General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sat here now

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tawny

Tawny Report 1 Mar 2022 03:47

Waiting for an ambulance as Mr Owl cannot get out of bed. He says it feels like his legs are in a vice.

I phoned NHS111 at 3am and after lots of questions here we are.

Tawny

Tawny Report 1 Mar 2022 04:04

Ambulance has “kidnapped” him now according to them but no extra people allowed in A & E at the moment so I’m at home watching tv.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 1 Mar 2022 06:35

So sorry to hear about Mr Owl, Tawny......I do hope they can get to the bottom of this very quickly <3

Waiting to hear from the hospital can feel that it is taking forever..... hopefully you'll hear something soon <3

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 1 Mar 2022 07:31

So sorry Tawny, hope all gets sorted soon. Keep us up to date.

Mr Owl <3 Tawny <3

Tawny

Tawny Report 1 Mar 2022 08:44

Thank you both. He’s just messaged me and said he’s spoken to the doctor now and the only thing offering him relief at the moment is gas and air. I imagine they will x-ray his back to see what damage he’s done.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 1 Mar 2022 08:49

At least you have heard from Mr Owl, Tawny <3

Did Mr Owl do something to injury his back, Tawny :-0 <3

Tawny

Tawny Report 1 Mar 2022 09:15

He’s not sure. Mr Owl is a building inspector so he spends half his time up ladders in peoples lofts. He wasn’t aware of doing anything but you never know. Given he was talking of pain and numbness in his foot my best guess would be he’s damaged his sciatic nerve but I’m not a medical professional.

He’s going for an MRI scan now.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 1 Mar 2022 09:26

Hopefully the MRI Scan will be able to find the problem ...fingers crossed <3

Tawny

Tawny Report 1 Mar 2022 09:34

Thank you Belle <3

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 1 Mar 2022 10:33

Oh dear, Tawny, not the way you want to start this month. I hope the scan will show the problem and things can be resolved.

Will be thinking of you both

Lizxx

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 1 Mar 2022 11:30

Hoping that Mr Owl can soon be helped to overcome this problem and will feel so much better.

Thinking of you as you wait for news <3

Tawny

Tawny Report 1 Mar 2022 12:03

Thank you Liz and Gwyn <3 <3

Still waiting for official confirmation but the doctor suspects Cauda Equina. The MRI will confirm it.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 1 Mar 2022 12:50

I hope Mr Owl can have his problem diagnosed quickly and any necessary treatment carried out promptly. Thinking of you both as you wait to hear <3

Tawny

Tawny Report 1 Mar 2022 13:17

Thank you SuffolkVera <3

Florence61

Florence61 Report 1 Mar 2022 13:22

Aw thinking of you and Mr Owl. Hope its a trapped nerve that will sort itself out soon. Hoping the MRI will show what's happened.

Sending you big hugs <3

Florence in the hebrides

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 1 Mar 2022 13:35

I feel for him, Tawny, having experienced similar several years ago.

I hope he’s not too long off his feet and soon back to work with a bounce in his step.

Tawny

Tawny Report 1 Mar 2022 13:42

Thank you Florence and JoyLouise <3 <3

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 1 Mar 2022 13:58

Sorry to hear that and I hope he is sorted out soon.x.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Mar 2022 14:14

Poor Mr Owl, so sorry he is in so much pain Twney, Hope the hospital can sort it. Certainly sounds like a trapped nerve, if so hope it can be helped to free and that he will soon be back able to climb his ladders again. Meanwhile it is worrying for you waiting at home. So I hope you hear from him again soon. <3

Tawny

Tawny Report 1 Mar 2022 14:33

Thank you ZZzzz and Ann <3 <3