Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How do I change my name on these boards?

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Liz

Liz Report 3 May 2005 21:14

How do people make themselves pseudonyms on these boards?! I've looked everywhere!

The Bag

The Bag Report 3 May 2005 21:17

In your account details. first and third line... whisper...who do you want to be? i wont tell! jess

Kate

Kate Report 3 May 2005 21:17

hi just go into My account details , on the left below MEssages and just call yourself any thing you fancy!! kate

Liz

Liz Report 3 May 2005 22:00

Thanks for that Jess and Kathleen. Not a major change but a bit less formal! I did think about a more anonymous name but there are parts of the site where that wouldn't be useful. Any disadvantages/advantages to being anonymous?

The Bag

The Bag Report 3 May 2005 22:03

Depends. i am tracing my adoption history so sometimes it is adventagious to be annonomous. dont think it really matters what you call yourself as long as you dont keep chopping and changing Jess

Ann

Ann Report 3 May 2005 22:07

Was going to ask the same question. Thought is would be more user friendly. Tried it didn't work. What am I doing wrong

Chezza

Chezza Report 3 May 2005 22:11

Great info. I might be daft but I have been wondering that for some time! How come everyone else's name is larger in blue and underlined?

Sue

Sue Report 3 May 2005 22:12

Let's see if it works for me too... Sue (in NZ)

Sue

Sue Report 3 May 2005 22:13

Yay! Thanks for asking the question, Liz. I've been meaning to get round to it for ages! Sue.

The Bag

The Bag Report 3 May 2005 22:15

Chezza - who seems to be developing a size complex...! Mine is small and black to me, yours is large and blue. You only appear black to yourself - if that makes sense. jess

Chezza

Chezza Report 3 May 2005 22:26

Thanks for that Jess. I thought I was the odd one out but apparently not. We never see ourselves as other see us do we

Ann

Ann Report 3 May 2005 22:30

Had another go to change my details. Third time lucky. What has it come up as. As to me its still the same. Ann

Liz

Liz Report 3 May 2005 22:58

No, still the same I'm afraid, Ann! Did you scroll down to the bottom and click on 'Save Changes'? Better luck next time! Glad the Old Bat's been of use to someone - kept wondering if I dare ask such a basic question, everyone seems so knowledgeable on here! - Liz

Carol 430181

Carol 430181 Report 3 May 2005 23:11

Ann you are not the only one, I asked the same question last night. I thought I was the only one that was small and black. I was then asked why I wanted to change my name, a good question I thought so I will just be me Carol 430181

Ann

Ann Report 4 May 2005 12:35

Hi Liz Yes I did scroll down and saved changes. As I collect pigs (not real ones unfortunately) I wanted to be Miss Piggy!!!!!! My son thinks I am mad. He could be right. Ann (Miss Piggy)

Ann

Ann Report 5 May 2005 17:07

Vickie, Tried what u suggested. Last time. Ann

Ann

Ann Report 5 May 2005 18:20

Just checking........................

Brenda

Brenda Report 5 May 2005 18:42

ann you are member no 647650, could you please let me know what mine is. thanks brenda x

Carol 430181

Carol 430181 Report 5 May 2005 19:31

Hi Brenda you are 681679 I started this question several days ago, it is good when you can then help others. Carol 430181

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 May 2005 20:16

mmmmm hasn't worked. Try again