Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WHERE IS IT

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Robert

Robert Report 16 Aug 2007 07:50

I HAVE THE BIRTH CERT OF WALTER BROWN. HIS MOTHER WAS JANNETTE BLOOMFIELD WHO DIED THE SAME TIME WALTER WAS BORN. HER BIRTH RECORD STATES SHE WAS JANNETTE BROWN. WALTERS FATHER WAS ARTHUR BROWN. I HAVE SPENT WEEKS TRYING TO FIND THE MARRIAGE OF ARTHUR BROWN AND JANNETTE BLOOMFIELD BUT HAVE COME TO A BRICK WALL. JANNETTE BROWN DIED IN 1909 HAMPSTEAD AND I HAVE NO INFO ON ARTHUR BROWN EXEPT THAT HE WAS AN ARTILERYMAN PRIVATE

Robert

Robert Report 16 Aug 2007 08:00

THANKS BUT THATS NOT IT, I LOOKED AT BIRTHS OF JANNETTE BLOOMFIELD AND THEIR IS A RECORD OF MY ONE WHO WAS BORN IN HAMPDTEAD AND THAT ONE FROM LEICESTER

Robert

Robert Report 16 Aug 2007 08:03

COULD THEY HAVE GOT MARRIED SOMEWHERE OTHER THAN ENGLAND, IF SO HOW CAN I SEARCH

Robert

Robert Report 16 Aug 2007 08:20

AS ARTHUR BROWN WAS AN ARTILLERYMANN IN 1909 AND LIVED IN HAMPSTEAD, CAN ANYBODY HELP BY SEARCHING MILITERY RECORDS

Robert

Robert Report 16 Aug 2007 09:02

NUDGE

Judith

Judith Report 16 Aug 2007 09:25

Judith The family you found are transcribed by Ancestry in 1901 as Blormfiled! Jeanette wasn't at home though. Could this be her, living in as a domestic servant for a family called Lawrence in Heath Street also in Hampstead: Janet M Blomfield S 15 born Hampstead

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon)

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon) Report 16 Aug 2007 09:26

Agnes Blormfiled Age: 15 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1886 Relation: Daughter Father's Name: George Mother's Name: Louisa Gender: Female Where born: Hampstead, London, England Civil Parish: Hampstead Ecclesiastical parish: St John County/Island: London Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View Image Registration district: Hampstead Sub-registration district: Hampstead ED, institution, or vessel: 4 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 80 Household Members: Name Age Agnes Blormfiled 15 George Blormfiled 40 Louisa Blormfiled 38 Monica Blormfiled 13 Thressa Blormfiled 9 Walter Blormfiled 19 Kathleen Brace 1 I found a birth record for that Jeanetta Goodwin Bloomfield in Leicestershire, so that marriage is not her. :-)) Angela

Robert

Robert Report 16 Aug 2007 09:28

THE FAMILY IN 1901 IS SPELT BLORMFILED. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO TRACE THE FAMILY OF ARTHUR BROWN. BUT THE ONLY WAY OF FINDING THE RIGHT ARTHUR IS TO FIND OUT HIS AGE WHICH WOULD BE ON MARRIAGE CERT I THINK

Robert

Robert Report 16 Aug 2007 09:31

BECAUSE JEANNETTE WAS BURRIED AS BROWN, IS IT CERTAIN SHE WAS MARRIED ?

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 16 Aug 2007 09:37

What happened to Walter...did he stay with Arthur? Did Arthur witness Walter's marriage. Just thinking that we might be able to track him forward until a death. Maybe Arthur remarried to make a home for Walter and we could find THAT marriage to help pinpont his age. Gwyn

Robert

Robert Report 16 Aug 2007 09:45

WALTERS BIRTH WAS WITNESED BY LOUISA BLOOMFIELD AND WALTER WAS KNOWN AS WALTER BLOOMFIELD. I HAVE A LETTER WITH THE BIRTH CERT FOR WALTER THAT STATES: WALTER BLOOMFIELD AND WALTER BROWN ARE THE SAME PERSON. WALTER HAD A SON CALLED GORDON BLOOMFIELD. I THINK BECAUSE WALTERS MOTHER DIED AT BIRTH HE WAS BROUGHT UP BY HIS GRANDMOTHER. GORDON IS LIVING AND WANTS TO FIND OUT ABOUT HIS FATHERS SIDE OF THE FAMILY (BROWN) BUT I AM STUCK. JEANNETTE AND ARTHUR MUST HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR HER TO BE BURRIED AS A BROWN

Robert

Robert Report 16 Aug 2007 09:47

SO I NEED TO FIND WHO WALTER MARRIED

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon) Report 16 Aug 2007 10:00

Robert Have you checked the images on Ancestry for the marriage? Angela

Robert

Robert Report 16 Aug 2007 10:03

NOT SURE WHAT YOU MEAN ANGELA, DO YPU MEAN THE MARRIAGE OF ARTHUR AND JEANNETTE ?

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon) Report 16 Aug 2007 10:07

Yes, the marriage of Arthur & Jeannette. Angela

Judith

Judith Report 16 Aug 2007 11:00

>JEANNETTE AND ARTHUR MUST HAVE BEEN MARRIED >FOR HER TO BE BURRIED AS A BROWN Well no actually, her death and burial would have been in the name she was known by and if they were living as man and wife she would have been known as Brown even if there had been no marriage.

Robert

Robert Report 16 Aug 2007 11:42

ANGELA HOW CAN I SEARCH THE IMAGES IF I CANT FIND THE MARRIAGE

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon) Report 16 Aug 2007 12:04

Robert If you have Ancestry access, you can search images quarter by quarter, using just one of the names. Some marriages may not have been indexed yet. Anyway, Judith has said that she has checked them for you & still can't find it. I had a look too, but they were so slow to load I had to give up. I don't know what else to suggest. Angela

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 16 Aug 2007 12:51

If Arthur was in the army he may have been posted in Leicester & that's where he & Jeanette got married. Just because she was born in Hampstead doesn't mean she got married there. Ozi.

Robert

Robert Report 16 Aug 2007 13:31

THANKS EVERYBODY FOR YOUR HELP