General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can someone tell me.......?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bernie

Bernie Report 5 Jan 2005 18:48

I have a Shih Tzu dog. His name is Jack and he is about 16 months old. He's a really loving little dog with a mischevious character however, every night around this time he goes upstairs, gets hold of his pillow and starts sucking it and padding it at the same time. He will lay there for ages sucking and padding! He has always done this and recently started to suck my quilt cover which is not very nice when I go to bed and its soaking wet, yuc! has anybody got an idea why he does this? Bernie x

Bernie

Bernie Report 5 Jan 2005 18:55

That might explain it only sometimes I hate to say he tries to have his wicked way with it!, didn't wanna mention that before as a bit embarrassed about havin a dog that constantly wants to get his lipstick out!!

Sue

Sue Report 5 Jan 2005 18:57

My cat is 13 and she still does it if she gets the chance! Her mother rejected her and she was hand reared, which is supposedly why she does it! Love her :0) Sue xx

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 5 Jan 2005 18:57

You're quite right Sue W ........ Bernie - The 'padding' you describe is how kittens and pups stimulate 'mums' milk to flow. Cats inparticular are renowned for this, and if you've ever had one sit on your lap, you'll no doubt have noticed it then - they never grow out of it. My mum had a cat who persistently sucked at his sheepskin rug - yuk! Anne in Kent

Bernie

Bernie Report 5 Jan 2005 18:59

Well that makes me feel better (& jack apparently) It's quite funny though, we will be sittin watchin TV and all of a sudden we will hear banging sounds upstairs. We know what he'd doing! I am waiting for him to come down and lightup a fag! LOL

Bernie

Bernie Report 5 Jan 2005 19:02

Thks Catwoman!! That explanation was purrrrrfect! I notice u are from Kent, wherabouts?

Bernie

Bernie Report 5 Jan 2005 19:09

PMSL xxxx

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 5 Jan 2005 19:13

Bernie :O) Snodland - you local??

Bernie

Bernie Report 5 Jan 2005 19:14

OMG Linda, hold on while I pick me self up from the floor, hehehe. I am from Broadstairs>

NicolaDunbyNocula

NicolaDunbyNocula Report 5 Jan 2005 19:18

I have just read your thread and I glad that its not just my bet that does it. My cat is nearly 5 and he does this with my kids teddies, They keep asking me what he is doing. We just say playing lol Nicola xx

Bernie

Bernie Report 5 Jan 2005 19:20

I wonder wen they start thinkin about IT! u know the S word

Bernie

Bernie Report 5 Jan 2005 19:21

sorry dave all my are spoken for!!!!!!

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 5 Jan 2005 19:22

Ours is 12 and he only began this habit some months ago - has sucked holes in the sim. lambswool blanket he has -maybe he has entered his second childhood - in human years he would be 84. Re humping, that has never stopped in spite of having him 'doctored' at the age of 6 months. Now that I do not understand. However the males in the family remind Monty at regular intervals - 'it was that wicked woman who took you to the vet'! Ann

Bernie

Bernie Report 5 Jan 2005 19:24

Blimey! my jacks only 7. Does that mean I need to get a load more quilts and teddies in stock?

Bernie

Bernie Report 5 Jan 2005 19:24

by the way thats 7 in human years

NicolaDunbyNocula

NicolaDunbyNocula Report 5 Jan 2005 19:25

Lol Bernice At least you cat goes up stairs to do it, mine does it right in front of us. If he has nothing to use he will go off find a teddy and bring it back. Swear he wants an audience pmsl Nicola xx

Bernie

Bernie Report 5 Jan 2005 19:27

I would get a shock if my cat did it in front of us as we havent got one, mines a dog!! hehehehehehe

NicolaDunbyNocula

NicolaDunbyNocula Report 5 Jan 2005 19:27

lol Meant your dog pmsl Nicola xx

Bernie

Bernie Report 5 Jan 2005 19:28

I'm defo gonna mate him soon as I fear hes gonna explode one day!

NicolaDunbyNocula

NicolaDunbyNocula Report 5 Jan 2005 19:30

Well my cat has be done, I thought he wouldn't get the urge any more. Obviously I was wrong lol lol lol lol Nicola xx