General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Soaking Sunday

Page 0 + 1 of 9

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 4 Jul 2021 09:46

:-( :-( :-D :-D <3 :-D :-D <3 :-D :-D

Pat, I think you could do with some of this rain just seen the wildfires on Cyprus :-0 :-0 I hope they are not near you....stay safe <3

The sun has just made an appearance :-D

Hugs for them that need em <3 <3

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 4 Jul 2021 10:21

We had lots of rain overnight, which is good for the garden, but it is fine this morning. There was a fair amount of lightning, but only one loud thunder clap to go with it

Von

Von Report 4 Jul 2021 10:43

Morning all :-D <3

Rain overnight but dry now and quite warm :-D

Have a good day everyone <3

Fly

Fly Report 4 Jul 2021 10:47

Morning Belle :-D <3

Morning Linda :-D <3

The thunder storm lasted about an hour here last night :-0 then rumbled on for another hour :-| I did hear all the shouting and cheering from the pub above the thunder though :-D

Fly

Fly Report 4 Jul 2021 10:47

Morning Von :-D <3

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 4 Jul 2021 11:02

Morning Belle, Linda, Von and Fly,

Dry here so far, but I'm guessing not for long.

So good to be back online again!

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 4 Jul 2021 11:15

Morning Linda, Von, Fly & Gwyn <3 <3 <3 <3 :-D :-D :-D :-D

It's brightening up here now :-D

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 4 Jul 2021 11:18

Gwyn, it's good to have you back :-D.

It must have been awful to be offline for so long :-0 For me it be like having my right hand cut off :-0 :-(

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 4 Jul 2021 11:19

Fly, that was me :-D :-D

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 4 Jul 2021 11:26

Afternoon :-D :-D <3 <3

We are fine Belle, thank you <3

Fire started at Arakapas in the hills, difficult terrain. The strong winds of yesterday didn't help.

If you look where Arakapas is, then find RAF Akrotiri (we live not far away) you'll see we are quite a distance from there and near the sea. The wind is down to a breeze here today so I hope it's the same in the hills.

We are waiting an update but planes and emergency crews from the EU and Israel are due to be here now/soon. Every firefighter on the island was mobilised yesterday and pleas for volunteers went out yesterday. 4 people have died and it has a 35 Km perimeter, that's about 22 miles.

A 67 yr old man has been arrested as he was seen burning weeds in fields at Arakapas just before the fire spread. Tinder dry and windy conditions. :-S

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 4 Jul 2021 11:46

Good morning Belle, Linda, Von, Fly, Gwyn and Pat. <3 :-D

Phew, you could say that the gang's here (almost!).

Bootiful here. Sitting at the computer in a very loose linen dress and the window open to let in a lovely breeze. There's a footy match in progress at the park. I can hear all but only see a small section of the pitch.

Having coffee with Dtr soon.

Pat, can you smell the fire - we always could from miles away and the smoke drifted for miles too. Stay safe and alert, Pat.

Have a wonderful day gang. <3 :-D

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 4 Jul 2021 11:51

Good Morning Everyone :-D :-D :-D <3 <3 <3

It's miserable here today. Heavy grey clouds and rain. But I don't think we've had thunder or lightning as yet.

Glad you are safe Pat <3

Good to see you back on line Gwyn <3

Have a good day Everyone <3

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 4 Jul 2021 11:52

Good morning Jem. <3 :-D

Are you hoarse? ;-)

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 4 Jul 2021 11:56

Just a little Joy :-D <3

I bet your legs had a good work-out Joy ;-)

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 4 Jul 2021 12:01

No, Jem, I am quite a lazy person when I'm not dancing. I can sit for England! (And I did yesterday.) :-D

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 4 Jul 2021 12:01

:-D :-D :-D

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 4 Jul 2021 12:17

Afternoon all :-)

Keep safe Pat. So awful what is happening to that lovely island.
I was trying to work out quite where the trouble is, in relation to you, so thank you for explaining.
Let's hope the combined efforts can get the situation under control.

Belle,
I realise how much I rely on lap-top to keep up with news.

All data has not been transferred yet, but has been retrieved, so that can happen 'as and when' as long as i'm back online.

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 4 Jul 2021 13:01

Afternoon all :-D <3

Warm sunny day here at times cloudy also :-D

Stay safe Pat <3

Von

Von Report 4 Jul 2021 13:06

Stay safe Pat <3

Good to see you back Gwyn. <3

Like Belle I’d be lost without my computer but fortunately I have backup ;-) ;-) ;-)

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 4 Jul 2021 14:40

Afternoon everyone :-D :-D <3 <3

Tis very humid here…had a few heavy showers and I can now here thunder not too far away :-0 :-0 :-0

Was just reading about the fires Pat…awful. Glad you are well away from them <3 <3

Welcome to the land of the living again Gwyn :-D <3

Anyone heard from Island and MG :-( :-(