Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Heres a challenge for you! Help find the roots of

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 8 May 2006 00:53

Please see below... .

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 8 May 2006 00:53

An adopted friend has asked me to help her find her birth family roots....She met her BM some years ago and this is the only info she was given........ BM name..Mary Eirwen Roberts b1920ish.(I cant find her birth) Most likely born Ffestinniog Wales. (might be Blaenay) but DEF north Wales. Her parents were... Thomas Ellis Roberts and Ellen Jane. Below is what I have put together for her but need assistence in deciding which certs to buy to prove it. (Dont forget I'm a novice and easily excited) Gerri.

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 8 May 2006 00:54

1901 census Edward Price Roberts abt 1896 Gwyddelwern, Merionethshire, Wales Son Gwyddelwern Merionethshire ELLIS ROBERTS abt 1870 Coedpoeth, Denbighshire, Wales Head Gwyddelwern Merionethshire Mary Louisa Roberts abt 1870 Coedpoeth, Denbighshire, Wales Wife Gwyddelwern Merionethshire Thomas Ellis Roberts abt 1898 Gwyddelwern, Merionethshire, Wales Son Gwyddelwern Merionethshire (your grandfather) Margaret Jane Turner abt 1883 Coedporth, Denbighshire, Wales Servant Gwyddelwern Merionethshire (this maybe a sister to mary louisa. Same maiden name) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Birth reg: Your grandfather. Name: Thomas Ellis Roberts Year of Registration: 1899 Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun District: Ffestiniog County: Caernarvonshire, Merionethshire Volume: 11b Page: 380 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Ellis and mary Louisa marriage.Your great grandparents. Ellis Roberts 1890 Oct-Nov-Dec Corwen Denbighshire, Merionethshire Mary Louisa Turner 1890 Oct-Nov-Dec Corwen Denbighshire, Merionethshire Name: Ellis Roberts Year of Registration: 1890 Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec District: Corwen County: Denbighshire, Merionethshire Volume: 11b Page: 671 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 1891 census Ellis is a butcher. Ellis Roberts abt 1870 Coedpolth Wrexham, Denbighshire, Wales Head Gwyddelwern Merionethshire Mary Louisa Roberts abt 1870 Glyn Ceircog, Denbighshire, Wales Wife Gwyddelwern Merionethshire ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 1881 census Name: Ellis Roberts Age: 12 Estimated birth year: abt 1869 Relation: Son Household: View other family members Family and neighbors: View neighbors Gender: Male Where Born: Coedpoeth, Denbighshire, Wales Civil parish: Gwyddelwern County/Island: Merionethshire Country: Wales Street address: No 3 Gwyddelwern Terrace Education: View image Employment status: View image Occupation: Scholar Source information: RG11/5538 Registration district: Corwen Sub registration district: Corwen ED, institution, or vessel: 1 Folio: 12 Page: 17 (click to see others on page) GSU Number: 1342330 family members... Margaret Edwards abt 1803 Dolgellau, Merionethshire, Wales Mother in Law Gwyddelwern Merionethshire Ellis Roberts abt 1869 Coedpoeth, Denbighshire, Wales Son Gwyddelwern Merionethshire Esther Roberts abt 1837 Llandrillo, Merionethshire, Wales Wife Gwyddelwern Merionethshire Evan Roberts abt 1835 Ruthin, Denbighshire, Wales Head Gwyddelwern Merionethshire Evan Roberts abt 1865 Llandrillo, Merionethshire, Wales Son Gwyddelwern Merionethshire John Roberts abt 1868 Llandrillo, Merionethshire, Wales Son Gwyddelwern Merionethshire Margaret Roberts abt 1872 Coedpoeth, Denbighshire, Wales Daughter Gwyddelwern Merionethshire Mary Roberts abt 1874 Coedpoeth, Denbighshire, Wales Daughter Gwyddelwern Merionethshire Price Roberts abt 1878 Coedpoeth, Denbighshire, Wales Son Gwyddelwern Merionethshire Evan and Evan are both butchers. Esther is a butchers wife. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Ignor the fact that Margaret Edwards is the mother in law and Mary Louisas maiden name was Turner cos way back then, most kids were registered in the mothers maiden name cos they never married untill they had the 1st born! Hmmmm! baby arrived early!!! nod nod wink wink.SOME didn't bother till they had loadsa kids! I'll have a poke around and see if I can find a Margaret Turner marrying a 'someone'Edwards....or vise versa. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Georgina

Georgina Report 8 May 2006 00:57

Gerri it might be easier if you give us your friends name and year of birth because we can look up her birth reference & get her mothers maiden name. Births Dec 1908 Roberts Mary Eirwen Ruthin 11b 265 Georgina.

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 8 May 2006 01:07

Fiona Roberts (birth name 17/1/1955 Hastings.) adopted name Briggs.

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 8 May 2006 01:13

Georgina I have Fiona on messenger and she says thats too old to be her :-(((

Georgina

Georgina Report 8 May 2006 01:14

Gerri the birth I posted above was probably too early to be her mother. Did Fiona have any brothers or sisters? Georgina.

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 8 May 2006 01:17

NO Georgina she was the only one. Fiona says: no I was a mistake of the illigitimate kind

Georgina

Georgina Report 8 May 2006 01:21

Possible birth for Mary.. Mary E Roberts registered in Ruthin (denbighshire) june quarter 1923 MMN Roberts ref no:11b-501. The trouble is there is so many Roberts. Georgina.

Georgina

Georgina Report 8 May 2006 01:25

And another one... Mary E Roberts born Ruthin June quarter 1924 MMN Roberts ref no:11b-499. Georgina.

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 8 May 2006 01:25

That looks good Georgina!

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 8 May 2006 01:26

Ah! see what you mean!

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 8 May 2006 01:27

Do you think Ruthin is NORTH Wales?...I haven't a clue

Georgina

Georgina Report 8 May 2006 01:32

Gerri all I know is that Ruthin is in Denbeighshire which is where some of the family lived on your census above. Also the birth I found in 1908 was in Ruthin and she was the only Mary Eirwen Roberts who showed up on freeBMD so she may be a relation? There is another Mary E Roberts born in Festiniog in the June quarter 1920 MMN Roberts Ref No:11b-695. If only they would put the second name down on the records instead of the initial it would be a great help. Georgina. Georgina.

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 8 May 2006 01:33

Fiona says: hmmmm too young.She was younger than my parents. Thanks for you help Georgina (Gerri said that)

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 8 May 2006 01:35

There is another Mary E Roberts born in Festiniog in the June quarter 1920 MMN Roberts Ref No:11b-695. That one looks promising!

Georgina

Georgina Report 8 May 2006 01:37

I have just googled Ruthin & it is mid-wales, Festiniog is north wales. Georgina.

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 8 May 2006 01:38

Georgina Your a diamond!...I'll send for that cert in the morning. Thankyou from me also Fiona.....She's on messenger bursting! lol Gerri x

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 8 May 2006 01:40

One more question Georgina? What does MMN mean?

Georgina

Georgina Report 8 May 2006 01:43

Gerri, MMN is mothers maiden name. I am off to bed now wish Fiona good luck with her search. Goodnight. Georgina.