Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

h c driver

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

samantha

samantha Report 11 Nov 2015 12:11

trying to trace a dog tag back to family of above name, can someone point me in right direction pls, got some info off war force records, thanks in advance, he was in Kings RoyaI Rifle Corps and woundedin 1942 in Western Desert

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 11 Nov 2015 16:28

It's a bit difficult as the WW2 records are with the MOD and can only br accessed for a fee. Even then you'd need to be sure he died over 25 years ago and know his dob or service number.

Would the KRRC Association be able to help?
http://www.krrcassociation.com/index.php/association/18-contact-the-association

Or the associated museum?
http://www.rgjmuseum.co.uk/about_history.asp

Have the records you've already found given his first names?
Where did you find the dog-tags? He may have once lived in the area. Electoral Rolls either past or present might help.

samantha

samantha Report 11 Nov 2015 17:24

many thanks for your advice, appreciate it, I will look into all what you have said, the dog tag was found with others in parents garden about thirty yrs ago and last yr came across them, managed to trace one last yr back to a family, thanks again for help

samantha

samantha Report 11 Nov 2015 17:25

when I looked on war forces records his name and service number came right up matching dog tag x