General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

somethings going on in our area tonite

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 5 Jan 2005 22:19

police helicopter up earlier and as i went to front door policeman (only looked about 19 himself) walking up the street with torch, daughter came home and said they are in a car at end of street , bit concerned as we never know whats going on,and its a fairly quiet area normally

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 5 Jan 2005 22:22

dont worry, Julie Anne, happens all the time round our way!!!!!!LOL

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 5 Jan 2005 22:23

Where abouts are you Julie Anne?? Anne in Kent x

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Jan 2005 22:28

thats really strange,cos weve had exactly the same here in south london,helicopter going around for at leasr thirty minutes,and then loads of police cars,up and down outside. bryan.

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 5 Jan 2005 22:30

just over severn bridge in wales

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 5 Jan 2005 22:30

Nothing to do with the Damilola Taylor, arrests?,if you are in wales, must be a different helicopter.(or is it cos birthday boy is on the loose?)

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Jan 2005 22:35

thats a good point bob,peckham is'nt far from here,so maybe they have more info,from the guys arrested this morning. bryan.

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 5 Jan 2005 22:38

Julie Ann, Hope its not my freinds just north of Tintern! Viv

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 5 Jan 2005 22:40

birthday boy is laying on settee waiting to go on here , maybe hes warned the coppers im putting banners up

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 5 Jan 2005 22:46

Bryan,put a senile old fart in his place, but isnt' Cilfrew in Wales? Glamorgan........ And Peckham is in London or are you at present, in London?

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Jan 2005 22:55

yes,sorry bob,my bum is currently in south london,but my heart is always in my beloved cilfrew...and ime going home for good this year...in fact maybe i can arrange to stop off at julie anne's,as i cross over the severn bridge...get the kettle on julie!! bryan.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 5 Jan 2005 22:58

Gotcha!..........fort i was orf on a bender there..........LOL Cos prior to emigrating north we lived in Nunhead, just by Peckham Rye, in fact when they were shooting " On the Buses" some of the scenes were shot in Nunhead bus garage.....

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 5 Jan 2005 23:03

kettles always on here bob, just made a brew

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 5 Jan 2005 23:04

Right ho, do you have a pint pot? please milky with one large sugar? thanks.......Er, You wouldnt have a couple of slices of toast?

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Jan 2005 23:06

wot a great programme that was...all the threads we do about our favourite sitcom,and that one is usually forgotten....but it really is one of the best ever. bryan.

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 5 Jan 2005 23:08

prgrames are not as funny as that now, too much political correctness

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 5 Jan 2005 23:10

Julie, you is right, in modern speak, the old progs wouldnt ring true............

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 5 Jan 2005 23:11

Brilliant Cemetery at Nunhead Bob! maggie

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 5 Jan 2005 23:13

Seeing the police helicopter,hearing the sirens etc,is a commonplace thing in my area,and now just don`t take any notice. Baz

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 5 Jan 2005 23:15

When we were there,between 1963-1975 the cemetery was a wildlife haven.......(although was closed to new burials unless you already had a plot,) we used to walk through on Sunday afters, after dinner with the kids and the dog.........Amazing.... None of my lott were buried there though..........LOL I believe that the BBC? did a kind of play centred on the Nunhead Cemetery,also think the Stonemason's house played a part in it...