Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Foul Blow to Family Researcher !!!!!

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dea

Dea Report 12 May 2006 20:43

see below:

Dea

Dea Report 12 May 2006 20:45

Hi all, Had little baby grand-daughter all day and I'm 'right worn out' !! Just managed to cook 'hubbie' an omelette - grated some cheese to put in, hand slipped and I grated my knuckle instead - Bad enough you might think, but it happens to be the one on my 'mouse-clicker' finger.!!!! - Would you believe my luck ??? I am typing with my finger stuck up in the air and it is most painful to twiddle the wheel on my mouse. Everyone feel sorry for me PLEASE. Dea Xxx

Perranmaid

Perranmaid Report 12 May 2006 20:47

Dea Bad luck done it myself it do hurt don't it. By the way did hubby enjoy the extra protein????

The Ego

The Ego Report 12 May 2006 20:47

But on the flip side some chap on here has Manchester and Salford Trade directory for your delectation !!

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 12 May 2006 20:48

Did the omelette have blood in it! Sylv.

Vanessa

Vanessa Report 12 May 2006 20:49

Dea. How sore your fingers must be? Keep excercising them. They will heal. Vanessa

Charlie chuckles

Charlie chuckles Report 12 May 2006 20:52

Poor thing! Got a good cure though--- nice bottle (or) 2 of red or white, you'll soon forget the pain!!!

Dea

Dea Report 12 May 2006 20:53

Ooooh you are a 'Gorrey' lot - NO the omelette didn't have blood in it - That only came out later when I bent it ! Perhaps I should have put some tomato sauce on the side just in case?? OOO - It hurts to type - even with my finger stuck up in the air, it keeps bending in sympathy with the others. Dea x P.S. - Yes - I have started on the brandy - It should 'kick in' soon. Dea x

Dea

Dea Report 12 May 2006 21:06

Thank you Alter, I have found the thread you mention. The brandy is taking effect and I can't think of anyone I need as recent as 1929, BUT, you can rest assured that I will be looking into it. Dea Xxx GOSH - If you use your next right finger on your right hand to try and twiddle the wheel, you get a funny little circle thingy which comes up and all the words scroll up and down without you doing anything - It makes your eyes go all funny!! (Though it may be the brandy?) Dea x

Penelope

Penelope Report 12 May 2006 21:19

Ermmm....no, that's definatly the brandy, lol. Pen x Hope it heals soon

Helen

Helen Report 12 May 2006 21:20

I think you're pressing a bit hard on the wheel....

Dea

Dea Report 12 May 2006 21:25

YYYeeehhh Everyone !! Thank you Helen - See - It's NOT the brandy - If (as Helen said), you press hard on the little wheely thing, you get that circle thingy with the arrows inside and the whole page 'floats around' uncontrollably !!! It's NOT me then. Thank you Helen, Dea x

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 12 May 2006 21:44

I pulled two brillo pads apart the other day, well, I tried, they'd hooked themselves together by a thread. and what does twit head here do? only wraps it round her finger as you would knitting wool and tries to break the thread! Now sporting 3 steri - strips on middle finger R hand. beggars typing completely!! Jess x

Dea

Dea Report 12 May 2006 21:49

Ouch!! Jess, Although middle finger not quite so crucial as 'mouse-clicker' finger, - I am sure it is just as painful though !! Dea Xxx

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 12 May 2006 21:51

Oh wow! I diddn't know about that scrolling thingy! init good? lol Thanks for that Dea :-))

Dea

Dea Report 12 May 2006 21:54

Neither did I Gerri, but I have to say - If you like that - It's no wonder you are 'Sleepless' Dea Xxx

Just

Just Report 12 May 2006 21:54

Sorry to hear about your finger. I hope it heals soon. Have you thought of using your other hand to control the mouse?..... But by the way, I'm left handed but use my right hand for my mouse control and I just can't do it with my left hand at all! Does anyone else have the same problem that they are one handed on the mouse?! Claire

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 12 May 2006 21:57

its my mouse wheel rolling finger!!

Dea

Dea Report 12 May 2006 21:59

Gosh Jess - It's mine now as well. Snap!!! Dea Xxx

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 12 May 2006 22:00

we can have matching badges ''I've got a poorly mouse wheel finger'' ps what good does brandy do? do i drink it or dip my poorly pinkie in it?? Jess x