Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1837 online problem

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 31 Dec 2004 16:33

Is anyone else having trouble getting onto 1837 online? It keeps saying I've timed out and gives 3 reasons why this should happen. Its not any of them, I was on it last night and I've not altered any settings.

Margaret

Margaret Report 31 Dec 2004 16:40

Just tried on a different computer and its still the same. Must be a problem with the site. Can someone else try please? Just make sure I'm not going daft Margaret

Frances

Frances Report 31 Dec 2004 16:41

It must be them Margaret. I've been using it all afternoon with no problems, but I've been getting the timeout screen for the last few minutes. Hopefully it'll be back up soon Frances

Deborah

Deborah Report 31 Dec 2004 16:46

Hi Margaret, I've just been trying to get on too, exactly the same problem. Thought I'd have a look here and see if there was anything reported and found your thread. Must be them, thought I was having a senior moment!! Debbie

Margaret

Margaret Report 31 Dec 2004 16:57

Thanks very much at least i know i'm not going round the twist

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 31 Dec 2004 17:13

I have been going on it all day on and off and now i am getting the time out too. Pain in the backside. lol. Happy New Year to you all.

Miriam

Miriam Report 31 Dec 2004 17:25

seems to be working now, it may just have been a large number of people on it after the programme this morning. Yours Miriam

Margaret

Margaret Report 31 Dec 2004 17:39

No, I'm still getting the same problem Margaret

Jane

Jane Report 31 Dec 2004 18:06

Had the same problem but o.k via Windows Internet Explorer Jane

Karen

Karen Report 31 Dec 2004 18:07

Phewwwwwwwwwww thanks everyone and I thought it was my pc with a virus or something. My credits expire today and I need to renew them so I am panicking sort of.

Margaret

Margaret Report 31 Dec 2004 19:27

Karen I would copy and paste this thread and then if you cant renew your credits before your deadline then you have some ammo to complain with. Tried via Windows I.E. still cant get on, perhaps their doing some sort of upgrade. Margaret

Ann

Ann Report 31 Dec 2004 21:48

Grrrr, I've got the sdame problem too :( Just got a lead on my grandmother too and wanted to check it out :( What was the new similar site called again...have it in an email somewhere, I think I'll check that out. Happy New Year to all :) Regards Ann UPDATE it's familyrelatives.org but still in final testign and not live :(

Ann

Ann Report 1 Jan 2005 10:24

It's working now :) Happy New Year Ann

Linda from Murton

Linda from Murton Report 1 Jan 2005 10:26

Working fine for me. Happy New Year

Helen

Helen Report 1 Jan 2005 10:44

Glad it's not me cos I really don't understand these infernal machines. When I went on line to 1837 it told me that I have no Units left when I do. Can anyone suggest what to do in this case

Lana

Lana Report 1 Jan 2005 11:09

I've just tried logging on to 1837 but it keeps giving me the time out message as well.... not fair!!

Margaret

Margaret Report 1 Jan 2005 13:38

Well its still not working. I too have emailed them. This is very frustrating, I wonder if we will get extra days credit to compensate. Dont hold your breath!!!

Smiley

Smiley Report 1 Jan 2005 13:43

Not working for me either :(

Victoria

Victoria Report 1 Jan 2005 14:44

hi all, i am having the same problem. We thought hubby had deleted the cookies so rang them up to ask what to do but they couldnt help us as their whole system had gone down and the I.T department told hubby that it would be about monday before it works properly again. Then they mite be able to sort out the cookies problem. Reading your messages, i dont think it is a cookie problem, just an 1837 problem. But monday is ages away!!!!!!! lets hope they get it sorted sooner, victoria

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 1 Jan 2005 16:49

Hi Everybody Thought I would let you know that I have been on 1837 online and everything was working OK so they have probably sorted their gremlins out. I also noticed that they have changed the formatt slightly since I last visited and I found it better to use. Rosemary