Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry census search....new options

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Merry

Merry Report 24 Jul 2006 21:05

Is that a new column in the results - ''Parent or Spouse Names''??? Merry x

Heather

Heather Report 24 Jul 2006 21:07

What, really?

Merry

Merry Report 24 Jul 2006 21:08

Take a look! Merry

Heather

Heather Report 24 Jul 2006 21:08

Blow me, youre right - how brilliant is that!

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 24 Jul 2006 21:09

just found it, thought i was seeing things though!! have you tried to C&P it?....it missed the parents names off! Its a bit wierd though - my granny has only a mother.... Abagail C Charman >Martha < abt 1889 Redhill, Surrey, England Daughter Reigate Surrey

Merry

Merry Report 24 Jul 2006 21:11

Jess.....Surely you know I would NEVER DREAM of C & P a page from Ancestry!!!! lol Merry

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 24 Jul 2006 21:13

scroll down to the bottom of the transcribed page too> different again still looking for GGrandfather charman< concentrate Jess!! she was a widow by 1901..........

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon)

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon) Report 24 Jul 2006 21:21

I've just been in & seen this. Trouble is, it says Father & Mother which is not necessarily the case if Father has married again, if you see what I mean! Could be useful but maybe misleading. Angela

Merry

Merry Report 24 Jul 2006 21:31

The ''View Other Family Members'' thing has gone too....it's been replaced by a list of the rest of the household without their full details......Is this a way of making C&P more difficult (not that I would..........'%£'%&£%'** .....Ouch!!) Merry

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 24 Jul 2006 21:35

Very misleading. My grandmother is on 1901 census - born 1900. Her older sister b 1898 has the same mother but a different father. Think this will lead to confusion and not help anyone just starting out on researching their family history. Maureen

Merry

Merry Report 24 Jul 2006 21:40

Maybe if they had put the word ''Possible'' in front of the column heading? Merry

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon) Report 24 Jul 2006 21:43

Maybe instead of Father & Mother, it should say Head & Wife. Angela

Glen In Tinsel Knickers

Glen In Tinsel Knickers Report 24 Jul 2006 21:44

Ah but if the word possible comes into the equation aren't we getting towards LDS submitted entry quality results? Glen

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 24 Jul 2006 21:45

Not sure Head and Wife would be correct either. My gt grandparents actually married in 1914 but are shown as Head and Wife. Maureen

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon) Report 24 Jul 2006 21:50

That's true Maureen, I've got cases of that! However, if someone follows a line assuming a particular parent is the true parent when they're not, the tree will be wrong. It's not such a big deal if a couple weren't married. Maybe, as per Glen's suggestion, this is how some of the errors on the LDS site came to be. Angela

Merry

Merry Report 24 Jul 2006 21:52

I've just been looking at some random results for people listed as ''grandson'' in 1901. Most of them have nothing in the new column, but some do.....of the few I looked at the parent has been picked out by Ancestry because they were the only other person in the house with the same surname as the child. Merry

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 24 Jul 2006 22:34

S'cuse me, i know i can be as stoopid as the next man, but what the do-dah have they done with RG numbers?

Merry

Merry Report 24 Jul 2006 22:36

Ohhhhhhhhhh nnnnnoooooooooooooooooooo They are not there! What do we do now then?? Merry

Merry

Merry Report 24 Jul 2006 22:39

Once you have found your household on Ancestry, if you need the RG number etc etc you would have to look them up again on the TNA site and get the numbers from there!!! NIGHTMARE! Merry

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 24 Jul 2006 22:39

No, its there, just different, HIDING!! see if you can spot it.... i just have