Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Please Help! Death Certificate * Complete

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julia

Julia Report 1 Sep 2007 15:21

Death Cert : ANNE JANE ROBINSON - I am looking to find my Great Great Grandmothers grave in the Liverpool area. I am looking on behalf of my grandad who is 80 tomorrow!!!! we have been looking for ages and haven't had an success.

Information I have:

Birth Cert: JANE MOTTRAM - DOB 11/05/1863 - Born Saint Thomas Liverpool, county of Lancaster - Father Thomas Mottram a Carter, Mother Ellen Mottram formally North - Lived at 18 Lydia Ann Street, Liverpool. - Reg 28/05/1863

Marriage Cert: Married St Paul's Church, Birkenhead - 23/05/1886 with the name ANNE JANE MOTTRAM (Spinster) age 23 - Father Thomas Mottram a Miller. Married a William Robinson (Bachelor) age 23 a Ships Steward - his father was also William Robinson who Laboured.

Childrens Birth Certs:

Ellen Valentine Robinson- 14/02/1889 - Birkenhead, Tranmere - reg 13/03/1889- Mother Ann Jane Robinson formerly Mottram - address 1 Cobden Street, Tranmere - Father William Robinson - Ships Steward

Janet Robinson - 12/05/1891 - Toxteth Park, Liverpool - reg 29/06/1891 - Mother Ann Jane Robinson formerly Mottram - address 115 Grafton Street, Toxteth Park, Liverpool - Father William Robinson - Ships Steward

Benjamin Robinson - 23/10/1896 - Toxteth Park, Liverpool - reg 18/01/1897 -Mother Ann Jane Robinson formerly Mottram - Father William Robinson - Ships Steward
SDRI W Robinson 33 Essex Street, Toxteth Park.

Thank you for taking the time to look at this, many thanks Julia x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 1 Sep 2007 15:27

So you are looking for the death of an Anne Jane Robinson. Do you know when she was last known to be alive - or is the birth of the last child the last you know of her?

Kath. x

Julia

Julia Report 1 Sep 2007 15:36

Hi Kath, I believe she had another son Thomas but do not know in which order he came as do not have his birth cert. I'm sorry I don't know when she was last known but have been told that the children had to go into care as William was missing. x

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Sep 2007 15:46

Have you located the family on 1901 census?

Reg

RutlandBelle

RutlandBelle Report 1 Sep 2007 15:48

I was just going to ask that Reg. So far only found Benjamin age 4 who is with an aunt & uncle Mottram

Jennifer

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Sep 2007 15:49

1891 census........

Name: Ellen Robinson
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1889
Relation: Daughter
Father's Name: Wm
Mother's Name: Wm J
Where born: Tranmere, Cheshire, England

Civil Parish: Toxteth Park
Ecclesiastical parish: St Thomas
County/Island: Lancashire

Registration district: Toxteth Park
Sub-registration district: Toxteth Park
ED, institution, or vessel: 17
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Ellen Robinson 2
Wm Robinson 28
Wm Robinson 3 b. Rock Ferry, Cheshire
Wm J Robinson 27 (Image is Ann)

Reg

Julia

Julia Report 1 Sep 2007 15:59

I've a really poor copy of a census unsure what year it is - all the info showing is Page No. 40 of No. 296 of West Toxteth - Street Name: 115 Grafton Street - William Robinson - head - 28 - Ships Steward - North Shields Durham. Ann J Robinson Wife - 27 - Liverpool. William? Robinson Son - age 3 - Scholar - Cheshire Rockferry. Ellen Robinson - age 2 - Tranmere. Does this help, sorry not very good at this x

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Sep 2007 16:03

Julia

That's the 1891 census.........matches what I posted

Reg

Thelma

Thelma Report 1 Sep 2007 16:03

Ellen Robinson Wm,
Wm J abt 1889 Tranmere, Cheshire, England Daughter Toxteth Park Lancashire
View Record
Wm Robinson Wm J abt 1863 North Shield, Durham, England Head Toxteth Park Lancashire
View Record
Wm Robinson Wm,
Wm J abt 1888 Cumberland, England Son Toxteth Park Lancashire
View Record
Wm J Robinson Wm abt 1864 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Wife Toxteth Park Lancashire

Julia

Julia Report 1 Sep 2007 16:06

Thanks Reggie posted mine,then saw that you had found it! x

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Sep 2007 16:07

Is this the son William in 1901?

Name: William Robinson
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1888
Relation: Inmate
Where born: Tranmere Rock Ferry, Cheshire, England

Civil Parish: Newton in Makerfield
Ecclesiastical parish: Newton in Makerfield St Peter

Registration district: Warrington
Sub-registration district: Newton in Makerfield
ED, institution, or vessel: Liverpool Farm School

Reg

RutlandBelle

RutlandBelle Report 1 Sep 2007 16:10

Reg I just saw that. I wonder if something had happened to the parents with William being in a Farm School and another child with relatives or perhaps Jane had gone to sea with her husband leaving the children in Liverpool

Jennifer

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Sep 2007 16:11

This one would appear to be too young.........but as she is apparently alone, there may have been doubt about her actual age..........

Name: Janet Robinson
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1894
Relation: Inmate
Where born: Liverpool, Lancashire, England

Civil Parish: Walton On The Hill
Ecclesiastical parish: St Mary
Town: Liverpool

Registration district: West Derby
Sub-registration district: Walton
ED, institution, or vessel: Workhouse

Reg

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Sep 2007 16:15

I wonder.................

Name: Amy Jane Robinson
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1863
Year of Registration: 1900
Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun
Age at Death: 37
District: Toxteth Park
County: Lancashire
Volume: 8b
Page: 171

Reg

Julia

Julia Report 1 Sep 2007 16:16

Looking through all the paperwork I have to see if I can spread some more light on it for you x

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Sep 2007 16:25

Looks promising Brenda......the maths works out OK

Reg

Julia

Julia Report 1 Sep 2007 16:30

Just looking through a letter my grandad wrote to a researcher (he was unable to find anything), he stated that his grandad went missing at sea around 1906 and that Ann had died while having a baby just after hearing he had gone missing, the baby servived. Don't know how true this is as we have been unable to locate either of them with this information. x

~Summer Scribe~

~Summer Scribe~ Report 1 Sep 2007 16:32

I would look at the 1900 death, I think. Sounds promising and the cause of death may well seal it if you know she died in child birth (or shortly after)

Julia

Julia Report 1 Sep 2007 17:13

All this information is fantastic, thank you everybody!! Brenda do you think this maybe her? If so, do you know how I go about finding the cause of death or even her grave if she has one? Sorry I am unsure as to where to go next, can I apply to Birkenhead Reg office for her death cert? xx

Julia

Julia Report 1 Sep 2007 19:08

Thank you so much!! I will look into the information you have given me.

Julia x