General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Oh what a beautiful Wednesday

Page 0 + 1 of 7

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 31 Mar 2021 08:14

:-D :-D :-D <3 <3 <3 :-D :-D :-D <3 <3 <3 :-D :-D :-D

... carrying on with Belle's theme from yesterday .....

Good morning ladies and gentlemen. <3 :-D

It's promising to be a beaut day here. :-D

Belle <3 <3 <3

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 31 Mar 2021 08:19

Morning Joy <3 :-D

Oh what a beautiful day, I have a beautiful feeling everything's going my way.................... :-)

Have a lovely day everyone.

Belle <3 <3

Island <3 <3

Mersey <3 <3

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 31 Mar 2021 08:27

Spent a lot of yesterday pottering in the garden. We have at least three sets of birds nesting in our garden but OH is trying to prevent the pair of collared doves from building a nest as our patio gets so messy. :-|

Sitting at the breakfast table with back door open and listening to the lovely birdsong which doesn't half lift the spirits. <3 :-D

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 31 Mar 2021 08:50

Sounds lovely Joy. :-)

We have a tree in the back garden which greenfinches have taken over this year. Lots of twittering. But they are so pretty.

Saw a tree down the road yesterday with parakeets in it. Now that was a lot of noise!

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 31 Mar 2021 08:55

Parakeets! I would love to have them in our garden. :-D

We have blackbirds nesting and bluetits in one of the nesting boxes but it's the collared doves that get right up OH's nose cos he hates the mess they make. :-0

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 31 Mar 2021 09:01

There are quite a few parakeets Joy!

They are mainly in the Parks, but quite a few venture forth, and 'chat' with each other!

Beautiful birds, mainly green, with red beaks. Colourful, but noisy. :-D :-D

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 31 Mar 2021 09:13

Good morning :-) <3 <3

A truly beautiful morning here too.

The bird sound predominant around here is of amorous seagulls, as they compete for the best flat roof for nesting spots.
They are so noisy, territorial ...and messy too.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 31 Mar 2021 09:29

OH tells me that around London there are more than 20,000 parakeets, at one time the largest population outside Australia.

I do remember getting used to kookaburras when we lived there but, funnily enough, I didn't recall hearing parakeets calling until OH told me to think of rosellas and other species.

You can see my knowledge of wildlife is nowhere near as good as OH's.

I am usually a very early riser and many mornings recently, while I have been sitting at the breakfast table in the kitchen a blaclbird has come to sit on the step of our patio door. He/she (I have no idea) lands, hops onto the step, takes a look at me inside then turns his back and sits for a while looking out over the garden. It may be territorially-minded. :-S

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 31 Mar 2021 09:43

..... and now, after his morning stroll around his kingdom, OH tells me that we seem to have a baby hedgehog in the garden again, judging from the droppings on his almost-pristine lawn. :-D

Dermot

Dermot Report 31 Mar 2021 10:09

A lovely ramble this early morning along Seaton's beautiful beach. Calm sea gently lapping the shore - Heaven on earth.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 31 Mar 2021 10:24

Seaton, Dermot! Not far from where my aunt lived. I remember taking the back road to Seaton, down Cat hole Lane more years ago than I care to remember! :-D

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 31 Mar 2021 10:27

A rather sad discovery!

You may remember that frog who sat for ages outside one of our back windows? He was still there when I went to bed near to midnight but had disappeared the next morning.

OH has just cleaned out behind the BBQ and among the dead leaves there was a dead frog. He must have been ill and I never knew. <3

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 31 Mar 2021 10:40

Morning Joy, Maddie, Gwyn & Dermie <3 <3 <3 <3 :-D :-D :-D :-D

A bit hazy here but the temp is great :-D

The parakeets are noisy little bu@@ers :-0 :-0

Ralphie walked and Click collected :-D

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 31 Mar 2021 10:42

Aww Joy it did seem to be on your patio for an awfully long time <3

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 31 Mar 2021 11:01

Morning Belle :-)

Special thoughts for you today <3

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 31 Mar 2021 11:04

Does he carry the goods home, Belle? ;-)

Off to dance - wiv me Easter Bonnet on today. :-D

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 31 Mar 2021 11:24

Thank you Gwyn and to everyone else for their kind thoughts too <3 <3

Fly

Fly Report 31 Mar 2021 11:36

Morning Joy :-D <3 Maddie :-D <3 Gwyn :-D <3 Dermot :-D <3 Belle <3 <3

Sunny here :-D Just saying ;-) Shopping done :-D

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 31 Mar 2021 12:37

Sunny here too Fly. <3 :-D

Expecting Sainsburys around teatime with a lot of gluten-free stuff for K. :-D