General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How many people have you got in your tree?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Juliana

Juliana Report 24 Jan 2005 18:49

Ive got 281 at the mo and am really struggling cos mine are all over the place!!! juliana x

Kerry

Kerry Report 24 Jan 2005 19:08

Not that many...think I`m struggling to get 50 and i`ve been doing this for nearly 2years, maybe it`s a hint to give up trying to find my invisible family!!xxx

Anne

Anne Report 24 Jan 2005 19:10

l have about 25 and struggling to find more lol

Andy

Andy Report 24 Jan 2005 19:14

Oh dear. At the moment 511 and I think 110 different surnames. The oldest being 1694, but I think a little more research will take me back to 1668 and may be further. Of course all this older research is from parish records, fortunately all my people come from Middlesex, so getting to the London Metropolitan archives isn't any problem, and Bucks which is served by Aylesbury also equally accessible.

Unknown

Unknown Report 24 Jan 2005 19:17

Hi Juliana! I've got 429 people and 130 different surnames in my tree, but they're not all on the GR tree, as some people seem to object to the inclusion of families of those who have married into another family. CB >|<

Andy

Andy Report 24 Jan 2005 19:23

Yes and then in addition to the 511 I could add all the people who are currently alive, that would probably be about another 200. I have to say is a pain in the bum having two trees, one that you can upload here and the other for private consumption.

Juliana

Juliana Report 24 Jan 2005 19:26

Hiya everyone! I include everyone that has any connection, hee hee! Just in case, they lived in the same area or were close!! Its so difficult with some of them though... got them from Italy, Cornwall, Ireland, Scotland, Jamaica, Barbados, USA and possibly some from Oz!!!! Juliana Ps Kerry they will come I promise, let me know if you need a hand with anything - fresh eyes and all that!

Andy

Andy Report 24 Jan 2005 19:29

Juliana, I can see why things are so difficult for you! You don't have relations in Harrow Middlesex, do you? My great-grandfather was William Martin!

Juliana

Juliana Report 24 Jan 2005 19:34

oh possibly, hee hee - William is a 'family' name - don't think any of them were from Harrow though (I wish - would love to meet some living rellies!!) xxx

Sandra

Sandra Report 24 Jan 2005 20:12

Hi i have 1555 and growing, but they are all over the place and some are very elusive, even though their dead they hide lol sandra

JG70

JG70 Report 24 Jan 2005 20:22

I've got 1100 on here, but have more on my current tree, can't often be bothered to update on here as it takes about half an hour!! Jacquie

Juliana

Juliana Report 24 Jan 2005 20:26

how long has it taken to put together such big trees? ju xxx

The Mad House

The Mad House Report 24 Jan 2005 20:43

i have 89 people in mine & counting

Val

Val Report 24 Jan 2005 20:48

I have 140 people and 37 surnames

Joy

Joy Report 24 Jan 2005 21:10

Just over 1,000, but not on this site. Joy

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 24 Jan 2005 23:49

Have about 800 in mine but that includes everyone who is slightly connected by marriage etc, from census records etc. You'd be surprised how often those slightly related ones lead to the "real" ancestors. Don't have that many on here, only tend to put the ones that I'm 99% sure of on here. Maggy

Sandra

Sandra Report 25 Jan 2005 07:19

Juliana in answer to your question, its taken me just over a year to build the amount i have, but its been with help of contacts as well, a tree is too big to do alone, i have 1555 on here, if i add just one of my contacts it will grow to over 4000. I am working on bmd census & wills etc for all at the moment as i like to gain as much info as i can about each individual. Happy Hunting sandra

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 25 Jan 2005 07:26

I've only got 50 on here. We have so many offshoots and 2nd wives etc. that it would be far too complex to post them all so I just have enough to produce the main 18 surname links.

Juliana

Juliana Report 25 Jan 2005 08:59

thanx everyone - i wouldnt have been able to put together even HALF of my tree if it wasnt for the help of GR members! xxxx

Kym

Kym Report 25 Jan 2005 09:20

I onlt started me tree late last year and thanks to my aunty on my dads side who has been doing her tree for many years I have. 4241 people in my tree.