General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A little news from me - if you know me!

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Is it a bird? is it a plane?

Is it a bird? is it a plane? Report 21 Jan 2005 19:09

As one or two of you might know I went to an interview for a job yesterday. Having been working in a shop lately although I'm actually an archaeologist. The news is.....

Is it a bird? is it a plane? Report 21 Jan 2005 19:11

...... at the end of the interview they offered me the job! I start 31st January!

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 21 Jan 2005 19:11

Well done & good luck Sarah ! Elaine x

Joan Palmer

Joan Palmer Report 21 Jan 2005 19:11

Congratulations Sarah. I wish you luck in your new job. Joan x

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 21 Jan 2005 19:13

Great Sarah-- I'll drink to your success on the party thread! Linda x

Natalie

Natalie Report 21 Jan 2005 19:14

Well Done Sarah Nat

Is it a bird? is it a plane? Report 21 Jan 2005 19:15

Thank you everyone! Its been a mad few days! Today ended up being my last day at work as it turned out I was owed a weeks holiday so my boss decided I should have it next week as its not easy moving from the Midlands to the Scottish borders in 1 week!

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Jan 2005 19:23

Congratulations Sarah, well done! I expect you will have a weekend of celebrations now?! May I ask what sort of thing you'll be working on? Only my son really wanted to become a palaeontologist and we had to persuade him to diversify a little! He'd be interested to hear a bit about what you do. Love Mandy :)

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Jan 2005 19:25

absolutely brilliant - what a good week on the boards for great and happy news - well done Sarah - enjoy your new job

Is it a bird? is it a plane? Report 21 Jan 2005 19:27

My real passions are roman and medieval archaeology, particularly urban sites. However the job I'm actually doing is a desk job at the county council. My job will be to look at maps and aerial photographs etc. to advise farmers what interesting features they have on their land e.g. an old woodland, an old quarry, an ancient barrow etc. so that they can apply for funding from the government to preserve features in the landscape. From what I've seen. palaeontologists usually work within universities so they're somewhat academic posts! If you want more info about archaeology in particular as a career don't hesitate to contact me though! I'd be more than happy to pass on some pointers and some useful URLs :)

Natalie

Natalie Report 21 Jan 2005 19:31

Congratulations, Sarah. I'm not surprised you got the job, as you sound very knowledgeable on these boards! Natalie

Saints Alive

Saints Alive Report 21 Jan 2005 19:36

Well done Sarah :-)

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Jan 2005 19:39

well done sarah....you hav'nt by any chance got a map of my back garden? i could do with some funding lol. bryan.

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Jan 2005 19:40

Hi Sarah Many thanks for that - just called him in to read your reply, and he would love to have some relevant website addresses please. Really grateful, thanks a lot, Mandy :)

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 22 Jan 2005 19:40

Well Done Sarah, Good Luck :)

Deanna

Deanna Report 22 Jan 2005 19:42

That is fantastic! Enjoy your new job, I'm sure you will. Deanna XX

June

June Report 22 Jan 2005 20:05

Congratulations Sarah, I hope you will be very happy in your new position. June xx

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 22 Jan 2005 20:15

congratulations lou x

Glenys the Menace!

Glenys the Menace! Report 22 Jan 2005 21:18

Congratulations, Sarah. I have a colleague who's very interested in archaeology (we don't work with fossils, only the human ones like me lol). It sounds really fascinating. Anyway, back to the jobby - good luck! Glenys x

Lisa

Lisa Report 22 Jan 2005 21:20

congratulations on the new job sarah.what does that involve is it digging up relics and items which belonged to them.if it is what a brilliant jobxxxx(: