Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Identity problem

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

William

William Report 10 Jul 2006 09:10

I am searching for my Paternal line, family name WADE. I have found an entry for my Grandmothers wedding, which is 2nd Quarter of 1905 at Shoreditch 9b/631. Her name is Elizabeth Tabram. She married my Grandfather Henry George Wade. But I cannot find any trace of him in the wedding index for this time or any other type of record. Thre are many Henry Wade's in the area of Hoxton, but I cannot link them with my family. My Grandfathers name has been confirmed by my uncles Marriage lines, which shows him as father of the groom. Any help would be appreciated. Regards, Bill

Anne

Anne Report 10 Jul 2006 09:25

You don't need both names to send for a marriage certificate. If you have one name and the index numbers you can buy the certificate for £7. Anne

William

William Report 10 Jul 2006 10:39

Gillian I have tried the FreeBDM website, but it is not showing any details, even on Elizabeth Tabram. I may not be inputting info properly. Anne I know I can get the certificate, but I was trying to identify Henry first, because I cannot find any references to him at all. Thank you both for responding. Regards, Bill

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 10 Jul 2006 10:55

hello, just found this Name: Elizabeth Rebecca M Tabram Year of Registration: 1905 Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun District: Shoreditch County: London, Middlesex Volume: 1c Page: 158 people on same page are View Record William George Dean 1905 Apr-May-Jun Shoreditch London, Middlesex >>>> Elizabeth Rebecca M Tabram 1905 Apr-May-Jun Shoreditch London, Middlesex >>>> Henry Alfred Wade 1905 Apr-May-Jun Shoreditch London, Middlesex it is possible he changed his middle name, or perhaps, someone got it wrong this isonly one i could find Julie

William

William Report 10 Jul 2006 11:41

Julie I think my uncle gave me the wrong middle name. He is 90 years old, and has dementia. His wife said his Dad's name on their marriage certificate was Henry George, But I am certain you have found the right one in henry Alfred. Thanks for that. Without appearing to be a nuisance, Henry Alfred's Dad was also a Henry, and according to the 1901 census, he was born in 1860. It is possible my uncle was refering to his grandfather, who may be a Henry George. However, I cannot find anone who might match. I have requested the marriage cert. for Henry Alfred and Elizabeth Tabram, so may be able to find out a little more info. Rgards, Bill

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 10 Jul 2006 17:09

Bill, i found this on 1891 cen View Record Catherine Wade abt 1886 Hoxton, London, England Daughter Shoreditch London >>> Henry Wade abt 1861 Lambeth, Surrey, England Head Shoreditch London >>>> Henry Wade abt 1885 Hoxton, London, England Son Shoreditch London View Record Kate Wade abt 1864 Hoxton, London, England Wife Shoreditch London View Record Maud Wade abt 1890 Hoxton, London, England Daughter Shoreditch London think its a possible??? Julie

William

William Report 10 Jul 2006 17:14

Julie I have seen this one before, and I did think it was possible. However, on the 1901 census, it shows the identical family, except the wife Kate is changed to Susannah. But if you look at the professions of both Kate and Susannah, they are Fur Sewers. So there must be a connection between the 2. Susannah is my Gtgrandma, according to the birth cert. Maybe I need to search Henry born 1861 in Lambeth. Regards, Bill

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 10 Jul 2006 18:32

Bill, i take it this is family in 1901 then View Record Catherine Wade abt 1886 London, England Daughter Shoreditch St Leonard London >>> Henry Wade abt 1860 London, England Head Shoreditch St Leonard London >> Henry Wade abt 1885 London, England Son Shoreditch St Leonard London View Record Maud Wade abt 1890 London, England Daughter Shoreditch St Leonard London >> Susanna Wade abt 1863 London, England Wife Shoreditch St Leonard London View Record William Wade abt 1892 London, England Son Shoreditch St Leonard London Do you have a marriage for henry/susanna??? Julie Just having a look, it is possible that she was Katherine Susanna?? one being her middle name? just a thought Julie

William

William Report 10 Jul 2006 19:00

Julie That's the family!! I do not have the marriage cert for Henry and Susannah. I could not find a link for this anywhere. I assume if Henry was born in 1860 and his son born in Dec 1984, he would have been married between 1880 and 1884. They lived in the Hoxton area of Shoreditch, but I still could not find a link. The only possibility I have found was a Henry Wade in 4th Qtr of 1880 in Islington. But I do not feel this is the right one. Bill

