Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Irish Records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 19 Jun 2024 18:08

Why are your records limited largely to GB? There is another Island you know and I am well aware of the circumstances in which records have been lost this side of the Irish Sea. I need details of England to Ireland family migration in 17th cent. to establish a link between branches of my family in southern England and those in Co. Armagh.
Grateful for any help in this brick wall matter.

Regards
David ;-)

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 8 Jul 2024 18:03

Unsurprisingly no one has replied to David as Genes no longer checks anything on here and consider it closed.

There will be no record of migration between England and Ireland unless you find them popping up on various records.

You need to investigate what Irish records are an available. Big improvements in accessibility have been made over the last few years. For starters try PRONI to see what they have.

You know which of the counties you are interested in - so try their records too.

Not many people consider Genes the best place for research whichever part of the UK, NI or the Republic one is researching.. Hopefully y now you will have found out where you should be looking.