General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Striking Saturday

Page 0 + 1 of 6

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 24 Jul 2021 09:22

:-0 :-D :-D :-D :-S :-D :-D :-D

It's been raining since six but looks like it might be brightening up now :-0 :-D

Walkies was curtailed by lightening and thunder... fortunately someone saw the lightening and I managed to get Ralphie on the lead before the thunder :-0.

Hugs for them that need em <3 <3

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 24 Jul 2021 09:29

Morning Belle :-)

I hope Ralphie was not too upset being out in that weather.

All quiet here and now brightening after a damp start.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 24 Jul 2021 09:29

Morning Belle and Gwyn. <3 :-D

No rain or thunder here … yet! It is cooler but still warm enough to sit here in the kitchen with the door ajar. I am having morning coffee and biscuits having been woken around 5.30 by something. :-|

You moved pretty quick-smart with Ralphie, bless him. <3

Fly

Fly Report 24 Jul 2021 10:07

Morning Belle :-D <3 Gwyn :-D <3 Joy :-D <3

Von

Von Report 24 Jul 2021 10:07

Morning all :-D <3

Much cooler here today. I may even be able to get on and do something ;-) ;-) ;-)

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 24 Jul 2021 10:20

Morning Fly and Von. <3 :-D

OH’s bestie has covid - and he’s had two jabs. :-0

Gawd, makes you want to lock down again! :-0 :-S

Fly

Fly Report 24 Jul 2021 10:49

Morning Von :-D <3

:-( :-( :-( Morning Joy :-D <3

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 24 Jul 2021 10:56

Full of good cheer ain’t I. :-(

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 24 Jul 2021 10:58

Just overcast here, no rain. My poor daughter is camping this weekend with her family. They are at a three day children’s festival on the south coast. The thunderstorms started about 5am. It is passing over now, but the forecast for tomorrow looks horrendous. It is such a shame as they had booked lots of outdoor act for the children

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 24 Jul 2021 11:00

Morning Gwyn, Joy, Fly & Von <3 <3 <3 <3 :-D :-D :-D :-D

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 24 Jul 2021 11:03

Sorry to hear about OH's bestie, Joy... hopefully the vaccines will do the trick to stop him being hospitalised <3 <3

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 24 Jul 2021 11:05

Oooooo you snucked in Linda <3 :-D

I hope the festival won't be a complete wash out for your daughter's family :-( <3

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 24 Jul 2021 11:10

Morning everyone :-D :-D <3 <3

Overcast and much cooler here but still got the back door open to try to cool the house down.

I may even make a start on the mountain of ironing I've built up since it's been so warm.

Joy - I hope your OH hasn't been a contact of his friend so that he has to self isolate too. Hopefully his friend is not too poorly. My friend said her covid was just like a really bad bout of 'flu once the first couple of days were past so hopefully the double jab is working.

Kath. x

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 24 Jul 2021 12:38

Afternoon :-D :-D <3 <3

Joy I hope OH's bestie has something similar to this.

One of my family history group and his wife have had both of their vaccinations. Their son only had one of his injections and came out to see his parents from UK. He got here and within hours became ill. He was ill with Covid for 1 week, his father had flu like symptoms for 2 days and is now well and his mother didn't get it at all. The vaccinations helped them.

Von

Von Report 24 Jul 2021 13:19

Joy sorry to hear about OHs bestie. Hope they get better soon. <3

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 24 Jul 2021 14:34

Afternoon all. <3 :-D

They took OH’s bestie into hospital for a few days but he came out yesterday and is staying in at home because he still feels ropey.

He is lucky because he is well over 80.

Since March 2020, neither OH nor he have got any closer than an occasional safe-distanced chat in the garden or on the drive, fortunately. :-D

When my sis, her OH, and her Dtr caught it at Christmas none of them had been jabbed. Although none of them ended up in hospital, sis says it is the worst thing she’s ever had.

I think I’ve already written on here that my son who has regular tests has twice shown antibodies last year. He has no idea when he has contracted it because he has never suffered from any symptoms whatsoever. It just affects people differently - something in the body’s make-up I think.

We are playing it safe here.

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 24 Jul 2021 14:49

Good Afternoon Everyone :-D :-D :-D <3 <3 <3

Darkly overcast here and very humid but no rain as yet!

Hope Ralphie wasn't too upset by the weather, Belle <3

Sorry to here about your OH's friend Joy. Hope he'll be ok <3

Sorry about your family's camping trip Linda <3

(((((Hugs))))) for those who need them <3

Have a good day everyone <3

Fly

Fly Report 24 Jul 2021 19:10

Evening :-D

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 24 Jul 2021 19:11

Evening :-D :-D <3 <3

Fly