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 10 Jul 2006 19:08

Bill, am checking marriage index at the moment starting from 1884 and working backwards, it is entirely possible though that they married AFTER henry Jr was born, will check this afterwards Julie

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 10 Jul 2006 19:27

Bill, have checked images from 1884-1879, for a swift marriage either in (k) catherine or Susanna (h) and nothing is there, so am now working forwards, from 1885, hope fully will find something, the 1880 one you found, wouldnt be to above, as there wasnt any catherine/susannah swifts on dec quart Julie

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 10 Jul 2006 20:32

Bill, have searched through to 1891, and no marriage can be found, we'll have to wait now until the other cert arrives Julie

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 17 Jul 2006 17:20

hiya bill, i shall post PM here so its all in one place, hope you dont mind Hi Julie I now have my Grandparents marriage cert. Henry Alfred wade married Elizabeth Rebecca Martha Tabram on 11th June 1905. Henry was 20 and Elizabeth 18. Henry was a general FDealer and lioved at 12 Ware st. His father is shown only as Henry wade and he too was a general dealer. The witnesses to the marriage were Alfred Tabram, and Mabel Swailes. In the 1891 census, Mabel is shown as living with her parents at 30 Cowper street. Do not know her connection to the family, but I did notice that an Emma Wade lived at 29 Cowper st. Still having problems tracing Henry born 1860. Bill

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 17 Jul 2006 17:36

1901 census View Record Elizabeth Edwards abt 1887 St Luke, London, England Niece Shoreditch London View Record May Edwards abt 1890 Hoxton, London, England Niece Shoreditch London View Record Alfred Tabram abt 1861 Holloway, London, England Head Shoreditch London >>> Elizabeth Tabram abt 1889 Hoxton, London, England Daughter Shoreditch London View Record Henry Tabram abt 1887 Hoxton, London, England Son Shoreditch London View Record Rebecca Tabram abt 1865 St Luke, London, England Wife Shoreditch London julie

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 17 Jul 2006 17:43

elizabeths Birth Name: Elizabeth Rebecca M Tabram Year of Registration: 1889 Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar District: Shoreditch County: London, Middlesex Volume: 1c Page: 9[23] (click to see others on page) julie

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 17 Jul 2006 19:42

henry seniors birth?? Name: Henry Wade Year of Registration: 1860 Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun District: Bethnal Green County: Greater London, London, Middlesex Volume: 1c Page: 221 (click to see others on page) julie we need really to find either a marriage or him on census, julie

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 17 Jul 2006 19:49

i found this Name: Charles Henry Wade Year of Registration: 1883 Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar District: Pancras (1837-1901) County: London, Middlesex Volume: 1b Page: 130 (click to see others on page) possible spouse View Record James George Connor 1883 Jan-Feb-Mar Pancras (1837-1901) London, Middlesex >>>>> Triphena Susannah Locke 1883 Jan-Feb-Mar Pancras (1837-1901) London, Middlesex View Record Bertha Parker 1883 Jan-Feb-Mar Pancras (1837-1901) London, Middlesex View Record Charles Henry Wade 1883 Jan-Feb-Mar Pancras (1837-1901) London, Middlesex think its a possible?? julie

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 17 Jul 2006 19:54

hmmmn another one Name: Henry Alfred Wade Year of Registration: 1860 Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec District: Poplar County: London, Middlesex Volume: 1c Page: 643 (click to see others on page) julie

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 17 Jul 2006 19:59

this is your grandads birth reg Name: Henry Alfred Wade Year of Registration: 1885 Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar District: Shoreditch County: London, Middlesex Volume: 1c Page: 129 (click to see others on page) cant remember now if you said you had it or not, or if you had cert, Julie

William

William Report 17 Jul 2006 21:54

Julie I have looked at the Henry wade born 1860 in Bethnal green, and did think he was the father of Henry Alfred Wade (my Grandfather). But I contacted a guy in Australia who was researching the Shoreditch Wades, and he sent me his family history, which included this Henry, but his descendents did not match mine. What I cannot understand is that my Great Grandfather and mother, Henry and Susannah Swift are shown on My Grandfathers biorth cert. as mum and dad, and the 1891 census has them as a family, and also on the 1901 census. But no record of the marriage can be found. There is one remote possibility that I have not investigated. The father of Susanna Swift died and her mother jane remarried a guy called Bliss, and this family is shown on the 1871 census with Susanna being listed as a step daughter. Is it possible she was married as Susanna Bliss? Bill