General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Is there anywhere in the world that you would like

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andy

Andy Report 31 Jan 2005 13:12

Assuming money was no object, if you like. From what I've seen, I would like to see Canada, New Zealand and South Africa. Depending on how I am financially, I may visit Canada later this year as I have friends over there, which makes it easier.

Joy

Joy Report 31 Jan 2005 13:15

Kamloops, Canada - to "tread in the footsteps" of a "distant" relative who went there nearly one hundred years ago. Dublin - where great-Granny was born. Venice. :) Joy

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Jan 2005 13:15

St Petersburg (Russia, not Florida!), Rome, Egypt, Yellowstone Park, The Grand Canyon, Alaska, Antarctica (before all the ice melts) & Tiger Island, Queensland. CB >|<

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 31 Jan 2005 13:16

It has always been a dream of mine to visit NZ.I should have dome it years ago when I would have been young enough to make a new life out there. I am planning to take my husband back to NZ to find his roots,next year as part of our Silver Wedding Celebrations.He is part Maori.-Rose

Joy

Joy Report 31 Jan 2005 13:19

... and I should like to hire a posh hotel somewhere and arrange for all the nice people on GR to have a big party together!!! :) Joy

helenbell

helenbell Report 31 Jan 2005 13:20

I want to go to Naples, i have relatives there and i would like to visit where my grandfather was born i would also like to go to Canada, New Zealand,Australia. i want to go to Scotland, Ireland and Wales i have never been to any of them!!! Love Helen(Bell)xx

Joan

Joan Report 31 Jan 2005 13:20

I'd love to visit the old wall of China and see the teraccotta army_.Doubt I'll ever make it though! Joan.

~♥ Daisy ♥~

~♥ Daisy ♥~ Report 31 Jan 2005 13:21

Andy I wouldn't know where to start! Would love to go back to Canada - loved it. Daughter just been (and returning to) South Africa. Sri Lanka - my holiday was cancelled for obvious reasons but hope to rebook soon. NZ looks and sounds fabulous. Italy - all of it!! and, being patriotic and never having been, Northumberland. Daisy Must add all the above to my Things to do before..... thread.

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 31 Jan 2005 13:34

The Grand Canyon St Petersburg South Africa New Zealand, but I don't fancy the journey!

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 31 Jan 2005 13:35

New Brunswick in Canada because some of my Ancestors lived there but I'd want a nice hotel with central heating. I dont think I could put up with what they had to cope with! Helen, Can I come?? Ive been to Napels many many times and love it Sheila

Bob

Bob Report 31 Jan 2005 13:35

Canada - My father was stationed over there during the war. New Zealand India

Andy

Andy Report 31 Jan 2005 13:37

Daisy, Start with the easiest? Northumberland? To expand on my choices, South Africa - have newly found relatives there and would love to see Table Mountain. New Zealand - no relatives there but Rotorua looks lovely. Canada - both friends and a newly found relative there, travel by train and see the Rockies

Anne

Anne Report 31 Jan 2005 13:39

So many places The Inca trail the Grand Canyon New York New Zealand Mauritius Rome Scotland Wales Valley of the Kings Bethleham China Japan Singapore Hongkong I think maybe a round the world trip would suit me lol

Joy

Joy Report 31 Jan 2005 13:40

PS Selhurst Park. :) Joy

~♥ Daisy ♥~

~♥ Daisy ♥~ Report 31 Jan 2005 13:41

Andy - see my thread! Anne - yes, all those. It's gonna be a long trip! Lol Daisy

Lisa

Lisa Report 31 Jan 2005 14:29

laplandxxxxxx):

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Jan 2005 14:58

Oh yes, Andy, I forgot. If you bring me those maps on 12th Feb, I'd also like to visit the County Durham coastal towns! LoL CB >|<

Andy

Andy Report 31 Jan 2005 15:08

CB, I think the one, which includes Stockton, also has County Durham in it as well, so you may be in luck. Andy

~♥ Daisy ♥~

~♥ Daisy ♥~ Report 31 Jan 2005 15:15

Andy - are you coming to London on the 12th? See you then! Daisy

++Maid of Kent++

++Maid of Kent++ Report 31 Jan 2005 15:19

Am achieving my lifelong ambition and visiting my Aunt and cousins in NEW ZEALAND in October. Would also love to visit JAPAN, ST.LUCIA, AMERICA, CANADA. PAM