Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The Times Archives

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maggie in Leics

Maggie in Leics Report 8 May 2004 12:54

Try this site: http(:)//infotrac(.)galegroup(.)com/itweb/free4_tda THE PASSWORD IS trial (needs to be lower case) It's great!! if you need a laugh, search for Letten and read all about Elizabeth Letten - sadly not one of mine as far as I know!! Maggie

Flossie

Flossie Report 8 May 2004 13:17

HAVE TRIED TO GET IN THIS SITE B4 BUT IT WONT LET ME IN!!

Debbie

Debbie Report 8 May 2004 14:05

I have just got on, but I havnt found any rellies yet. Debbie

Maggie in Leics

Maggie in Leics Report 8 May 2004 14:35

Keep trying - it's still letting me in - and even if you don't find rellies, some of the stories from long ago are FASCINATING!! Good Luck!!

Sue in Sx

Sue in Sx Report 8 May 2004 20:52

Tried and tried but still can't get anywhere !!!!!! Sue

John

John Report 8 May 2004 21:31

Thanks Maggie, I got in with no problem. I found my great-uncle in a couple of items as well!

Flossie

Flossie Report 8 May 2004 22:13

tried again and got in hooray!!!!

Christine2

Christine2 Report 8 May 2004 22:31

Where am I going wrong? I tried all the suggestions, but it always asks for a user name and password. It says trial is invalid. Any suggestions, I could do with a laugh, I have just spent two and a half hours looking for a Smith!!

Flossie

Flossie Report 8 May 2004 22:36

just found an article about th death of my grandad. sad but its nice to see something.

Maggie in Leics

Maggie in Leics Report 9 May 2004 08:42

Christine, Did you get in yet? (Tried to mail you the link to see if that brought more luck). Hope so - have found interesting things about family related by marriage, but also lots of other interesting (and gory) stories. One of my elusive ancestors was a chemist - so I searched for ancient spelling "chymist" and came up with a story about how someone thought he could extract enough iron from the blood in a corpse to strike a coin the size of a 40 franc piece - and that was in 1833 - kinda makes the recent offers to turn your loved one's ashes into gemstone jewellery old news doesn't it!! Good Luck!! Maggie

Christine2

Christine2 Report 9 May 2004 09:44

Thanks for the e-mail Maggie - IM IN - it's brilliant.

Stephen

Stephen Report 9 May 2004 10:41

Hi Maggie, Can you please tell me what the username is. Best regards. Steve Robbins.

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 9 May 2004 12:04

I finally got in and managed to find an article about my G.Grandad. Had found out he was in prison for the 1891 census so tried to see if there was anything in the paper. There was but for 1897! What a naughty G.Grandad and the family were so prim and proper and real Victorian! I do wonder whether anyone ever knew other than the generation that were around at the time. Also found an article about a naughty Aunt as well from the 1950's. What a rogues gallery is emerging! It's great! Jacky:-)

Lilian

Lilian Report 9 May 2004 12:48

I can't get in either. What is username please? Lilian

Maggie in Leics

Maggie in Leics Report 9 May 2004 13:59

Steve, Lilian, Have tried to mail you. The password is trial (needs to be lower case). Hope you get in!! Maggie

Patricia

Patricia Report 9 May 2004 15:34

I have tried everything to get on - but cannot. Help please

Carol in Rochester, New York

Carol in Rochester, New York Report 9 May 2004 15:49

Hi Maggie, I,ve also tried but can,t get in. Could you email me the link? Pleeeease.

Kim

Kim Report 9 May 2004 15:54

http://web3.infotrac.galegroup(.)com/itw/infomark/0/1/1/purl=rc6_TTDA?sw_aep=free4_tda take out the brckets KIM

Carol in Rochester, New York

Carol in Rochester, New York Report 9 May 2004 16:56

Thanks Kim but it still won,t let me in.

Flossie

Flossie Report 9 May 2004 17:04

carol i have e mailed you lol xx