General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What would your name be if....

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Clairepie

Clairepie Report 3 Jan 2005 22:27

You parents named you after where you were concieved??? I'd be Lochinvar St Smith! as well as my younger siblings My older sis would be Butlins Smith!

Margaret

Margaret Report 3 Jan 2005 22:32

I've no idea, they never told me. But, I bet there would be a lot of people with the name " in the back seat of the car" LOL Margaret

*Tracy

*Tracy Report 3 Jan 2005 22:36

HI i dont know what mine would be but i had twins so one would be granvill anderson & the other avenue anderson tracy

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 3 Jan 2005 22:37

I think I'd be Roehampton Poyntz

Joanne

Joanne Report 3 Jan 2005 22:39

I don't know where I was concieved but I would have been called Woolworths Cause thats where I was born (by accident) Jo :)

Janet 693215

Janet 693215 Report 3 Jan 2005 22:40

I'd be Leyton Tocqueville.

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Jan 2005 22:40

LOL, I love Bus Shelter Bennett :))) Well I don't know what I'd be - birth father denied he was able to father children so maybe it would be Gooseberry Bush Blake! Mandy (well you gotta lol) :))

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 3 Jan 2005 22:56

Don't know about me - but I do know my daughter would be Port St. Mary and my son would be Sandown - just love islands!!! Ann

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Jan 2005 23:01

thanks dave...that has really cheered me up matey. bryan.

Fairy

Fairy Report 3 Jan 2005 23:18

Golders Green!

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 3 Jan 2005 23:50

I expected a few "Ford Consuls"..........or "Brighton Beeches"

Philip

Philip Report 4 Jan 2005 10:30

Foy Rectory Pughe-Morgan, lol! Philip

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Jan 2005 10:33

I was conceived in a small village in Italy. My mother doesn't remember the name. She and my father had been married for two and a half years and she'd had two miscarriages. The doctor advised taking her on holiday and my dad had loved Italy ever since he was stationed there in the war. They stayed in various places, but the room where I was conceived was a B&B. It had a lovely handwritten notice in Italian which my mother thought probably said something like "we hope you enjoy your stay in our beautiful village" but when she asked my father to translate it actually said "Don't spit on the floor and don't polish your boots on the bedspread!" nell

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 4 Jan 2005 10:36

Drunken Christmas Party Pickthorne!!!

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 4 Jan 2005 10:49

I was concieved in Hull as far as I know which isn't very exciting. But when Mum started with morning sickness she didn't realise she was pregnant and blamed it on the dust being caused by the alterations they were having done on the house at the time. So I'd be Brick Dust Greenley! Jeanette x

The Mad House

The Mad House Report 4 Jan 2005 19:33

mine would be on the park bench prior

Andy

Andy Report 4 Jan 2005 20:08

I'd be Milton (Road) Day! Hmmm. Milton Day sounds rather distinguished. I should learn to speak like Brian Sewell!

Andy

Andy Report 4 Jan 2005 20:16

Sue, what was wrong with the Edith?

Andy

Andy Report 4 Jan 2005 20:20

Sue, Edith, a bit iffy. But shortened to Eddy or Eady? Fine and unusual.

Andy

Andy Report 4 Jan 2005 20:22

Hah! And both our daughters would be "Chesford", the name of the road they were concieved in in Luton. Fine if they were boys!