General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Whats the naughtiest thing you did as a child?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Emma

Emma Report 3 Jan 2005 00:00

The naughtiest thing i did was give my little brother bleach to drink in my new tea set!

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Jan 2005 00:14

well,i was about fourteen,and my cousin,who lived with us,announced that he was going to marry the local bike lol...and i told him...he thanked me with a right hook....he was right,thirty odd years later,there still married...and ime divorced lol. bryan.

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 3 Jan 2005 00:16

I suffered from under-excitement as a child and whilst on a visit to my Auntie, I told her next door neighbour that I had had a little brother who had drowned in the Canal and that I, the heroine of the story, had tried to hold him up "but nobody came" Oh, I got the thrashing of my life for that!

Emma

Emma Report 3 Jan 2005 00:17

I also pretended to take my dads tablets, i had just been given a nurses costume and wanted to go to a REAL hospital to try it out! Boy was i in trouble!

Emma

Emma Report 3 Jan 2005 00:25

DAVE, THATS A BIT LIKE A STORY MY MUM TOLD ME. When she was 9 she was left with her 2 brothers one was a toddler and one was a baby, few months old. He was in a crib and my mums parents popped out and told her never ever to pick up the baby! The curtians went up and she was too scared to pick up the baby, the neighbours saved the day. would never happen today(hopefully)

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Jan 2005 00:31

I don't recall anything particularly heinous, but my mum and I had a laugh over Christmas as she unearthed some primary school exercise books of mine. In one of them I'd written -aged about 7 -"Susan [name omitted but she was my very best friend then] is ugly and horred girl"! nell

Emma

Emma Report 3 Jan 2005 00:32

Thats gratitude eh?!!!!!!!!!

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 3 Jan 2005 01:21

Hmmm..Lets see now!! Hope my brother is not watching this space (lol ) I was watching T.V when it first came to Oz. ( Black n' White.) It was the old black and White "Robin Hood" series we got here in Oz. They were shooting arrows at the bad guys. My 5 year old brother was watching it with me. I was 6 years older than he. After the movie had finished, i said to him, wann'a play Robin Hood!!! Yup.. he said. So i took him out to our backyard ( Garden ) and stood him up against our fence. I placed a bottle on his head, and told him to stand still. I picked up the broken broom handle with the Sharp pointy end, and walked back about 10 paces, aimed, and threw. I hit him between the eyes, and disloged his teeth.( 15 stiches for him) and the thrashing of my life for me, from my father. I look back now, and thank god i didn't kill him. Both of us are in our 50s now, and i still apologise to him when we speak. O'h dear.....my poor brother. Tony Oz.

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Jan 2005 02:08

On deciding that I wanted an Omlette I used a dozen eggs and threw the eggshells over the garden wall so the old man next door got told off by his daughter as she thought he was getting senile but I got found by mum and got a thrashing from dad when she told him.

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 3 Jan 2005 02:19

I was an awful child. Cut all my brothers hair off when I was about 5, he was 3. Playing at nurses I injected him up his nose with a cocktail stick...he had to go to hospital to have it cauterised! (And to think I ended up in nursing! LOL) Painted all his toenails different colours one night, poor soul never had time to take it off in the morning and went to school and had PE. What a slagging he took! Another time, my Mum was at the shops, I had collected brambles with a friend and decided to try and make jam. Ruined every pot in the house with the burnt on mess! (surprisingly my brother turned out okay after all I did to him) LOL Christine

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 3 Jan 2005 02:21

My Mum used to keep a 'Shilling pot' It's where she saved up the shillings (old money 1/-) ready for the gas metre........ I stole some and bought some Bon bons sweets...ate the lot in one go and was as sick as a parrot......Havent touched one since and Im 55 now lol yuk yuk yuk Gerri

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 3 Jan 2005 02:23

I just hope Im not related to Christine......lol

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 3 Jan 2005 02:24

Cheers Gerri....LOL...You never know! Christine

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 3 Jan 2005 02:32

Christine...Have you always lived in Edinburgh ? Bloody hope so!......lol Gerri from the sauff ;o)

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 3 Jan 2005 02:35

Caz...are you sure it wasnt Christine in disguise? lol

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 3 Jan 2005 02:36

My brother always said there's three 6's on my head! Christine

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 3 Jan 2005 02:36

CAROL!!! ( sob ) How could you....( sob.) destroy a cricket pitch....( sob ) O'h dear..lol Tony Oz ( a Cricket lover )

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 3 Jan 2005 03:41

Just remembered another couple of naughties I got up to. Visiting my 'dead posh' Aunt when I was about nine, I went to her bathroom and was smelling all her lovely bottles of perfume and bubblebath. I dropped a glass one in the sink and it broke! I didn't know what to do so I lifted the cystern lid and put all the bits in there. Of course when I flushed the loo, there were bubbles galore. It was never mentioned so I don't know if she ever found it! Another time, afore mentioned brother and I tried to fix my dad's watch that we'd heard him say wasn't working. We couldn't get the parts back in again so we poured in some glue and shoved all the wee bits back in. Fine until he took it to a jewellers to be mended. As you can imagine, he wasn't too chuffed! Christine

syljo

syljo Report 3 Jan 2005 11:26

Organised a scrumping party with my brother and the two boys next door of my mother's friends Victoria plum tree. I knew she had gone out with my mother so we climbed over the fence and took every plum on the tree. The boys next door were sent to their rooms, but because I was a girl they never thought I'd do such a thing! I often wonder where those 'boys' are now. They were Brian and Michael Elias and their father was a taxi driver. Sylvia xxx

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 3 Jan 2005 11:47

i was never norty as a child nor am i now :-)