General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thursday

Page 0 + 1 of 8

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 15 Sep 2022 10:12

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

There was a nip in the air this morning.... Autumn is on the way :-(

Hugs for them that need em <3 <3

Fly

Fly Report 15 Sep 2022 10:17

Morning Belle :-D <3 <3

It was rather chilly earlier :-0 just off to take Fly out again :-D

Fly

Fly Report 15 Sep 2022 10:20

Ann I am fine thank you <3 <3

Von

Von Report 15 Sep 2022 11:57

Morning all :-D <3

I’m slow getting going this morning. ;-)

Take care <3

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 15 Sep 2022 12:16

Afternoon Belle, Fly and Von. <3 :-D

In contrast to you, Von, I was up and out before 9 but I guess you, Belle and Fly, were out earlier than that.

Had coffee with chums before shopping. We talked about that Baroness on GB News this morning who claimed she was a republican but who was happy to keep her title and who, seemingly gleefully, told everyone watching that being a member of the House of Lords she could view the Queen’s coffin without having to join the queue.

True republicans may have something to say about double standards. Foot-in-mouth disease, I’d say.

Sunny here so only needed a cardie to sling over meT-short when I went out.

Enjoy your day all. <3 :-D

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 15 Sep 2022 12:45

Afternoon Everyone :-D <3 <3

I got out early this morning to get a few bits and bobs. :-)

I am giving myself a bit of a rest today. I walked for miles over the last couple of days. I have been used to wearing sandals for the last few months, and I have worn trainers for the two days................and they rubbed! :-( :-(

I have been sitting with my feet in a bowl of warm water. Poor old girl. :-D :-D

Von

Von Report 15 Sep 2022 12:55

Maddie <3

I share your pain. Legs aren’t quite doing what I want ;-) ;-)

~~~~~~~ to Joy. Don’t get me started on double standards ;-) ;-)

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 15 Sep 2022 13:11

Poor old Maddie. ;-) <3 :-D

No longer a spring chicken eh, (says she with tongue in cheek). :-D

Von, it sticks in the craw - especially when she said online that she as good as accepted the peerage because it would help her to help others. She probably meant using her title but that £300+ per day (even if you only show your face for an hour) has not, to my knowledge, been given to any charity.

What baloney and bull-dust!!!

It’s an insult to republicanism as well as to monarchy, in my opinion.

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 15 Sep 2022 14:04

Afternoon everyone :-D <3 <3

The wind here has finally blown the clouds away…so we now have blue skies…hoping me washing is going to dry :-D :-D

I had to borrow his card again this morning to shop on Amazon :-D :-D :-D

Am going to cause trouble on FB now….cos me life is so dull :-D :-D

Fly….ain’t you going to tell us who was on the phone last night…you know Belle hates to be kept in the dark…her being of the I need to know clan :-D :-D

Joy…let’s us not forget the subsidized bar and lunch menu on top of the £300+ attendance payment….whilst we have to fight for free school meals
:-| :-|

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 15 Sep 2022 15:10

Trouble! You, Ann! I don't believe it! :-D :-D :-D

Just going to make a coffee. Ann, I am spoilt for choice for cakes! :-D

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 15 Sep 2022 16:52

Don’t mention cake…am going to do my Tesco order in a while :-D :-D

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 15 Sep 2022 18:13

Oooh Joy, you are getting saucy! A bit of respect for your elders if you please. :-D :-D ;-)

My legs are not the problem, I can walk for ages, and at speed too, but not when I have blisters on my feet. :-D :-D

I went out very heavily plastered up this morning. :-( :-(

Went to Sparkles this morning, the Christmas bikkies are in, in the stag tins. Also the bikkies in the light up lanterns.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 15 Sep 2022 18:25

Evening everyone :-)

School again today..just for the morning.
I set off wearing a cardi, but was soon too warm as it's still quite mild in the south.

Maddie, I saw the Christmas lantern tins in Canterbury at the weekend. They've got hot chocolate ones this year too.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 15 Sep 2022 18:50

Thank you Maddie. :-D :-D :-D

I have never seen the bikkies in the light-up lantern tins. Are they worth it or ….. ?

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 15 Sep 2022 18:57

Evening Gwyn and Joy :-D :-D <3 <3

I think the lanterns are pretty. I bought one last year. They come in gold, silver and copper colours. Dont quote me, but I believe they are £4 and £6 for chocolate and bikkies respectively. :-)

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 15 Sep 2022 18:58

I’ll saunter up tomorrow and see if they’re in our local M & S, thank you Maddie.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 15 Sep 2022 19:01

See the word Google is black print at the moment.

Fly

Fly Report 15 Sep 2022 19:05

Evening Joy :-D <3

Maddie what were you doing getting plastered at that time in a morning :-0 :-0 :-0

~~~~~~~~ Gwyn :-D <3

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 15 Sep 2022 19:08

Pleasure Joy. Ask me or Ann, we are the Sparkles hexperts. ;-) ;-)

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 15 Sep 2022 19:10

Evening Fly :-D <3

Trying to stop meself from hobbling along. I have some of those blister plasters, they do work, but I ripped them off as soon as I got home.