General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

An apology

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Jan 2005 08:01

I am not sorry for my comments last night. I felt that things had been said which were totally out of order. However I am saddened and sorry that I allowed myself to get sucked in to the argument. I hope that my friends will forgive me.

Margaret

Margaret Report 31 Jan 2005 08:05

Jim You've gone back to your old name, why? Margaret

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Jan 2005 08:10

I have decided that Electronic anonymity is too easy a way for people to hide themselves. Especially when they are out to cause trouble or be hurtful so from now on I will only be using the name I am proud to bear. Just a personal thing.

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 31 Jan 2005 08:12

are you Grampa Jim If so Thank you & (((((HUGS))))) Elaine x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 31 Jan 2005 08:52

Jim, Your friends will always forgive you. We know you wouldn't intentionally say anything to hurt anyone. Yes Elaine that is Grampa Jim. Hugs Jim Ann Glos

June

June Report 31 Jan 2005 09:09

Jim, I understand, I only just managed to stay silent ( not easy for me, lol) Take care. June xx

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 31 Jan 2005 09:22

Jim Don't know what you said, but you'll always be Granpa to me, esp when i need a shoulder to cry on, after all you did tell me your shoulders were blotting paper LOL Shelli

Joy

Joy Report 31 Jan 2005 09:25

Grampa Jim - whilst I was reading, you said nothing for which to apologise. Joy

Julie

Julie Report 31 Jan 2005 09:30

Hi Jim i was also on last night though i didn't make any comments, i also feel from what i read that you have nothing to apologize for. Take care. Julie

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Jan 2005 09:37

Thank you all, I am not apologising for the things I said, only that I lowered myself sufficiently to become involved. Thanks again, Jim

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 31 Jan 2005 09:48

hi jim i didnt see what you posted last night. but knowing you as i do,you wouldnt have said anything to upset anybody intentionally love and hugs susie

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Jan 2005 10:18

Jim, I think it's a real shame that you feel it necessary to drop the 'Grampa Jim' name. I think most sensible people would recognise that a 'fun' name doesn't necessarily mean the user is trying to hide anything. I've never known you as anything other than 'Grampa Jim' since I joined the Board last autumn. I've disagreed with you a couple of times, agreed with you at others, and laughed at your humour - 'can't afford a beauty' indeed! LoL I'm not hiding anything, and I've never indulged in personal insults on the Board. I've spoken plainly and honestly, tried to put my viewpoint across and been pilloried for it several times, but so have others, and I don't see that a 'Board War' between people who are 'sworn enemies' should affect sensible discussion or innocent banter. I'm sure the majority were horrified at the depths to which the Board plunged in recent days, but I still don't think that is a good enough reason for me to kill off the butterfly, so I shall remain CB >|< X and I hope this doesn't cause you or Dooley any offence.

helenbell

helenbell Report 31 Jan 2005 10:41

I must admit i got sucked in a bit, but i decided to go off the boards in the end but i am sooooooo happy its all over with, now we can all move on and have some fun yeeeesssss!!!!! Love to you all Helen (Bell)

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Jan 2005 10:51

Can't comment on what was said last night, as I gave up on it all mid evening, but I agree with CB's comments that just because a few people abuse the anonymity, does not mean that the rest of us shouldn't alter our id's if we wish. I can't go back to being Paul Smith - have you seen how many Paul Smith's there are on the site ?!?!?!?!

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 31 Jan 2005 10:53

Paul, Just be Paul Cheeky Smith. At least that way we will know who you are! Grampa Jim, could you consider putting Grampa at the start of your name so that people will know it is you! Jacky :-)

Joy

Joy Report 31 Jan 2005 11:10

Please be Grampa Jim again. I miss Grampa Jim ... and Dooley. :) Joy

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 31 Jan 2005 11:14

Folks We regulars who dont chop and change our names, and are well known by them. I admit, I changed my name from Elaine Farrance (in Happy Harlow) To Harlowgirl~~{Elaine x } But peeps know who I am as my name is in the title. Please Jim Change your name back to Grampa Jim THATS WHO WE KNOW YOU AS~~ and thats who you are Elaine x

Jean Durant

Jean Durant Report 31 Jan 2005 11:29

Jim, I have no idea what went on last evening as I have stayed away from the Boards for a few days as I could not stand what was going on. However, I am not complaining that was my choice. I just want to say to you that I don't care what you call yourself. You have always been a complete gentleman and I emphasise the word gentle. I know I only met you for a few minutes at the last London meet but you strike me as a thoroughly nice man and from your threads on this Board that shines through. Hoping to you meet you again on 12th Feb. Take care. Jean x.

helenbell

helenbell Report 31 Jan 2005 11:32

I have never met you, but i read your threads i agree with everyone we like having a grandpa!!!! Love Helen(Bell)xx

Abigail

Abigail Report 31 Jan 2005 11:44

I thought the tone was getting a bit fresh last night so I skipped off to the chat boards and then bribed my son to do his homework by promising chips on the seafront. I know you as Granpa Jim - don't change it, it's lovely! Abigail