General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

All Gone

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 19 Oct 2020 16:12

I was having such fun with that thread too.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 19 Oct 2020 16:22

How do you know it is you she meant?

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 19 Oct 2020 17:45

ah well, RR'ing starts again!

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 19 Oct 2020 18:50

Anonymous reporting is so petty. I know there are occasions when it is important to be anonymous but surely those are rare.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 19 Oct 2020 18:56

Agree! :-D

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 19 Oct 2020 18:59

I don’t remember exactly what he said in the one that was RRd but I don’t think it was worthy of an RR.

Sharron

Sharron Report 19 Oct 2020 19:00

Should I RR that post for being gobbledegook?

Sharron

Sharron Report 19 Oct 2020 19:03

Sharron. Pleased to meet you.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 19 Oct 2020 19:06

Children, children - it’’s passed your bedtimes.

Caroline

Caroline Report 19 Oct 2020 19:10

Yawn!.....come on RRing for nothing and name-calling what is this kindergarten?

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 19 Oct 2020 19:18

RTR, you come out with conjecture, then you surmise, and finally presume.

Who deleted the other thread then - you know, the one you started, and speculate Sharron's comment was about?
Well, it could only have been you.
Why?

Caroline

Caroline Report 19 Oct 2020 20:18

Ah the never answered question......why???

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 19 Oct 2020 21:12

Please explain why you called it Spirals, then, as you "would be surprised if anybody even knew why it was called Spirals", I mean, we may have an idea, but it's probably wrong.
It appears anyone who doesn't say 'Of course, you're right, RTR', and 'Spiffing title RTR' is wrong.
Put contentious threads up - expect contention. Simple as that.

Sharron

Sharron Report 19 Oct 2020 21:18

Apart from the attempts to derail them for personal attention, I was pleased to see some proper debates opening up
{t was a pity that there was so much effort put in to drag the debate down to a personal level.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 19 Oct 2020 21:27

The debate was dragged down to a personal level by RTR, who then couldn't take his own 'medicine'.

Sharron

Sharron Report 19 Oct 2020 22:03

Pot and kettle.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 19 Oct 2020 22:17

Once again we are being treated as ignorant morons. It was quite obvious what Rollo was referring to by using the title Spirals.

This Rollo seems not to be the Rollo that that has told us all about having lived everywhere, done everything and is related to everyone (God help us) and knows everything about everything.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 19 Oct 2020 22:38

YOU were the one, RTR who had a go at Sharron for missing the 'H' off 'Hebdo', in a totally unnecessary way.
I merely pointed out that, unless your own writing was without typo's (and yours isn't) you really shouldn't point fingers.
I mean, Sharron just missed the 'H' off 'Hebdo' - it was still understandable.
You wrote about 'children seent to mudrasses'. I have no idea what a mudrass is - there are many different ways the term for an Islamic school are translated - and mudrass isn't one of them - madrasa is the most common one.As for seent???

I didn't mention my family once in that thread - not even my dad who was *checks notes* a follower of Islam. Was your dad? No.
Neither did I mention that I happen to have a degree in Religious studies - is that one of your countless degrees? Not yet. Probably in a post in a couple of months time.

You are the one who 'slips in' little comments in the hope of appearing, somehow 'better', I mean you said you 'had 3 pips in the army'. When I asked you what regiment you were a captain in, answer came there none.
Why? Why did you mention it? Why not reply to a simple question?
Why complain about others doing what you do all the time?

By the way, the word I think you're trying to say is 'rather', not 'rayjer'
I know it's a typo, but it's pretty boring when you have to be careful as
'Mr Perfection' may pick on you as he has nothing else to say.

Caroline

Caroline Report 19 Oct 2020 23:00

"related to everyone"....nope never seen him at any of my get togethers....

And Rollo...umm complaining about someone referring to their family tree...on a family tree site...classic...

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 19 Oct 2020 23:39

RTR's last comment:
"You can ask about, comment on my threads all you want but answer there will be none."
Not much point in posting anything on your threads then, is there?
It appears we are just meant to agree, admire and applaud whatever you post, and say what a clever boy you are - much cleverer than us ficko 'plebs'.

By the way, having 'high status' ancestors doesn't make you any better than anyone else - and they're ancestors to thousands, not just you.
I know this! :-D