Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Free reg comming on-line

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

fraserbooks

fraserbooks Report 19 Sep 2006 10:42

I noticed freereg seems to be up and running - at least the Somerset board is. So far it only has links to parish registers I already knew about not the ones I really want but I am very pleased to see it. http://freereg.rootsweb.com/ Anne

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 19 Sep 2006 12:18

Hi Annie, yes that is good news, thanks for bringing it to our attention. I just tried it and this is the response I got: FreeREG Search is being deployed gradually, and is not yet available from your location. Access will be available from your location in approximately 34 days. So it seems they are gradually introducing it. Im in London/Essex boarders so it looks like Ill have to wait 34 days. Thanks again. Suzanne X

Leigh

Leigh Report 19 Sep 2006 12:31

What will freereg have different to IGI?

Jools

Jools Report 19 Sep 2006 12:33

And yorkshire/lancashire is 81 days

Sam

Sam Report 19 Sep 2006 12:34

I've got to wait 22 days for Staffordshire..... Sam x

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Sep 2006 12:38

It's not fair - it says I will have to wait 81 days - sorry not for paradise for Kent :) Lin

Tammy

Tammy Report 19 Sep 2006 12:41

I have to wait 81 days here in Worcestershire as well!! Tammy

short_rach

short_rach Report 19 Sep 2006 12:43

Up and running for me! Not found anything yet I don't already know but still searching lol Rach (in Notts)

dahani

dahani Report 19 Sep 2006 13:25

34 days for Devon Jill

fraserbooks

fraserbooks Report 19 Sep 2006 14:02

I think the main difference from the IGI is that the records have been locally transcribed by volunteers who are interested in family history so should be more accurate. They also have records not on the IGI. Anne

Geraldine

Geraldine Report 19 Sep 2006 14:08

I must be really dozy 'coz I can't see where you are getting this info from. Give us clue, pleeease!

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 19 Sep 2006 14:25

Hi the web address is imcomplete it should read as follows: http://freereg.rootsweb.)com take out the bracket after the full stop though. This happens as GR dont allow web address with )co or )com to stop advertising or something? Suzanne X

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 19 Sep 2006 14:26

how do you find out how many days you are having to wait lol all im getting is 0 results for this **** in this area susie

₪ TeresaW elite empress of deleted threads&#

₪ TeresaW elite empress of deleted threads&# Report 19 Sep 2006 14:32

I've just been told I have to wait 81 days for recrods to be available in my area. Now I'm in Noriwch, but I wanted to search Hampshire, I never entered an area or Parish...so what now?

Geraldine

Geraldine Report 19 Sep 2006 14:39

Sorry, what I meant was how do you find out how many days you may have to wait.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 19 Sep 2006 14:56

When you access the site........there is a message. Not sure what it is supposed to mean, though.........how can they control which areas of the country receive info on the internet? Reg

Leigh

Leigh Report 19 Sep 2006 15:46

Your IP address may reveal where in the courtry you are - however if you are familiar with anonymous proxy servers you can hide your real IP address and perhaps fool freereg into thinking you are in a different part of the country. I'll give it a try and let you know.

Geraldine

Geraldine Report 19 Sep 2006 15:52

I don't get any message about days when I access the site so I assume Bucks is done. Shame I don't need to look anyone up in Bucks. Need London!

JosieByCoast

JosieByCoast Report 19 Sep 2006 15:53

Just had a look and I'm in West Sussex. It tells me only 3 days time for me. Do hope they include the ones that aren't on the igi familysearch.

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 19 Sep 2006 16:52

geraldine lol,bucks isnt done hun. i need it.and i dont get any message either:( susie