Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I am gutted :o((

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Merry

Merry Report 8 Mar 2006 20:27

See below in a mo..........

Dea

Dea Report 8 Mar 2006 20:29

Merry !! - Why don't you type it all in, then cut + paste ?? I can't stand the suspense !! Dea Xxx

Heather

Heather Report 8 Mar 2006 20:33

Pass the baccy

Heather

Anyone for communal singing?

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 8 Mar 2006 20:33

Got a spare paper, Heather?

Heather

King skin Jess? The boy has some in his room (though he dont know I know!)

Merry

Merry Report 8 Mar 2006 20:34

My parents married in 1963. I knew my dad had been married before and had always understood there were no children with his first wife. She died in 1953. Well last summer a cousin told me that dad's first wife did have a child, but that the baby was stillborn. I put this info to the back of my mind, as I imagined I would never be able to find out anything about it. However, for no particular reason I decided to trawl the birth reg's for the length of dad's first marriage, ''on the off-chance''. Six years into my quest I found a birth registration (there turned out to be no more). I could have had a sister.........Looked for a death. There is one in the same Q. All these years I have imagined a ''baby''........Now I know the sex and her name.............I am quite shocked at how upset I feel........... She was called Pamela.............. and would have been 18 years my senior......... Merry

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 8 Mar 2006 20:34

why are we waiting why are we waiting........... ps i have a numb bum, by the way if anyone cares **Sorry merry , we are now all squirming with embarrasment, I am

Dea

Dea Report 8 Mar 2006 20:34

Have either of you got one of them pretty pink ones, or don't they make them nowadays?? Dea x

Merry

Merry Report 8 Mar 2006 20:34

LOL you lot....you are cheering me up a bit already! Merry

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Mar 2006 20:35

Merry Oh, how sad! I can't really think of anything to say. Hugs (((((((((())))))))))) nell

Heather

Heather Report 8 Mar 2006 20:35

Oh sorry Merry, you must feel gutted. Its a real loss isnt it. I wish I had the big brother mum lost before me. I often think of the fun he may have been.

Merry

Merry Report 8 Mar 2006 20:37

I suppose I had got used to the idea of the stillbirth. I have ''always'' known about that. Merry

Merry

Merry Report 8 Mar 2006 20:38

It's allright Jess, I am still larffing too, but there's a bit of me that isn't too...... M x

Heather

Heather Report 8 Mar 2006 20:38

Me too, but even so, the baby was a real person. Id really love to have a big bro.

Dea

Dea Report 8 Mar 2006 20:40

I know how you feel Merry, I apparently had a sister - I sort of knew this - she apparently lived for only 8 hours, but when I found her details and birth reference etc. It somehow felt very different. Her name was Lynn and she would have been a couple of years older than me - I can't bring myself to send for any details or put her on my tree yet. It's really strange. Dea x

Heather

Heather Report 8 Mar 2006 20:41

I think one of the really good things about us lot doing this anoraking is that we bring to life people who have gone. Without us doing all this noseying about these people would be forgotten but we have changed that. Do add her to your tree Merry.

Jayne

Jayne Report 8 Mar 2006 20:42

Hi Merry, It's so hard to understand these things and even harder when you can't talk to the people who are involved. I hope the wonderful people on here cheer you up and you feel a little happier soon - god that sounds naff but I do mean it!!! Jayne x

Right said Fred

Right said Fred Report 8 Mar 2006 20:43

My grandad lost his twin sister when she was three weeks. he never talks about it even after 81 years, put her on your tree so that others can remember her too.

Heather

Heather Report 8 Mar 2006 20:45

My dear dad lost his elder bro when he must have been about 3 - he still talked about him when he was telling me about the family. Ive added him.