Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My Tip of the Day

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Snowdrops in Bloom

Snowdrops in Bloom Report 1 May 2006 14:00

For Anyone Interested - After being asked by a couple of people, and to save hijacking anyone's thread anymore than we already have (apologies), I am posting details on: 'How to Put Pretty Things in Your Name' Go to: Start All programmes Accessories System tools character map You'll need to go into, and have open, 'My Account details' (same as changing your name normally) Choose your symbol(s) press the 'select' button (on character map) Press the 'copy' button. (on character map) then right click and paste onto your name in 'My Account' details Once you have them in your name you can copy and paste them as much as you like. The better symbols are futher down the character map so just scroll down and play about until you get what you want. Have Fun!!! Snowdrops

Right said Fred

Right said Fred Report 1 May 2006 14:02

Just testing... No - don;t like that one. lol Think I'll stick with just my name - but thanks for the tip!

Crafty

Crafty Report 1 May 2006 14:03

Thankyou snowdrops, Think I am guilting of hijacking pipa's thread...sorry... But thankyou for the clear and easy instructions, even I could do it! ♫Sue♫ oops ...getting to confident! It doesn't work when typing in this little box! Sue

Michael

Michael Report 1 May 2006 14:07

As you might have guessed, I haven't even worked out how to change the display name - do I have to tell it that whatever I wish to be known as is in fact my real name?

Lynn

Lynn Report 1 May 2006 14:13

Just testing - yes it works, many thanks!

Snowdrops in Bloom

Snowdrops in Bloom Report 1 May 2006 14:16

Hi Michael No, you don't have to have your real name on display or in your account details. On the left hand side (down the green strip) the third message down says 'My account Details' click on there then put in your password etc and then change away. If you don't like what you've chosen you can go back as many times as you like to change it. You can sign your replies/threads with either your pseudonym or your real name. Snowdrops

Michael

Michael Report 1 May 2006 23:44

Hi Snowdrops, Thanks, tried that and it's still not working... never mind, since I'm not exactly in possession of the rarest of names there's not too much chance of anyone on here finding out who I am. Even if you know the year there's still over 100 to choose from. Michael

Val wish I'd never started

Val wish I'd never started Report 1 May 2006 23:49

Hi Snowdrop I did mine thanks to you might change it later

Thelma

Thelma Report 2 May 2006 00:09

testing

Val wish I'd never started

Val wish I'd never started Report 2 May 2006 12:35

yes it worked Jim quite nice too

Donna

Donna Report 2 May 2006 15:53

just testing!

Snowdrops in Bloom

Snowdrops in Bloom Report 5 Jul 2006 14:34

Nudge Snowdrops

Angela

Angela Report 5 Jul 2006 14:39

Thanks, Snowdrops. Will give it a go.

Angela

Angela Report 5 Jul 2006 14:56

Tain't working. I am going to sulk.

Angela

Angela Report 5 Jul 2006 15:07

Yes, am doing that. All it is doing is pasting in some letters which I don't want.

Jean....

Jean.... Report 5 Jul 2006 15:08

Just trying.......yes

Angela

Angela Report 5 Jul 2006 15:17

I am at work at the moment - will try again at home!!! Maybe the powers that be are stopping me doing it!!

Angela

Angela Report 5 Jul 2006 16:00

Tried that one as well - I still just got the letters that I didn't want instead of the symbols. I think that I am doomed to have a dull name for ever.

♫ D☺ver Sue

♫ D☺ver Sue Report 5 Jul 2006 16:15

Lets see if mine worked.......

♫ D☺ver Sue

♫ D☺ver Sue Report 5 Jul 2006 16:19

Thank you, it's nice to be a Sue again, I hated having Susan on the board.