General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

COMMUNICATION

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 1 Apr 2019 07:19

Are'nt they what the different threads on GR are all about ?
That's why so many threads, to cover different subjects.
Sad to see someone with nothing to say for themselves causing so many deletions.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Apr 2019 08:51

It was always thus David. People with nothing better to do than to try to spoil other people's pleasure/fun. Sad people. It does seem to go through phases though

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 1 Apr 2019 09:11

Whoosh!

Shame Genes couldn't be bothered to look at them.

Hope the two brides to be have great days.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 1 Apr 2019 09:26

Is it any wonder the RR'r keeps on as GR are doing nothing whatsoever to stop their bullying ways.

GR I am disappointed in you I think I speak for many in that us long standing and indeed new members need you to read what a rr'd thread was about and not just delete it.

Island

Island Report 1 Apr 2019 10:19

Ann, it hasn't always 'been thus' - only since the report button was installed. Granted it was needed back then because there were some offensive personal attacks but now the report facility is being abused and GR are allowing this to happen.

It's all very well for some to say 'ignore it' etc but I don't want to pay to wade through a mire. I want to see, as David says, members communicating. GR are letting the majority down.

They need bombarding with complaints.

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 1 Apr 2019 10:36

I was reported for posting a thread which contained nothing more than a link to a news story in a national newspaper.

It has been taken down.

Why?

Island

Island Report 1 Apr 2019 10:38

I've said my piece and to be honest I don't care what (some) others think, so long winded comments on the running of GR are not required.

Dear 'GR'
I am disgusted that you are allowing 'someone' to run and spoil the chat board by maliciously reporting innocent posts. A post by a bride to be regarding her special day for instance, should not have been reported but shame on you for removing it!!! Likewise other innocuous comments.
This is indefensible. Do you actually care about members who use the chat board? A post by yourselves explaining the situation honestly would be in good order.

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 1 Apr 2019 10:40

GR cannot be bothered to LOOK at the thread, basically because they have absolutely no interest in member's contributions to chat.

Island

Island Report 1 Apr 2019 10:42

Exactly Sue and it stinks.

Rambling

Rambling Report 1 Apr 2019 10:44

Whilst I agree it's annoying that posts go before you've read them, and perhaps more so when you have read them and know they were innocuous, the report button has to be there for the reasons given.

IMHO it will probably do no good complaining overly, the boards are too sparsely used and FMP is putting all its time, staff and money into other things, complain too much about these boards and they may be pulled entirely as more bother than they're worth.

Perhaps let those who say they are leaving (because there are 'so many views but no posts' for instance!) and just keep talking to the ones who want to post and to communicate :-)

happy chatting :-)

EDIT X posted so apologies for long winded...I don't do twitter as you can imagine :-)

Island

Island Report 1 Apr 2019 11:14

I disagree Rose. I don't think the report button has been needed for a long time, the trolls seem to have moved on.
I haven't seen anyone say they are leaving because of the view/post imbalance but agree it is disheartening. I don't put up threads anymore for this reason as I find it a struggle to type so it ain't worth the effort.

Btw. your post isn't long winded :-D

Rambling

Rambling Report 1 Apr 2019 11:23

They do seem to have left Island.

I'm sorry to hear you have trouble typing, I do myself, it's no fun!

Caroline

Caroline Report 1 Apr 2019 11:35

I can't believe they just pulled them again....well I can as it seems often the person in charge is just too lazy to actually read the RR thread......seriously the upcoming wedding one was RR and pulled? What about the one that was RR last week then reinstated then RR again....how can they justify pulling it on the second attempt if the OP wasn't changed?? Are we not grown adults who can choose to disagree??

Allan

Allan Report 1 Apr 2019 11:47

Obviously not, Caroline :-|

Care for a jar of Vaseline? ;-)

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 1 Apr 2019 11:53

er....Petroleum jelly, if you please

Allan

Allan Report 1 Apr 2019 12:00

:-D :-D :-D

David

David Report 1 Apr 2019 12:34

Carton of KY jelly anyone ?

Caroline

Caroline Report 1 Apr 2019 12:34

:-D

David

David Report 1 Apr 2019 12:47

In the past the readiness to DELETE has caused some good posters to leave the forum. This can't be good for the moral of the remainder.

Sadie The Bra Lady has closed her branch in Ashington.

David

David Report 1 Apr 2019 13:26

There was another thread on GR where I recently suggested that it might be a good idea (IMO) when deleting a post to have GR state WHY and WHO made the complaint. The entire thread has been deleted !!