General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Romantic weekends away

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 31 Jan 2005 12:45

I am thinking of booking a weekend away, maybe to Paris or somewhere...does anyone have any good advice or know of any decent/not overly expensive ways to go about it? xxx

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 31 Jan 2005 12:48

Lynda...can i book the accomodation on the same website? I just get myself sooo confused sometimes! haha xxx

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 31 Jan 2005 12:52

Steedie, Definitely give Paris a go - it's fabulous, especially at night when it is all lit up :O) Anne

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 31 Jan 2005 12:55

LOL...im trying to stop myself sooo much, was just about to order an I-pod for Aaron for Valentines...couldnt get one so thought, hey why not blow all my pay packet on him! LOL Ok thanks guys, im gonna look later.....you only live once! xxxxxxxxxx

~♥ Daisy ♥~

~♥ Daisy ♥~ Report 31 Jan 2005 12:56

Venice - every time. I got the full works, posh hotel, water taxi etc but the flights are cheap (Easyjet into Marco Polo), waterbuses run frequently and there are loads of cheapish hotels. Paris is lovely but too many cars for me. Barcelona is fantastic and easy and cheap to get around by taxi. Will tell you about Rome after half term - not really romantic as we're taking the kids. Daisy

~♥ Daisy ♥~

~♥ Daisy ♥~ Report 31 Jan 2005 12:57

Lynda - lol. Was going to offer to be a tour guide but you beat me to it!

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 31 Jan 2005 12:58

Yep - I can agree with Daisy......... Venice is fab too, and Rome is great :O)

~♥ Daisy ♥~

~♥ Daisy ♥~ Report 31 Jan 2005 13:00

Anne - any tips for Rome please?

Bec

Bec Report 31 Jan 2005 13:01

Paris is lovely. Have heard Prague is nice too? Becx

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 31 Jan 2005 13:03

Daisy.......... A good pair of walking shoes and plenty of water!! LOL Sorry hun - it was years ago and all arranged for us by a very nice Italian soldier who was dating my friend.......... Along with Rome - in 10 days we did 3 days living in a stone hut in the mountains - Venice - Sienna - Pisa and Rome....... apart from the photo's it's a dim and distant memory now lol. Anne

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 31 Jan 2005 13:04

Steedie - Check out www(.)expedia(.)co(.)uk Hotels and flights!

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 31 Jan 2005 13:04

Lynda....... He waved to me too :P lol.......

Bec

Bec Report 31 Jan 2005 13:05

When are we going honey?? becx lol

~♥ Daisy ♥~

~♥ Daisy ♥~ Report 31 Jan 2005 13:11

Anne - thanks for the tips although as I'm going in February I might need a thermos! Lynda - yes. Hubby has gone a little overboard and because we have stayed at a sister hotel in Venice, we have a good rate on rooms at the Westin Excelsior!!! Am I spoilt or what?! Anyone else coming? Love Daisy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 31 Jan 2005 13:15

Hey Lynda....... Does that mean we two are blessed then?? lol I know wot you mean - it is a lovely place! Anne

~♥ Daisy ♥~

~♥ Daisy ♥~ Report 31 Jan 2005 13:18

Okay Lynda - sounds like you're the ideal tour guide and companion. Think I'll be picking your brains for ideas on the 12th. Daisy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 31 Jan 2005 13:19

Lynda - LOL :P

~♥ Daisy ♥~

~♥ Daisy ♥~ Report 31 Jan 2005 13:27

Lovely Lynda - thanks. Daisy

~♥ Daisy ♥~

~♥ Daisy ♥~ Report 31 Jan 2005 14:17

Lynda Will definitely rebook. Our daughter's gap year placement there was also postponed so she's hoping to go later in the year armed with helpful/useful things. Looking forward to the 12th. Daisy

Natalie

Natalie Report 31 Jan 2005 14:21

Prague I am told is good and not expensive Nat