Jan 2005 20:41

Hi Lynn, I've got a couple of large boxes, I'll drop them in tomorrow. Viv

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 1 Jan 2005 20:59

I've got some fantastic Moving Day cardboard boxes but sadly I'm in Cornwall... (To bump up your thread, not to annoy you! Good luck!)

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Jan 2005 21:04

Hello Viv, Fantastic thanks so much if I am not at 32 knock on my door. Have exhausted all the supermarkets will try toys r us tomorrow we even raided skips this afternoon. Sleep would be good right now!! but then those out in Asia would love sleep to and that is what keeps me going, I will be dreaming of black sacks for years to come.

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Jan 2005 21:12

nudge Capital Radio Greg Edward put a shout out for me lets hope it brings some boxes in.

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 1 Jan 2005 21:16

Well done Lynn, I'll keep my fingers crossed. Viv

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Jan 2005 21:43

Tesco are keeping boxes for us but we cannot collect them until 4pm tomorrow at their request, I will be out in the industrial area sifting through skips again at this rate, it is now 9.41pm and people are still bringing items, I live opposite and spend my time folding black sacks sticking labels on and arranging delivery through doors the Centre is right opposite me so I have had good exercise backwards and forwards.

Clare

Clare Report 1 Jan 2005 22:20

Keep up the good work.I don't suppose you know of anywhere down south collecting items?i have loads of towels,bed linens,childrens clothes to donate.but as yet i haven't found anyone collecting for asia.i only really want to donate to asia as we had friends out there who have told us about the mass destruction.any info greatly received.ps i live in gloucester area but would be prepared to travel a little..clare

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Jan 2005 22:37

GOOD NEWS I hit the yellow pages again!! and contacted a removal company in Harlow who actually answered the phone and are delivering to us 200 boxes at 10am tomorrow morning, what wonderful folk are around. No doubt I will need more so put the word out. The Monk is thrilled to bits.

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 2 Jan 2005 02:00

Just nudging for the Norths Herts crowd. Sleep well Lynn, Viv PS may be an idea to sign your name when you post.

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Jan 2005 02:43

Anthony (or is it Lynn? I'm confused at this hour!), We're not near enough to be any use to you, but hubby and I have a suggestion - do you have a computer company or a company that has a big IT department near you? Only computers come in really sturdy boxes and he has donated them locally on several occasions to the Operation Christmas Child appeal. Hope this helps, and well done you for being such a fantastic volunteer. Love Mandy :)

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Jan 2005 08:45

Been up and about now for hours after a little sleep, I am pleased to say that the Community Centre at the moment is quiet, they are opposite us working non stop since Monday everyone is exhausted, I will try pc companies on Tuesday nowhere will be open again today or tomorrow. Todays task is BLACK DUSTBIN SACKS we put leaflets with them and post through letterboxes and have now run out of sacks having used over 2000. 10am I will be off to find anywhere open to scrounge them, anyone local who has any to spare can deliver them to me at 32 High Avenue make sure you ask them to be given to Lindy (Anthonys wife) anyone with a large scale printer would also be of great use for the leaflets. Off for a coffee.

Sue (Sylvia Z )

Sue (Sylvia Z ) Report 2 Jan 2005 13:32

Hello Anthony, What about your local Hospital or Nursing Home?? We get lots of deliveries in HUGE boxes!! It's worth a try. Good Luck, Sue

Brian

Brian Report 2 Jan 2005 14:10

Nudge

Brian

Brian Report 2 Jan 2005 17:07

nudge