General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help ! my mouse wont work ! it does now !

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 2 Jan 2005 17:49

hi, my pressie from my youngest son is a cordless keyboard and optical mouse. i have just put them on. the keyboard is great, but the mouse has no laser light lighting up. and before any men ask- yes i am blonde- but i have put the batteries in it.lol. should the laser light be lit all the time ? sue.from wet and windy yorkshire.

Bev

Bev Report 2 Jan 2005 17:54

is it the wheel or the ladder it is having probs with??????

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 2 Jan 2005 17:55

hi, do you mean the light underneath the mouse ? the light at the front lights up when i click or move it, but the curser on the screen does not move at all. the light underneath [the laser] will not light up at all. sue.

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Jan 2005 18:26

There was someone on here (who shall remain nameless lol) who put their batteries in upside down ........ !! Saying that, my son has a cordless keyboard and mouse - the keyboard is fantastic but the mouse is rubbish! Sorry that's no help whatsoever, just a bit of sympathy! Mandy :)

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 2 Jan 2005 18:41

Hiya Sue, Make sure firstly,the batteries are fitted correctly and in good order. Check that you have followed instructions to the letter. By that I mean that you have enabled the mouse and keyboard correctly. Finally make sure the small transmitter is plugged in correctly. All I can think of really. Baz. xx

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 2 Jan 2005 19:22

hi, thanks everyone. will go through it all again from scratch. to be honest i love the keyboard so much- i am not that bothered about the mouse. my desk is such a tip i would probably lose it anyway. this one still makes spelling mistakes though! lol sue.

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Jan 2005 19:25

Aha Sue - so you have a dyslexic mouse as well as a dyslexic keyboard lol! Good luck! Mandy :)

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 2 Jan 2005 20:23

lol mandy ! BUT should the light under the mouse be lit ????? hubby says it should- but he is usually wrong......so ? please anyone- should the laser light underneath the mouse be on or not ? sue.

Len

Len Report 2 Jan 2005 20:28

Has the cat been at it??? Len

John

John Report 2 Jan 2005 20:31

Hi Sue The light should be lit! Did you get instructions with the mouse as you may have to load it onto your PC? John

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 2 Jan 2005 20:33

hi len- no cats in my house- i have 2 rotties- so no cats in the garden either .lol. oh julia- the light under my mouse does not come on at all. looks like hubby is right ! he says if the red light is not lit under the mouse the laser is not working- so mouse well and truly kn... broken. looks like a trip to pc world in the morning. thanks julia. sue.

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 2 Jan 2005 20:46

problem solved- i banged it against the table a couple of times- in temper- it now works- sue.

Samantha

Samantha Report 2 Jan 2005 21:06

sue i did have a cordless mouse till i got new pc and minethere was a little black button under it that you have to press so that the reciever can pick the signal up i had to do it everytime i turned pc on if that is of any help

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 2 Jan 2005 21:08

mmmmm, just wondering if i should advertise on the boards that i can do house visits to fix most minor computer problems . lol sue.

Samantha

Samantha Report 2 Jan 2005 21:11

does the mouse work now?????????? samantha- west yorkshire too

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 2 Jan 2005 21:14

hi samantha- i gave it a couple of technical bangs on the desk ! must be male- it gave in and decided to work .lol. where are you, i am near dewsbury ? sue.

Samantha

Samantha Report 2 Jan 2005 21:17

not far from you i am in huddersfield

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 2 Jan 2005 21:22

hi samantha- i usually get over to hudds library about once a month. and i work in mirfield. sue.

Samantha

Samantha Report 2 Jan 2005 21:24

just been through mirfield today have an aunty that lives in ravensthorpe

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 2 Jan 2005 21:31

Sue, Samantha, does Briestfield mean any thing to you?