Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

marriage help please

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bacardi

Bacardi Report 2 Dec 2005 23:33

frederick jones marrying lucy hardman could of married wales or b,ham many thanks angie

Suein10b

Suein10b Report 2 Dec 2005 23:36

Any idea what years Sue

Irene

Irene Report 2 Dec 2005 23:37

You do not give any dates or areas of where they might have married. Irene

Merry

Merry Report 2 Dec 2005 23:38

Are you quite sure???? I thought Lucy Hardman married Edwin Rodds (1880), and the widow of their son, Frederick Rodds, (who's name I have forgotten after far too much wine) married Frederick Jones......?????? Frederick Rodds was killed in WW1 and I remember his wife had not remarried by 1920...... Was she called Ada?? Is there a prize for remembering other people's trees better than my own?? Merry

Bacardi

Bacardi Report 2 Dec 2005 23:40

im not sure what year they were both born 1855 and 1859 so id guess 1870ish they were both born in wales in cardiff but on 1901 census they lived in birmingham sorry i cant help anymore angie x

Bacardi

Bacardi Report 2 Dec 2005 23:42

this is my jones family tree the other tree was my rodds different branch all together but how mad is this that i have another lucy hardman and a frederick jones angie xx

Merry

Merry Report 2 Dec 2005 23:43

So is this another Jones then????? Is this the wife of Edwin Rodds remarrying, rather than Frederick Rodd's widow (who I'm sure you said married a Jones)? Merry

Beryl

Beryl Report 2 Dec 2005 23:43

Merry, you should change your name to Merry with the marvelous memory! I think you are so clever and all the other people who look up for others. I only wish I could do it.

Merry

Merry Report 2 Dec 2005 23:44

Sorry Angie, we crossed! Merry

Bacardi

Bacardi Report 2 Dec 2005 23:45

i know were your coming from merry my ada re married a jones but his name was george im researching georges family yep another jones iv got loads of them angie xx

Suein10b

Suein10b Report 2 Dec 2005 23:45

Just found the marriage ref for Lucy in 1880 as Merry says Hardman, Lucy 1880 December Marriages Birmingham (1837-1924) Warwickshire View Record KNOWLES, William Henry 1880 December Marriages Birmingham (1837-1924) Warwickshire View Record RODDS, Edwin 1880 December Marriages Birmingham (1837-1924) Warwickshire View Record Stevens, Eliza 1880 December Marriages Birmingham (1837-1924) Vol 6d 87 Sue

Bacardi

Bacardi Report 2 Dec 2005 23:47

the lucy hardman that married edwin was born in b,ham this lucy was born in wales (cardiff) and also her husban frederick was born in cardiff angie xx

Merry

Merry Report 2 Dec 2005 23:49

Do you know that her name was Hardman only because her mum was living with them in 1901??? Jane Hardman abt 1823 Birmingham Mother-in-law Balsall Heath Worcestershire Alice Jones abt 1893 Birmingham Daughter Balsall Heath Worcestershire Elsie Jones abt 1891 Birmingham Daughter Balsall Heath Worcestershire Frederick Jones abt 1855 S Wales, Cardiff, Wales Head Balsall Heath Worcestershire Georgy Jones abt 1889 Birmingham Son Balsall Heath Worcestershire Lucy Jones abt 1859 S Wales, Cardiff, Wales Wife Balsall Heath Worcestershire merry

Bacardi

Bacardi Report 2 Dec 2005 23:49

yep thats my other lucy but need the lucy who was born in wales if possible angie xx

Bacardi

Bacardi Report 2 Dec 2005 23:51

thats them merry yep thats the only clue i have do you think im jumping the gun angie xx

Merry

Merry Report 2 Dec 2005 23:52

Mum might have been married more than once....... She's even the same age as the other Mrs Jane Hardman, mother of the other Lucy!!!! Merry

Merry

Merry Report 2 Dec 2005 23:54

Think you should get the birth cert of one of the children........Won't be easy, called jones......!!! Can't find THIS Lucy Hardman (b 1823 Birm) in earlier censuses, that's why i wondered if she had married later than her dau was born.....(ie 2nd time) Merry

Merry

Merry Report 2 Dec 2005 23:55

Beryl, Thank you for your kind words....pity I forget present day names, just like that!!! Merry

The Bag

The Bag Report 2 Dec 2005 23:56

Good memory ? how could anyone forget the hardman Rodds saga - a bloody baker wasnt he with a son frederick, romping around in kettering? almost as unforgettable as Ada Rathbone, that one was!!

Bacardi

Bacardi Report 2 Dec 2005 23:58

this is wiered to say the least so what shall i do now is my family inter bread? sob angie xx