Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

no more info on a name

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

FindingMyPast

FindingMyPast Report 11 Feb 2016 16:59

hello, hope someone can help.
in the 1964/65 electoral rolls theres a george gasper living with a hetty gasper at
31 Navarino Road in 64 and then together in 65 at 31 Lansdowne Drive
think these might be same place.
i cant find anything on hetty gasper. nothing at all.
i have tried henrietta, harriet, betty and other names but nothing.
also the george gasper at this adress i cant find anything else on him too except another george gasper. need to see if the others are the same as this one at this adress.
hope all this makes sense.
hope someone can help me.
thank you so much
serena xxxx :-)

Andrew

Andrew Report 11 Feb 2016 17:24

The addreses are the same. The 1965 transcription is wrong.

Andy

FindingMyPast

FindingMyPast Report 11 Feb 2016 17:35

oh ok thank you.
would u be able to tell me how i can find out more on hetty and george?
xxx :-) :-)

malyon

malyon Report 11 Feb 2016 17:54

does it give the ages of george and hetty where abouts is that on the electrol roll is it in london

FindingMyPast

FindingMyPast Report 11 Feb 2016 17:55

hello, no it doesnt, i will post a link , hold on xxxx

malyon

malyon Report 11 Feb 2016 18:01

is the address in london that link does not come up have to create an account to look

FindingMyPast

FindingMyPast Report 11 Feb 2016 18:01

yes its in london xx

Rambling

Rambling Report 11 Feb 2016 18:09

It's Hackney,,

There is a birth there to Gasper, in 1959 if you check freebmd, as the person is likely to be living I won't post, but the birth is reg in mmn also so parents not married...that could be worth looking at as there is no George Gasper marriage to a Hetty or variations that I can see...nor to the mmn on that birth?

FindingMyPast

FindingMyPast Report 11 Feb 2016 18:12

so a george gasper had a child in 59?
sorry im usuless at all this xxxx
what is mmn?
yes strange that theres no marriage
or
anything else on hetty xxx

malyon

malyon Report 11 Feb 2016 18:16

there are not many george gasper's born in the uk was there a middle name
i wonder if the name should be jasper

Rambling

Rambling Report 11 Feb 2016 18:19

It's just a guess, there is one person born 1959 who has the surname Gasper, he is also reg under his mmn ( ie mother's maiden name) implying the couple were not married. and as there is no Gasper marriage to the mother's maiden name it might suggest they just lived together.

But no way of knowing if the Mr Gasper was George without buying the son's birth cert.

Rambling

Rambling Report 11 Feb 2016 18:24

Serena, it might make sense in light of your previous thread re Gasper/lacey...assuming it's the same George Gasper he probably wouldn't have divorced by then so not free to remarry?

FindingMyPast

FindingMyPast Report 11 Feb 2016 18:32

could u please send me the link to this birth, i cant find it at all.

thats right it is the same george...my dad......he was still married then i think and also registered at same adress as his with finhoola, but they may have seperated in 63/64 and he was living with this hetty and she used his surname,
his middle name was clement
xx

Rambling

Rambling Report 11 Feb 2016 18:34

yep will do, would you mind deleting the links you put on please, only they are stretching the thread off the page and it makes it difficult to read and post :-)

FindingMyPast

FindingMyPast Report 11 Feb 2016 18:35

ohhh ok i think i found it, xx

FindingMyPast

FindingMyPast Report 11 Feb 2016 18:37

i have deleted them xxx :-)

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 11 Feb 2016 18:37

Related thread:-

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1357000?page=0

Rambling

Rambling Report 11 Feb 2016 19:04

Thanks AustinQ,

Serena, first of all you have to establish whether the birth I have PM'd is relevant. You will need the birth cert to make sure that the father's name is your George. Then go from there.

FindingMyPast

FindingMyPast Report 11 Feb 2016 19:11

thank you. xxx
still need to find out about this hetty xx

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 12 Feb 2016 00:47

The 1959 birth certificate for Gasper will tell you the parents names. Assuming the father is George and the mother is Hetty or derivations, it will also tell you her official surname rather than the one she used on the ER.

For what its worth a number of my Esthers' were known as Etty. Its not much further to (H)etty