General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I'm a Celebrity

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 1 Nov 2022 11:26

It appears Matt Hancock (MP) has signed up as a 'late arriver' for this show.
Parliament is still sitting, and he will still get his £84,144 MP's pay, plus about £350 k. A bit more than the £82,000 appearance fee Nadine Dorries (MP) got when she appeared (again during Parliamentary time) in 2012.

Hancock has had the Whip removed, for his actions. Not surprising, he won't be there to do the job! However, this doesn't mean he won't get it back when he returns.

What other job allows you to b*gger off during a time of crisis, still get paid, and get a lovely wodge of money??

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 1 Nov 2022 11:54

He’ll either be voted off straight away or he will be voted into all the worst bush Tucker trial until almost the end.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Nov 2022 12:08

Just about suits his mentality.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 1 Nov 2022 12:46

The public will be voting him to do all the trials. I cant imagine him doing very well in there at all. Well and truly out of his comfort zone.

Mike Tindall is a survivor and I think he will do well and also; he won't be spilling Royal secrets either. Boy George! hmmm obviously his career and popularity is flagging hence he must be desperate for money. Hope he leaves those ridiculous hats at home.

Fwiw, I agree Maggie. Why should Matt Hancock still get paid whilst he is in the jungle? It's unpaid leave, isn't it?

No other job pays you to take a sabbatical, does it?

The lady that plays Eileen Grimshaw in Corrie looks an unlikely candidate too!

Didn't they have Bo Jo's dad Stanley in the jungle a few years ago too?

Florence in the hebrides

Island

Island Report 1 Nov 2022 13:32

Mike Tindall? I thought he'd have more self respect.

Matt Hancock, ugh, he's bound to get all the trials. He's just a wannabe tv star now.

Any sign of Reesty Moggie? He'll be looking for easy money.

It will not be gracing my living room.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Nov 2022 14:08

I never watch it.

Von

Von Report 1 Nov 2022 14:17

At least it’s one less vote that the government have in parliament :-D :-D

Island

Island Report 1 Nov 2022 14:21

not even from behind the sofa Ann? :-D :-D
My stepson phoned me this morning to say "I fort I'd better let you know that I'm a Celebrity starts on Sunday" :-D <3 I thanked him most kindly :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 1 Nov 2022 14:27

Too true, Von!

I wonder if he'll be excused some trials on (imaginary) medical grounds?

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 1 Nov 2022 14:49

Maybe he is desperate for money. He must be paying for his kids And his new partner - expensive?

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 2 Nov 2022 17:03

Oh, so it appears Hancock has 'trench foot', that he acquired whilst on Celebrity 'Who Dares, Wins', in October, and it can, apparently take 6 months to get better.
So that's his excuse to avoid any water-based challenges.

Island

Island Report 2 Nov 2022 17:09

Hancock is just a 'bums on seats' casting. :-\

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 2 Nov 2022 17:25

True.
But still, if I heard he'd done anything interesting on the programme, I'd watch it on 'catch up'.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 2 Nov 2022 17:47

And he is not in it for the money...................... ;-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 2 Nov 2022 18:29

Oh no, it's to 'communicate' with the viewers, and to promote his dyslexia campaign.

Have to admit, I've never heard of his dyslexia campaign.
Apparently, the first reading of his Bill to ensure primary school children are screened, went through in March.
He did twitter about it, but I' not a member of the twitterati.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 2 Nov 2022 18:52

I think he also plans to bring politics to the masses, those that get their information on programmes like good morning Britain and Loose Women

Probably enough to send the other camp mates screaming for the exit.

I don’t know if I made this up because I now can’t find it, but I think I read that he would be contactable if the was a constituency problem :-S. Has he never watched the programme?

Also, with trench foot, how has he passed the medical?

Florence61

Florence61 Report 2 Nov 2022 19:06

I thought it was celebrities that went in the jungle?? ;-) ;-) ;-)

Since when did he become a celebrity or have i missed something? :-S

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 2 Nov 2022 19:36

At least most people will have heard of him, unlike several of the other camp mates

Allan

Allan Report 2 Nov 2022 21:19

I suppose that Boy George could really be described as a 'camp' mate

Florence61

Florence61 Report 2 Nov 2022 23:23

:-D :-D :-D :-D Oh def "Camp"
Wonder what he will look like without the silly hats and makeup? :-D :-D