General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Who has the biggest tree on this site?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue

Sue Report 4 Jan 2005 21:50

Just wondering..................Sue

Sue

Sue Report 4 Jan 2005 21:51

I just clicked on a name on on a posting on the Tips Board and they have 8223 in their tree! Makes my 156 seem very small LOL Sue xx

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 4 Jan 2005 21:52

we had a huge tree outside our window sue, i complained to the railways as they were responsible and 2 years later they came and cut it down half its size, i hate trees, theyre so intimidating. ha , sorry i couldnt resist

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Jan 2005 21:54

One of my names goes back to 1092 if you can believe that my own tree has only 80 but i'm working on it

Merlin

Merlin Report 4 Jan 2005 21:55

We,ve got a 50ft. Ginko Biloba Tree,Will that count... Hal.

Caroline

Caroline Report 4 Jan 2005 22:00

Hi Sue, I have 322 names on my tree at present

Sue

Sue Report 4 Jan 2005 22:02

Julie Anne My neighbour, whose garden backs on to mine, has a horse chestnut tree which must be 40ft high. Two years ago he cut most of the branches from his side, leaving our side alone. I am worried that the whole tree will come crashing down in my garden! His side has grown back a bit this year though. Hal What on earth is one of those? Sue xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Jan 2005 22:06

I know there are people on here with bigger ones than mine (trees that is, not referring to my other thread) but I do have two trees (nah-nah-na-nah-nah): Adoptive tree: 80 Birth tree: 455

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 4 Jan 2005 22:18

i was scared as when it was blowing a gale it was blowing towards the house and motorway, i told the guy on phone if it fell it would land on either my house or the motorway, also where the trains go past and smoke blows up the tree is bare , rotten bout half way up, as i say came home last year from hols and was gobsmacked to see it had been lopped. sue hope your neighbours tree falls his way as thats the side thats been cut, in true tree felling fashion ,

Sand

Sand Report 5 Jan 2005 19:39

Look the trees are walking down the hill! Sorry, went into Railway Children mode for a moment there! I just counted and, thanks to some lovely GR contacts (who turned out to be distant cousins) I've got 406--and I have some more to add when i have the time! Thank God I don't have to buy Xmas presents for them all!

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Jan 2005 19:45

I have 2222 on here, 3095 in my Personal Tree and 19,702 in the Family Forest which includes in-laws, outlaws and all their ancestors and descendants.

Luciacw

Luciacw Report 5 Jan 2005 19:45

I have 461 on family historian but still got more to add. Have only 158 on this site. Lucia :-)

Luciacw

Luciacw Report 5 Jan 2005 19:46

WOW. Grampa Jim, How long have you been researching for? Lucia :-)

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 5 Jan 2005 19:52

Granpa YOU LITTLE LIAR!!!!!! You have 2223 on here LOL

Andy

Andy Report 5 Jan 2005 19:55

Well I've got 449, all my own work. And Sue Ginko Biloba makes men stand to attention. Downstairs. Apparently!

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Jan 2005 19:57

I started this in the 1960s so about 40 years. Mind you the Family Forest is a bit of a joke because over 10,000 of the names on it are only linked to me by a single marriage. However I am happy with the 3000.

*Debbie

*Debbie Report 6 Jan 2005 00:14

I,ve got a twig LOL Debs.

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 6 Jan 2005 00:36

Hi Sue. At last count. 1,700. with many branches leading off. My own main Hull surname line, from myself here in Australia back to Essex 1620 i have a copy of every BMD entry that was recorded into the Parish books. ( plus a few will's ) and heaps of data on them. Cheers. Tony Oz

*Debbie

*Debbie Report 6 Jan 2005 01:41

Tony you little show off LOL Debs.

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~ Report 6 Jan 2005 03:02

Hal I think you have it mixed up we take Ginko Biloba for our memory I think anyway I was taking it and it gave me shocking headaches maybe you are right and my Dr.did say it increases the blood flow to the brain and we do know where most mens brains are Lol love Laraine