Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

to many albert jones's

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Toria

Toria Report 5 Feb 2007 20:38

Any ideas on what to do next i'm looking for my great granfathers birth cert he was born 09/07/1902 but when i look there are loads His name is albert leslie jones but there are none but loads of alberts. Any ideas on what i shouls do. Toria xxxx

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 5 Feb 2007 20:46

Toria have you any idea where he was born?

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 5 Feb 2007 20:48

Where did you get that DOB? I have looked on Ancestry 1902 3rd quarter and he's not there. PS...you had another thread on Records but it's now gone...all queries unanswered!

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 5 Feb 2007 20:50

There is an Albert Leslie Jones registered Q4 1902, Salford 8d 76

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 5 Feb 2007 20:52

Keith On Torias other thread, her family came from Deptford,Kent and Wales Gerri.

...Julie...

...Julie... Report 5 Feb 2007 20:54

Hi when I was looking for my great grandfather I already new I had the correct name for him because I had my grandfathers birth cert.His name was Henry John looked every where for him census didnt have so asked for help on here some kind person found him he was not using Henry so must of dropped that name and used John you might of already thought of this but I thought I would share this with you as I always thought you had to use your full name on the census hope this helps

Toria

Toria Report 5 Feb 2007 20:56

sorry people got distracted with my kids i'm sorry Not to sure where he was born got the date from family member who i believe got from death cert i just looked on there and it has albert leslie jones born 09 july 1902 reg Birmingham

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 5 Feb 2007 20:57

I have sent Toria a PM. Asking if she needs help in how to answer her threads... Gerri.

Toria

Toria Report 5 Feb 2007 21:06

keith i'm sorry it took so long to get back to you but my son woke up i was trying to get him back to sleep. i'm really thank ful for the help i receive. still looking what other thread on you on about. what questions i'm sorry i don't want to upset any one.

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 5 Feb 2007 21:13

Toria, birth dates on death certificates are only as good as the information the informant knows, so could be wrong unless informant was family member. The only Albert Leslie Jones birth around that time I can see is the one in Salford.

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 5 Feb 2007 21:18

Added by Keith Franklin on 05/02/2007 20:50:03 There is an Albert Leslie Jones registered Q4 1902, Salford 8d 76

Toria

Toria Report 5 Feb 2007 21:20

Keith thank you i'll try and talk to my grandad as he might be able to remeber something only he got alsymas so i gets a bit hard for him and he gets angry when he can't remeber but i'll have a go. Still looking - i'm trying to find out that thread only i don't have a mary jones as far as i know i have mary jane perks but that on the other side of my tree. xxxxxxx

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 5 Feb 2007 21:21

Hi Toria Unless theres TWO Torias? It was a thread about a 'Mary Jones' from deptford,kent? Gerri x

Toria

Toria Report 5 Feb 2007 21:38

Just found there marriage cert out Albert married Ethal may 09/01/1926 he was 23 so would that make his birth 1903 or 1902

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 5 Feb 2007 22:10

Toria, could be either, more likely 1902 than 1903 unless he was born in the first 9 days of 1903.

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 5 Feb 2007 22:49

Yesssssssss! got him :-)))) Birth Albert Lesley Jones 1903 Q3 Stourbridge 6c-151 I'll eat my hat if thats not him! lol Gerri x

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 5 Feb 2007 22:49

At last!!!! A date that I can match up lol Marriage 1926 Q1 Birmingham/S Ethel M. Steele Albert L. Jones 6d-89. Sorry...still looking for his birth.... Gerri x

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 5 Feb 2007 23:00

Gerri, IF age on marriage is correct, birth more likely to be 1902.

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 5 Feb 2007 23:02

Handbags at dawn keith?....lol It's late and I've been up since 5am so you could be right! Time for bedybys me thinks.. Gerri x PS...Toria, let me know if I have to eat my hat?

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 5 Feb 2007 23:04

Nite Nite lol.