General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do any of you know how long certs are taking at th

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawn

Dawn Report 20 Jan 2005 11:34

I'm chomping at the bit here waiting for some certificates to come. I've been given a despatch date of 30th January. I ordered them a few weeks ago. I was hoping they may come earlier than that!! Dawn

Bev

Bev Report 20 Jan 2005 11:39

I know the feeling ordered mine on the 6th Jan. still not arrived, i think the delay is due to a rise in applications following the 'who do you think you are' series, least thats what the site says!!! Bev

Dawn

Dawn Report 20 Jan 2005 11:41

Hiya Bev I think I ordered mine at about the same time.....Did they give you a date? Dawn

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 20 Jan 2005 11:42

i ordered mine on 22 dec with a despatch date of 7th jan im still waiting!! susie

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 20 Jan 2005 11:49

Ordered mine on 28th Dec.... still waiting!!

Dawn

Dawn Report 20 Jan 2005 11:49

Susie I'd chase them up if I were you!! It seems that the dates are very variable aren't they? Dawn....

Andy

Andy Report 20 Jan 2005 11:49

yeah I'm awaiting a couple at the moment as well, ordered them on 12th Jan (week yesterday) but was informed not to expect them probably until the end of the month. Judging by how long some of you have been waiting, I could be in for a long wait!

Dawn

Dawn Report 20 Jan 2005 11:50

Oh no Diana At this rate I'll be chomping right through the bit lol!! Dawn

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 20 Jan 2005 11:52

Dawn, your not kidding, it's taken me nearly 2 years to find my GGrandfather and now I've found him I can't get his marriage cert thru quick enough to get his Dad's name!! Aaaaarrrgggghhh!!

Dawn

Dawn Report 20 Jan 2005 11:53

Frustrating isn't it?!!!!!!! Dawn

~Messy

~Messy Report 20 Jan 2005 11:58

I was given a despatch date of 19 Jan - I think I ordered just after New Year. Nothing's arrived as yet, though. I'm getting impatient too - just waiting for confirmation that I'm descended from a very wealthy family !!

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Jan 2005 12:06

I ordered some on Dec 29th, one arrived last Saturday, the other arrived yesterday

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 20 Jan 2005 12:13

blimey i think i best give them a call lol the thing is,its been that long now i cant remember what ive ordered lol do i have to give them the details? susie

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Jan 2005 12:16

I always tend to forget what I've ordered too - means it's a nice surprise when they arrive lol

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 20 Jan 2005 12:19

when i ordered the last lot they only took 7 days to arrive that blooming prog has a lot to answer for lol susie

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 20 Jan 2005 17:10

Hi All I ordered one this week and there is a message on the OCS site stating that due to exceptional demand prompted by the success of 'Who do you think you are' - current estimation is 2 weeks to delivery - if you order in bulk they are distributing them individually to avoid delays. Hope this helps :O) Anne in Kent

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 20 Jan 2005 18:28

I ordered some certificates on Sunday 16th January. Due to be posted on 31st January. Rosemary(Essex)

Andy

Andy Report 28 Jan 2005 09:15

have any of those who were waiting for certs now received them or are you still waiting? Still waiting for mine, should have got them yesterday but hopefully they'll arrive soon given the extra delay factor.

Dawn

Dawn Report 28 Jan 2005 09:23

Hiya Received my certificates on Monday......They arrived on time as they were dispatched on Friday. All four certificates!! Dawn XX

Robert

Robert Report 28 Jan 2005 20:25

ordered some around 20th of jan and given despatch date of 1st feb.