Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

For who and where we are looking BUCKINGHAMSHIRE

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Oct 2004 16:45

Please add your Bucks names here.

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Oct 2004 16:46

My names are SEABROOK - STOKE HAMMOND/ASPLEYGUISE HORN -IVINGHOE/STOKE HAMMOND WOODWARD - STOKE HAMMOND STEVENS - STOKE HAMMOND DEELEY - IVINGHOE JENKINS - STOKE HAMMOND/ASPLEYGUISE FOUNTAIN(E) - MENTMORE/STOKE HAMMOND

Joy

Joy Report 10 Oct 2004 17:00

NEWTON, GREEN, LOOSLEY, WOODBRIDGE, JACOBS, mainly -Hughenden, Princes Risborough.

Lynette

Lynette Report 15 Oct 2004 19:59

Winslow: Spooner Viccars Water Stratford(Buckingham) Watson

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 15 Oct 2004 23:11

My Bucks links are very tenuous. John STRATFORD was "believed to have been born in this parish about three years ago" when he was baptised in 1820 in Tingewick. His mother, Ann STRATFORD, was a servant (the register says). There aren't any more STRATFORDs recorded in Tingewick. I've decided that this particular brick wall will only come down by fluke so I'm not chasing hard. If anyone has Tingewick family, this site will be useful (there's also an active mailing list): http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.*com/~tingewick/index.htm Christine

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 16 Oct 2004 00:01

my bucks names are KEEP--AYLESBURY BRIGGINSHAW---AYLESBURY HORN---AYLESBURY HATHAWAY..WYCOMBE/BLEDLOW/LACEY GREEN BUCKMASTER--CHALFONT ST GILES PAYNE--CHALFONT ST GILES EVETT--AYLESBURY FELLOWS--AYLESBURY GURNEYS---AYLESBURY HANNEY--AYLESBURY WALKER--AYLESBURY NORTH--AYLESBURY LUDGATE--AYLESBURY SEABROOK---IVINGHOE i have loads more aswell susie

Lucky

Lucky Report 16 Oct 2004 00:09

I have Smith - Haddenham Arnott - may be Long Crendon White - not yet sure. I also have Seabrook but they are in Cambridgeshire - for now! Diane

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Oct 2004 00:14

CHOWNS, Robert b. Aston Rowant, Oxfordshire 1779, married in FARNHAM ROYAL Susanna Simons 1801, died Stoke Poges 1872. Robert & Susanna had lots of girls who I can't marry off or kill! AYLESBURY Charles Williams moved here from Rendcomb, Gloucestershire, 1913/14? and died 85 Bicester Rd 1924. He lived with 2nd wife Katherine Eisenschmidt and his daughters Caroline (Carrie), Edna and Doris. nell

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Oct 2004 06:26

Hi Lyla BURNHAM of Little & Great Marlow David:)

Jillian

Jillian Report 16 Oct 2004 10:02

Hailey in Aylesbury. Thomas born 1827. sons Thomas b.1852, John b.1859 and William b. 1864

Esta

Esta Report 16 Oct 2004 12:01

Hi All, I am looking in to the family name HORWOOD from Tingewick And also the name PAXTON ESta :)

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Oct 2004 14:35

If you havent already seen it, this is an interesting site. You can see if any of your Bucks ancestors were ever in jail http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/bucks_prisoners/index.htm

Trish

Trish Report 16 Oct 2004 15:10

BOWDREY BUTLER BRISTOW WOODBRIDGE Was that Joy I saw with the name Woodbridge on their list? I have a Lydia with parents of George and Martha. Susie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You've gone and done it again!! I also have Gurney in my list. :-)))

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 17 Oct 2004 10:52

trish well i never lol my gurney married a keep!!! we must be related somewhere surely lol susie

Shirley

Shirley Report 17 Oct 2004 11:50

Lyla BUNYAN (Bunnion or Bunning) Dorton/Aylesbury/Brill KIRBY Aylesbury / Wooton Underwood. SMALL Haddenham / Lower Winchendon Does anyone have acess to Stoke Hammond Parish registers? Edward Kirby b1804 married Sarah Small b 1811 Haddenham at Stoke Hammond 13 Oct 1830. The trouble is that there were 2 Sarah Smalls b the same year and place. Which one married Edward? Sarah whose father was Agrippa or Sarah whose father was Thomas. Shirley

Trish

Trish Report 17 Oct 2004 11:59

Susie, I have an Owen Gurney who married Elizabeth (daughter of John Tompkins and Charlotte nee Bowdrey). Poor old Charlotte ended up at Stone!! and died there. No comments thankyou :-))

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Nov 2004 11:45

Wonder why I've not replied to this before... SMITH - Gawcott/Stony Stratford/Broughton COX - Gawcott BAILEY & CLARK(E) - Stony Stratford/Wolverton Paul

Heike

Heike Report 11 Nov 2004 15:05

Family Bunce - High Wycombe, though I'm not sure whether they already lived there before 1880. My great-grandfather was Frank Bunce, his wife Lily May Lipscombe, so any information on the Lipscombes is also of interest. Thanks to this site I also found out that Frank Bunce's father was called James. Anything before that is not known to me so far.

Andrea

Andrea Report 11 Nov 2004 15:26

and my massive contribution is..... DUTTON~WYCOMBE andrea ;o)

Angela

Angela Report 5 Jan 2005 15:15

BARTON - STEWKLEY GRIFFIN -STEWKLEY DICKENS/DICKINS - STEWKLEY Thanks