Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I need help please with 1891 & 1901

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 18 Nov 2004 08:01

I have tried being creative & using wildcards etc to no avail. See below..........please I

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 18 Nov 2004 08:06

am looking for Florence Ann & Thomas Valentine Breeze. Florence was born in Gravesend Kent in 1848. Thomas was born in Southampton Hampshire in 1845. They married in Mile End in 1878. I found them on 1881, living in Mile End Rd, London, Middlesex, so they did exist. Anyone creative.....or have they joined the others on the spaceship??

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 18 Nov 2004 08:35

hold everything !! I just found them in 1901 under Braze & living in Lancashire!! Thomas was supposedly born in Southampton, Hamburg. They have a 22 yr old son which is odd because he wasn't born in 1881 census ?!!? Maybe I need to check that. Still no sign of them in 1891 though

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 18 Nov 2004 08:46

I think I am talking to myself here.....mumble mumble..... If Thomas was a tailor in London in 1881.....how come he is a mariner in Lancashire 20 years later??? Is there water near Lancashire???

Heather

Heather Report 18 Nov 2004 08:54

Well, there is the Port of Liverpool, next to London in importance at that time I should think.

Crista

Crista Report 18 Nov 2004 08:55

Karen, Have them in 1891 as Brage. Brage, Florence A 42 Gravesend, Kent Wife Kirkdale Lancashire Brage, Thor A 45 Southampton, Hampshire Head Kirkdale Lancashire Brage, Thor I A 11 Bow, Gloucestershire Son Kirkdale Lancashire Crista

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 18 Nov 2004 09:03

Good grief Crista !!! How do you do that !! LOL no wonder my feeble brain couldn't work it out !! thank you very much for your help !! cheers

Crista

Crista Report 18 Nov 2004 09:05

Karen, Here's Thomas jr. Births Sep 1879 Breeze Thomas James A Mile End 1c 529 Who knows where he was in 1881. Crista

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 18 Nov 2004 09:09

well that means thomas jr should have been on the census in 1881. There was a monthly nurse in the house as a lodger.....maybe Florence was sick & the baby farmed out to rellies......hope familysearch is working tonight..it wasn't last night

Crista

Crista Report 18 Nov 2004 09:20

Just looking at Florence. I have Walfords in my tree but I don't think there's a connection. Do you think it might say Milliner instead of mariner? If he were a mariner it seems odd he be would around for the censuses. Crista

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 18 Nov 2004 09:21

I found Kirkdale..it is near the Mersey river !! Just like the song !! LOL I haven't had any rellies in Liverpool before......wonder if I am related to the Beatles !!

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 18 Nov 2004 09:25

Do you !?!? My Walfords are from Gravesend, Milton, Chatham. Mostly had jobs on the water. My ggggrandfather left for Aust around 1840 Where are yours from? I think the Walfords originated in Essex but I haven't gotten back far enough to find the connection

Crista

Crista Report 18 Nov 2004 09:35

Karen, I've got to 1807 with my Walfords and the relative born then was from Stratford, Suffolk. Not sure which Stratford this is though. Crista

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 18 Nov 2004 09:48

seems odd that in 1891 Thomas jr was born in Bow, Gloucestershire In 1901 he was born in London, Middlesex. I just can't figure out English Geography ! Can't seem to find him on 1881 census.......maybe I should find a good book & go to bed !!! LOL

Crista

Crista Report 18 Nov 2004 09:54

Karen, Bow is very close to Mile End. I think it says London, Bow on the census Crista

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 18 Nov 2004 10:16

I can't find Bow on Streetmap or Multimap. I found Mile End Rd.......yay !!

Crista

Crista Report 18 Nov 2004 10:20

Search for Poplar and then zoom in. Crista

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 18 Nov 2004 10:38

yep......bow common....found it thanks. There is a lot of water around London isn't there. It's not far from Bethnal green either where a lot of Breeze births appear.

Sandra S

Sandra S Report 18 Nov 2004 10:51

Hello Karen Just thought I'd let you know, all of my lot came from Bethnal Green, Bow, Canning Town (all in East London) I was born in Poplar! None of our names match though, more's the pity. Thanks again for the wonderful photo's of your home town. I showed them to my Mum, she actually stayed in Newcastle over night when in Oz visiting rellies about 10 years ago! I still have your g-gran's details, although still no luck with her baptism. Sandra

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 18 Nov 2004 11:03

really Sandra !!! Small world! You'll have to make a trip over one day. I am waiting for a Lottery win to get to England to find my roots !! This family is moving about a bit too much for my poor brain. I thought I had everyone contained in Kent or Yorkshire.....now I have London & Lancashire....aghghgh Which of my grandparents were you looking up?? I have a memory like a goldfish !! lOL